HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Joke of a Team that Ireland and Ross Have Made
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Joke of a Team that Ireland and Ross Have Made
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: November 09, 2013 11:49AM

This organization is a joke. This joke starts at the top and works its way down... Here is my take on the actors of this current mess, submitted to piss off all of you that are still hurting because - after all this time - it is beginning to look like I'm right.

Jonathan Martin -
Its hard to tell if his accusations are for real or just his exit strategy from the team. Ever player interviewed on the Dolphins has turned their back on him for good reason. He appears to be a soft and a head case. Even Ricky Williams is dumping legit criticism on the guy, which is a sad commentary unto itself. But Martin was arguably the best offensive lineman this team had. And listening to Martin's teammates from Stanford, it sounds as if they would all welcome him on their team. They all seem to think Martin is a smart, tough player, a good guy that can help him win. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on another NFL team (one with a Stanford dumbass tree alumn GM, Coach, or QB ), and if Martin continues to play he would become my most hated player in the NFL. Martin continuing his NFL career would be proof this "bully" crap was all just a ruse to get out of Miami, taking the team and players down in the process. Pretty sad that Martin's best PR case is that he ends up in a legit nut house with his career in ruins...

Richie Incognito -
He seems to be the most innocent guy in this mess, which says a lot because, by all accounts, Incognito is a giant A-Hole. The fact is, since graduating high school, (aside for three weeks with the Bills) Richie has been kicked off of every football team he was on for behavioral issues. This record hangs above the "Dirtiest Player" label. I get why he may thrive on some teams, because he seems like a mean, sociopathic SOB, which is a great guy to have on your football team. But there are plenty of GMs and coaches that say they wouldn't want him and avoided him at all cost. On the Dolphins Richie was eventually voted to be a veteran leader, and was defacto leader of the unit that requires the most teamwork on any football team. But as a leader his results stunk. Up until two weeks ago, the O-Line has never looked so dysfunctional on the field. And now, off the field, it seems to be one of the most dysfunctional units in the history of pro football. No way the front office or coaching staff should have allow Incognito to have this much status in the locker room. If they couldn't control him, they should have cut him. The front office did a disservice to itself and Incognito ordering Ritchie to "toughen up" Martin - essentially sticking their meanest dog on their own. I think Incognito honestly thought he was doing the right thing, exactly what he was asked to do. If he indeed went to far with Martin, it is not likely he realized it - that kind of empathy is not in Richie's blood. The one that ordered the "code red" on Martin is the true culprit here. Now Incognito is screwed and the Dolphins look as silly as they have ever looked. With Incognito's career likely over, society is now left with an unemployed, pissed-off, sociopathic millionaire on the streets. Thank you Miami Dolphins Front Office.

The players -
I have yet to read a single player that didn't have something good to say about Incognito. Likewise, the only positive thing I've heard about Martin as a teammate is that Mike Wallace considered him a "friend". The offensive line played like complete crap, and that unit alone is likely responsible for this team not being 6-2 or better. Martin was arguably the most talented player on the line. Ritchie was both the leader of the unit and a turnstile this year. Looking at all the player comments, I've got to wonder if the players on this team have a winning mentality. Richie may have seemed like a funny and fun guy, but as a player and a leader he wasn't getting it done. And if Incognito is the guy these players were looking up to, then I've got to wonder about this team's character. Looking at this team, and its defense of Incognito and shunning of Martin, and on one hand I get it - Incognito didn't turn on them and Martin did. But on the other hand, I'm thinking that a giant fester cancer in the locker room has been exposed, and by cancer I don't mean Incognito or Martin but the dynamic between the two. And this cancer was likely causing the guy who may be the best player on the unit to player under his potential with the leader of the unit clearly making things worse. And yet the players seem more concerned about the relationships they have with these players than winning. I would think that any player interested in winning would be glad to see both players gone, because as a unit the O-Line just wasn't getting it done. It wasn't a unit with a winning mentality, and this change can only make it better. But the team's attitude seems to be more skewed towards who they had the best time partying with on South Beach. Hopefully this team goes out Monday night with a huge chip on its shoulder and crushes the Bucs. But if not, it will just prove the complete lack of character and fortitude that has been assembled in Davie.

Joe Philbin -
All reports indicate that Joe Philbin knew nothing about the issues between Incognito and Martin. While that lets Philbin off the hook in one reguard, it is damning in anothers. In Philbin's defense, he acted swiftly and decisively when he found out what was going on. When a supposed team leader is willfully damaging the psyche of a young, talented player while his unit is in a tailspin, then disciplinary action is called for. Although Philbin did the right thing when he found out about this mess, the fact that the mess got this far begs many questions about Philbin's management of the team. Herm Edwards made the point that he would never have allowed a leadership council to become elected. His point is that a leadership council needs to be answerable to the coaches, not the players - that the coach needs to impose his will on the team through this council. Seems like a tactical error on Philbin's part. And then there is the question of why Martin chose to go to Ireland through his agent, and not directly to Philbin about this issue. Why did no one in the organization who Philbin is responsible to hire, the trainers, line coach, OC, let Philbin know what was going one? Finally, it appears that Philbin had no knowledge of the "code red" on Martin that Richy was asked to execute. It points to weak leadership from the head coaching position. You know that Shula, JJ, Saban, even Wanny would have all at least commanded the respect from their coaches and staff to know this was going on. It appears that Philbin is weak, that he is being undermined by his staff and perhaps even his superiors, and we are seeing the results.

