HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Martin , Incognito Drama
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Martin , Incognito Drama
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 04:45PM

I think that Ritchie's interview is huge!

Here are the facts

1) the media following this story is a complete joke.They all suck!
2) Armando Salguero is the only journalist that is handling this story properly..as always.
3) fox would not have aired the interview if that text was not true. Martin obviously has serious issues, and needs to see a shrink. He is a big 315 pound baby.
4) martin's biggest piece of evidence, that text(the original one)..which by the way was taken completely out of context...as mentioned by Hartline , (they didn't include the last part of the message which says, "call me back"...
5) Martins lawyer is a BULLY! Quite obvious. He is a money sucking PIG! By pushing Martin to file a grievance, he has ruined his career as a football player.
6) this case is a joke....not just for the dolphins..but for the whole nfl!...the vulgar language and connotations used in the "nfl" locker room and on the "field...the nfl as we know it will be significantly damaged, unless this story goes away!
If you think that vulgar language is not used in ALL nfl Locker rooms and in all games...Plllllleeeeaaasseeee!!!
7)After hearing Ritchie's interview, the court of public opinion will switch immensely! martins attorney is an obvious baby!
Releasing texts that he wants the world to see...he is an imbecile...especially if his client texted back with the same sort of foul language and obscenities!Obviously true!

At the end of the day, it would be in the NFL's best interest to keep the investigation private...Whatever comes out will undoubtfully hurt the nfl brand...Whether you like it or not...the bad language and vulgar "workplace" is In ALL nfl teams and games!!!
The dolphins situation is what everyone is focussing on...But this will open up all kinds of cans of worms with other players on other teams!
I have no idea how this will turn out... But... I do know this.
We are better off not having Martin on our team.. He is not even a remotely good football player!
He sucks!
And he is probably doing this because he knows it!!
Our line is better off not having him! He is a human turnstile!
Watch and see how well we will run the ball tomorrow without Martin...
as for incognito...he is unfortunately a victim of martins attorney...the scape goat!
There are many more incognitos in the nfl!some are a little milder , and some crazier!
The dolphins did the right thing by suspending incognito...let the truth play out...unfortunately, he had to go....Martin screwed him...

Just my 2 cents!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 04:47PM by steviec13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Martin , Incognito Drama
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 10, 2013 05:09PM

I think Martin got home and mommy and daddy attorneys took over for him. Jon Martin is just along for the ride right now.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 10, 2013 05:22PM

Jonathan Martin is not much of a man.

Richie Incognito is a pitiful excuse for a human being, but Jonathan Martin is really no better.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 05:27PM

Agreed!
If that is the case, they sure did screw up his career... And made him the poster "bullied" boy of america...

If my parents did that to me, I would be pissed.
They pretty much ruined his career! And embarrassed him.

And...
The funniest part of the whole thing is that martins lawyer thinks that this will allow Martin to continue playing...are some teams gonna bring this cancer into the locker room?

If you were a GM ...would you? LOL!

Wake up bro!

Martin is a weak minded football player, with little talent!
The last thing any GM would want is to allow a snitch into their locker room!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 05:28PM by steviec13.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 10, 2013 06:18PM

Let's not get out of hand.

First, BOTH of them are without a future in the NFL.

Secondly, Martin has "little talent"? He was all-American at Stanford and although he played shakily when he played RT when Long was here, there were no complaints about his play when he was playing LT and Clabo was at RT.

Remember Clabo was the turnstile, not Martin.

It is still a mystery wrapped up in an enigma and a riddle as to what caused his meltdown.

Losing his favored position to McKinnie??????

Some relationship, buddies or otherwise, with Richie gone bad?

All we do here is type on the chatboard, so maybe we better be reluctant to call people wimps.

I'm 65 years old and I'm amazed at how you youngsters hide behind a chatboard and based on a few facts call people wimps behind the safety of a chatboard. You guys really think this is real. One guy even complained that I was screaming because I use all caps frequently. Weird, dudes. It's like you youngsters really hear SCREAMING when you read all caps.

You youngsters have no grip on the difference between real life and the chatboard and you become actors in the play (chatboard) when you discuss things.

I can see why bullies exist in the schools now, because you guys have taken the classic position of those afraid to stand up to bullies. You blame the kid who is being bullied.

In my day, if a bully tried to bully a kid, someone would step up and say a phrase that I'll bet not one of you has ever heard and that is "Why don't you pick on someone your own size."

