HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ireland Will Get Fired
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ireland Will Get Fired
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 07, 2013 02:34AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ireland Will Get Fired
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 07, 2013 03:42AM

Unprofessional.

This franchise is in such disarray to a point that as a fan I feel totally disgusted for being one. Sad to say it but a total house cleaning is probably the only thing that could help it's image and it should start from the top.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 03:48AM

So chren was right all along....

Ireland needs to go.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 03:59AM

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! BYE BYE IRELAND. One way to get rid of him smiling smiley. Lets get a real GM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 04:00AM

the source was martin's agent.

i'm tired of stories from "sources"

I like hearing the players reaction and comments. they speak volume to the situation.

martin sounds like he was looking for a way out and instead of manning up and retiring or walking away from football he concocted this bullying story. it makes sense because it fits the national narrative on bullying and racism.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 07, 2013 04:07AM

I place little validity on anything that comes from Martin's representatives or his agent.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 04:19AM

If Ireland gets fired, it will be the only positive thing that's come out of this mess. What gets me is the media frenzy that's going on about this. It's literally on every news channel on tv and radio. Look, I'd be the first to admit that if Incognito was harassing Martin or threatening violence against him, he should be banned from the league. As more facts come in, I'm becoming more and more skeptical of Martin's motives, but that's beside the point. The media firestorm, however, is nothing short of preposterous. Seriously, no one died. No one was physically beaten. No one cheated in a game (cough.. New England). I honestly think I saw less coverage of Aaron Hernandez' arrest for murder. Seriously, the press finds this story more newsworthy than a player who is likely guilty of multiple murders? I'm not saying it's wrong to report on it, but to treat it like it's a world changing event is positively asinine. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though. The media spends more time reporting on Lindsay Lohen's latest brush with the law than stories of major significance to the world.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 07, 2013 07:09AM

New GM's usually want their own coaches that they hired.......new coaches usually want to run their own systems........new systems usually need new players that fit those "systems".......be careful what you wish for guys. Not saying Ireland getting fired would be a bad thing, but, to do it right, you have to blow up the whole damn thing.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 07, 2013 08:03AM

yeah what if we end up with Brian Gaine as the new GM with Mike Sherman as the interim HC. Yikes!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 08:14AM

If Ross wants to sell tickets and mend fences with the fans, he would have to do more than elevate from within. Personally, I think the jury is in on Ireland and the verdict is "he stinks." I'd spend as much time as it takes to do a thorough search for a competent GM. They're out there but until we cut ties with our glorified ball boy GM, nothing will change.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 07, 2013 08:27AM

I'm standing back watching this sordid mess unfold.

If Ireland is dismissed that will be a step in the right direction.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2013 09:18AM

Sigh!

Why are people on this board (and elsewhere) jumping at anything and everything they are reading or hearing?

This....IF TRUE.....That....IF TRUE.....

Geez, let the investigator do his job then let's see what happens when it is finally finished.

If heads need to be rolled, then so be it; but until then, take it for a grain of salt.

Date: November 07, 2013 09:36AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sigh!
>
> Why are people on this board (and elsewhere)
> jumping at anything and everything they are
> reading or hearing?
>
> This....IF TRUE.....That....IF TRUE.....
>
> Geez, let the investigator do his job then let's
> see what happens when it is finally finished.
>
> If heads need to be rolled, then so be it; but
> until then, take it for a grain of salt.

Because thats the job of us fans. To talk $h!T. Everybody does it!

Tell the perfect one to step up and throw the first stone. Nobody is moving.

Date: November 07, 2013 09:45AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> captkoi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sigh!
> >
> > Why are people on this board (and elsewhere)
> > jumping at anything and everything they are
> > reading or hearing?
> >
> > This....IF TRUE.....That....IF TRUE.....
> >
> > Geez, let the investigator do his job then
> let's
> > see what happens when it is finally finished.
> >
> > If heads need to be rolled, then so be it; but
> > until then, take it for a grain of salt.
>
>
> Because thats the job of us fans. To talk $h!T.
> Everybody does it!
>
>
> Tell the perfect one to step up and throw the
> first stone. Nobody is moving.

Sorry, you lost me, Sam. Perfect one?

Date: November 07, 2013 09:54AM

just messing around capkoi.

Remember tell the one without sins to throw the first stone. LOL

Date: November 07, 2013 09:57AM

Oh, OK, gotcha ya.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 07, 2013 10:10AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> So chren was right all along....
>
>
> Ireland needs to go.

First remember to be skeptical of this account because it seems weird that a player would have that kind of access to the GM.

If true, however, it could be because his lawyer parents (and hey everybody watch it! My sons are the product of lawyer parents too!!!) told him to go to the top or that if Philbin has allowed this to go on then it's a waste of time going to him but all of this is just theory.

But SamSam, I've changed....or at least I think now that there is a higher priority to firing Philbin.

The poor guy (Ireland) is not only responsible for getting the best talent (AND THAT IS A YEAR ROUND JOB SCOUTING THE COLLEGES AND OTHER GM RESPONSIBILITIES) AND now has to be responsible for the day to day going ons at the team sites??????????????

Yeah, Fireland but for entirely different reasons.

Now we should Phireblin!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 07, 2013 10:20AM

Adam Beasley ?@AdamHBeasley 19m Hey @DarrenHeitner. @ProFootballTalk amended their story to say the punch advice came AFTER, not before Martin left the team.

Could totally change the context of that conversation.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 09, 2013 11:15AM

I just heard and interesting perspective on what Ireland supposedly said to Martin's agent from my boy Channing Crowder on radio...

He said it is being portrayed, that Smith called up Ireland and said Incgonito is bullying Martin and he can't take it... And Ireland just responded, he should "PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE"....

But what if Ireland really said, look, I can go down and talk to the guys, but if I do, players are going to lose all respect for Martin and probably just make it worse... I think the best way to handle it long term for Martin and his career is to confront Richie physically next time Martin doesn't like what is being said.... It will help your player much more.... Then if I were to go about it the other way... I can do it but you will have better results for you client if you do it this way IMO...

As Crowder said, Context is everything and the way it is being reported doesn't sound legit, He said you can report things, to make them look however you want to best suit your position..

And remember Crowder hates Ireland, so he has no reason to stick up for him...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 11:16AM by Crowder52.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.