Jeff Ireland -
The one guy in the Front Office that we KNOW knew there was a problem between the two o-linemen. The story is out there - Martin's agent spoke with Ireland about the situation with Incognito. In Ireland's typical lack of professionalism he said that Martin should punch Incognito. Weather or not you agree with Ireland's sentiment, the fact remains that this is not a GM's place to suggest that his employees resort to violence to resolve issues. First, it is completely unprofessional, but then we all know about Irelands professionalism with Dez Bryant. Second, it simply isn't legal - which shows a complete lack of judgment on Ireland's part since Martin's agent was likely a lawyer and also likely taping the conversion. Third it opens the door to liabily if such an altercation went wrong (consider Florida's stand your ground laws) Jeff Ireland simply doesn't get any of this, and yet he is RUNNING THE ORGANIZATION. Not only does Jeff do something that would get him fired and sued in most legit businesses (and it may still happen here), he also doesn't pass the information about Martin's problem along to Philbin. Why? Could it be that he ordered the "code red"? Can any of the Ireland lovers out there handle that truth?

Stephen Ross -
As an owner he as made the team into a joke. Since becoming owner, this team has been a collection of embarrassments, with a series of moves that have urinated on this team's fine history. First he replaces a great fight song with one of the nauseating tunes ever. He renames the stadium after rebranded Budwiser, then renames it again. He gets celebrity owners as if these celebrities, and not a winning football team, is what fans care about. Then he tries to hire another coach without first firing his current coach. Then he tries unsuccessfully to bilk the community for money for stadium upgrades. Then he changes the uniform to one of the dumbest feminine looking in the history of professional men's sports. Then he gives a man who many have called one of the worst GMs in the sport a three year contract extension based on the first three games of the season, after 4 consecutive losing seasons! And now, when the whole thing begins to really blow up, he admits he has no friggen clue what is going on and asks the NFL to investigate. We all know that the current NFL administration is a bunch of Cheatriot loving Dolphin haters.... how can this go well?!?!?

When I read that the problems is a lack of leadership, I agree. The problem start at the top. Stephen Ross - Worst Owner and Jeff Ireland - The Sorriest excuse for GM in the history of the NFL.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Joke of a Team that Ireland and Ross Have Made
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 09, 2013 03:18PM

Can't blame the owner other than for extended Ireland!

This happens every day in the NFL but got out of hand when Martin threatened to and may have filed a complaint and Incognito lost it, likely a knee jerk reaction to the thought his career and livelihood was being threatened by a guy who had participated in the hazing of others. Welcome to the workplace and employment law . If Martin documented notifying Philbin & Ireland they could be liable for not doing anything. Companies spend millions annually for such employee and manager training

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 09, 2013 05:36PM

I agree with the OP

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 09, 2013 07:51PM

Since this was more prevalent in my grandparent's day than mine (and I am 65), a little background is necessary. In the old days whorehouses, or Houses of Ill Repute, as they were called, usually had a piano player downstairs and if you climbed the stairs, the ladies were in the rooms upstairs.

Occasionally, when they were raided, the piano player professed to know nothing of what was going on upstairs.

Philbin's claim of lack of knowledge strikes me that way.

If appears false, but assuming he did not know, would you like your team to be led by someone who had the level of intelligence of a piano player in a whorehouse who TRULY did not know what was going on upstairs.

Date: November 09, 2013 09:21PM

Date: November 10, 2013 11:12AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What? Nothing Negative to say about Tannehill?
> First time for everything I guess.
>

Oh here is something about Tanny, just for you:

Ireland WILL get fired for this. He is the guy that asked Incognito to toughen up Martin, and he did it behind Philbins back. A few weeks ago, there was report an argument between Philbin and Ireland where Dolphins VP Dawn Aponte took Philbin's side. This argument was about Ireland meddling in the coaching of the team. This thing with Martin isn't the only time Ireland has been overstepping his authority.

The NFL investigation will place the majority of the blame on Ireland. Because of the crap Ireland's pulling behind the coaches back, Ross believes he made a mistake in extending Ireland and is trying to back out of Ireland's contract extension. That is what the NFL investigation was about - cause for dismissal. Ireland be fired within three weeks (when the NFL report is complete) with Aponte taking over as interim GM. Philbin will keep his job. You can take this to the bank - a Ghotirule special for anyone back in the day winking smiley

When Ireland is gone, someone without skin in the game will be evaluating all the players.