I'd be a millionaire if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that growing up. That's what we did but you guys cower in fear.

No,,,,,you're the wimps. You're the softies.

I bet there's not a single one of you that would not run if you had to fight Jonathan Martin.

Now all that being said, I still don't think that bullying was involved.

Yes, I'm taking the Gay angle but as a theory and only because it explains the inexplicable.

Either that or he felt the COACHES humiliated him by making him shift to RT.

If that is true, as I posted before, he's an idiot because if it were me I would prefer to think that the coaches just thought I was more versatile than McKinnie.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 01:14AM

You're 65 hanging out on chatboards.

You're supposed to be enjoying your golden years yet you're posting with a bunch of "kids" on a dolphins chatboard.

glass houses and all.

Date: November 11, 2013 10:02AM

That's how much I love the dolphins.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 11:36AM

I would have to go with he is an idiot. YUP.

Date: November 11, 2013 12:27PM

Could be SamSam. That's as much as the Gay theory. It could have been that he was miffed at being shifted to RT and could not talk the coaches out of it and walked away.

His parents then told him that him walking away voided (maybe) his contract and so he'd better come up with a legal excuse.

He then complained of the locker room stuff to cover his tracks legally.

If this is true, then I hate him. I can stand up for a guy who being bullied but an idiot is something I cannot abide.

And of course, as much as I'm on Philbin's case, even I agreed with the move of shift Martin back to RT because McKinnie was new and although a vet, having him play a familiar position, (at first at least) makes more sense than having him 1) go to a NEW team and 2)playing a NEW position.

If this was what was at the bottom of it, then Martin is off my list.

And this theory is about 50/50 with the Gay theory because each of them explain as much.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 11, 2013 12:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could be SamSam. That's as much as the Gay
> theory. It could have been that he was miffed at
> being shifted to RT and could not talk the coaches
> out of it and walked away.
>
> His parents then told him that him walking away
> voided (maybe) his contract and so he'd better
> come up with a legal excuse.
>
> He then complained of the locker room stuff to
> cover his tracks legally.
>
> If this is true, then I hate him. I can stand up
> for a guy who being bullied but an idiot is
> something I cannot abide.
>
> And of course, as much as I'm on Philbin's case,
> even I agreed with the move of shift Martin back
> to RT because McKinnie was new and although a vet,
> having him play a familiar position, (at first at
> least) makes more sense than having him 1) go to a
> NEW team and 2)playing a NEW position.
>
> If this was what was at the bottom of it, then
> Martin is off my list.
>
> And this theory is about 50/50 with the Gay theory
> because each of them explain as much.

The thing is, there was a major problem on the offensive line. The only solution on the market was McKinnie. He has been in the league many moons, and all he has played is LT. No way, sometime in the future, would the Fins have plans to move him to RT. McKinnie would fold his tent and be done with the Fins.

Philbin, I am sure, felt that Martin was more versatile, having played both sides over the last couple of years. Thus, the move to RT.

The gay theory? Not even gonna go there, and besides that, what's the big deal? The only negative I can see if that's the case is if that is what led to this problem, then that is on Martin.

Date: November 11, 2013 12:43PM

That's the way I see the RT/LT thing, Cap. Even if it were to become permanent for what I see would be a short remaining career for McKinnie given his age.

Are you saying that Martin may have reacted that way because he saw it, and it likely was to be, permanent.

If so, what's the big deal? It was just to get us through this season. After this season, then who knows. Maybe we sign a guy who is better at RT and shift Jon back to LT.

It's just too stupid to go off the deep end over this position change.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 11, 2013 12:48PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> That's the way I see the RT/LT thing, Cap. Even
> if it were to become permanent for what I see
> would be a short remaining career for McKinnie
> given his age.
>
> Are you saying that Martin may have reacted that
> way because he saw it, and it likely was to be,
> permanent.
>
> If so, what's the big deal? It was just to get us
> through this season. After this season, then who
> knows. Maybe we sign a guy who is better at RT
> and shift Jon back to LT.
>
> It's just too stupid to go off the deep end over
> this position change.

Your point is one that I forgot to mention...McKinnies' NFL career is just about done; there won't be any position change for him. Besides, he is playing very well at LT.

No, I'm not saying Martin acted that way because of the shift in position. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am making absolutely no judgements about this case...I will wait until the final report comes out.

We all have theories, and everyday new evidence is coming out to where we have forced to changed our minds and look at it differently.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 11, 2013 01:50PM

captkoi Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Could be SamSam. That's as much as the Gay
> > theory. It could have been that he was miffed
> at
> > being shifted to RT and could not talk the
> coaches
> > out of it and walked away.
> >
> > His parents then told him that him walking away
> > voided (maybe) his contract and so he'd better
> > come up with a legal excuse.
> >
> > He then complained of the locker room stuff to
> > cover his tracks legally.
> >
> > If this is true, then I hate him. I can stand
> up
> > for a guy who being bullied but an idiot is
> > something I cannot abide.
> >
> > And of course, as much as I'm on Philbin's
> case,
> > even I agreed with the move of shift Martin
> back
> > to RT because McKinnie was new and although a
> vet,
> > having him play a familiar position, (at first
> at
> > least) makes more sense than having him 1) go to
> a
> > NEW team and 2)playing a NEW position.
> >
> > If this was what was at the bottom of it, then
> > Martin is off my list.
> >
> > And this theory is about 50/50 with the Gay
> theory
> > because each of them explain as much.
>
> ***********************************
>
> The thing is, there was a major problem on the
> offensive line. The only solution on the market
> was McKinnie. He has been in the league many
> moons, and all he has played is LT. No way,
> sometime in the future, would the Fins have plans
> to move him to RT. McKinnie would fold his tent
> and be done with the Fins.
>
> Philbin, I am sure, felt that Martin was more
> versatile, having played both sides over the last
> couple of years. Thus, the move to RT.
>

I think its even more simple than that Cap.

McKinnie has never played RT. He's been a LT his whole career. Martin played it last year.

Date: November 11, 2013 01:57PM

Of course, Cap, as you and I know and Truth got confused, the question we were discussing is the possibility that all of this was started BECAUSE OF the switch in positions. We both ALREADY KNEW that Martin was to be shifted to RT.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 02:03PM

jsm08 Wrote:
> You're 65 hanging out on chatboards.
>
> You're supposed to be enjoying your golden years
> yet you're posting with a bunch of "kids" on a
> dolphins chatboard.
>
> glass houses and all.

I think that makes him pretty cool and hip, not the opposite... One of the things I cherish most about this site is the interaction and conversation with guys who have a lot more experience in this thing called life then I do... I would say the avg age of the board is much more towards middle aged then kids.... This community is great because of the diversity and knowledge of its members... I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else because of it... There are some very smart people of all ages, occupations and geographical area, we are lucky...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 02:07PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 12, 2013 10:51AM

chren wasnt you that said martin was just ticked off they were going to move him to right tackle?

That might be the most logical explanation of all....

Maybe he is just a crybaby...I think he is acting like a little girl if this is true.

Date: November 12, 2013 11:42AM

more like acting like an idiot.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 01:38PM

"Secondly, Martin has "little talent"? He was all-American at Stanford and although he played shakily when he played RT when Long was here, there were no complaints about his play when he was playing LT and Clabo was at RT.
Remember Clabo was the turnstile, not Martin."

You must be joking. There is little correlation between college and the pros, as has been proven many, many times. There were many posts criticizing Martin's poor play on this board, both last year and this year. Martin was ALWAYS a turnstile, Clabo was worse, so he got the lion's share of the criticism - but certainly not all.

"I'm 65 years old and I'm amazed at how you youngsters hide behind a chatboard and based on a few facts call people wimps behind the safety of a chatboard. You guys really think this is real. One guy even complained that I was screaming because I use all caps frequently. Weird, dudes. It's like you youngsters really hear SCREAMING when you read all caps"

They do.

"I can see why bullies exist in the schools now,"

Bullying isn't a new phenomenon, and regardless of the noise being made now, it isn't going away any time soon. Whoever said "kids are cruel" was right.

"In my day, if a bully tried to bully a kid, someone would step up and say a phrase that I'll bet not one of you has ever heard and that is "Why don't you pick on someone your own size."

Hogwash.

Rick

Date: November 12, 2013 02:57PM

Well, if it's hogwash, then you must think that NOBODY WOULD BE THAT BRAVE. In my day, the overwhelming number of kids were. It's just hard to believe by you because you guys are all cowards.

Date: November 13, 2013 06:39AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> more like acting like an idiot.

IMHO both.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.