So son, ask yourself what a guy who didn't pick Tannehill in the first round, looking objectively at the QB situation, will see? Right now, he'll see a QB with only moderate numbers that can't hang onto the ball.

Unless your boy can figure out how to hang on to the football, he won't be long for this team.

BTW, it doesn't surprise me one bit that Incognito - a guy that has been kicked off of every team since graduating high school (except for those 3 weeks with the bill) - is your favorite player. I think everyone agrees that Incognito is a giant A-Hole. You and he seem to have a lot in common.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 11:16AM

Why don't you just sign in as Ghotirule? I have a lot more respect for that account, then the hiding you did behind this account... With what you pulled on this community, I would say you calling someone else an A-hole, is the Pot calling the kettle black...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 11:23AM by Crowder52.

Date: November 10, 2013 01:58PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Why don't you just sign in as Ghotirule? I have a
> lot more respect for that account, then the hiding
> you did behind this account... With what you
> pulled on this community, I would say you calling
> someone else an A-hole, is the Pot calling the
> kettle black...

What I pulled on the community? I didn't pull anything. I was just lazy and didn't want to reinstate my accout

The thing with Treasure was fun for a while, but it got old and I got busy. I gave myself up as Ghotirule becuase I wanted to point out why this board had dwindling posters: If the "community" allows some nucklhead bash new people with solid takes, brand them trolls and bash them incessently, then the board isn't going to get a lot of new people with smart takes. You can take that as a bad thing or not.

Your comment doesn't surprise me, neither does the timing of Treasure coming back from his exile. But the fact is, my take stands - Ireland is a lousy GM and Tannehill was a mistake as a top ten pick. In my opinion, Ireland's tenure went about two years too long.

It seems about 75% the board has fianlly come around to this, and the other 24% may be there by the end of the season. Really the only person I see carrying a torch for this era in Phins football will be Treasure, with his #68 jersey, going all Incognito on everyone that points out what an abysmal failure Ireland was as a GM.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 10, 2013 02:36PM

Date: November 10, 2013 02:53PM

Date: November 10, 2013 02:54PM

Hey, DolfanKing, why pick on Treasure? Richie was my favorite player too and still is unless I hear something to convince me it should be otherwise. I also defend Martin against charges he's too soft.

maybe soft in the head but I have my own theory which was posted otherwise.

But, if you are truly Ghotirule, do you still think I tried to actually kill you or that I threatened your life?

Please say yes so I can amuse the readers with this story again.

Date: November 10, 2013 03:01PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey, DolfanKing, why pick on Treasure? Richie was
> my favorite player too and still is unless I hear
> something to convince me it should be otherwise.
> I also defend Martin against charges he's too
> soft.
>
> maybe soft in the head but I have my own theory
> which was posted otherwise.
>
> But, if you are truly Ghotirule, do you still
> think I tried to actually kill you or that I
> threatened your life?
>
> Please say yes so I can amuse the readers with
> this story again.

LOL! Chyren, you really are a Treasure.

I thought you were "representing" Martin in this case or something like that. Oh wait, you really aren't a lawyer or a judge, are you.

Date: November 10, 2013 03:06PM

Sorry folks, I've dropped all the knowledge I feel like for now. Seems like people once again want to make this thread about me.

But I promise to come back again and say I told you so again when Ireland is gone and Philbin and Aponte are running this team. It will probabaly will be a good thing too, as long as the owner stays out of it.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 10, 2013 03:42PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> Sorry folks, I've dropped all the knowledge I feel
> like for now. Seems like people once again want
> to make this thread about me.
>
> But I promise to come back again and say I told
> you so again when Ireland is gone and Philbin and
> Aponte are running this team. It will probabaly
> will be a good thing too, as long as the owner
> stays out of it.

What a drama queen

Date: November 10, 2013 03:53PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 02:45AM

So Ghoti is from California, your IP address is Cali, but didn't you lie to us all and tell us you live in Maryland? Was that just being lazy? I am sure you have another BS excuse for another BS lie out of your mouth... Who wants to waste their time communicating with a liar about anything meaningful? It is pointless, so posting under DolfanKing is pointless...

I never gave you a hard time on this site until, it was found out you are nothing more then a sad pathetic liar.... You are a punk, you chose your own route by making this not about the Dolphins by the actions you pulled, as Berk said, nothing more then a bitch ass drama queen.... and my guess, you are just looking for more drama, nothing of meaning or substance.... so go crawl back under the rock you came from....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 02:53AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 03:24AM

Dont worry in a year or some will be SB champs, the rise from the ashes story the media loves. It will read something like:

From turmoil to greatness, how the human spirit overcomes.

It's what we needed. It's our own little hurricane. Watch and learn.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 11, 2013 05:26AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------…….
This is not a Dolphins
> topic,……

which is why it's being closed.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.