Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This thing is sooo overblown it's pathetic!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This thing is sooo overblown it's pathetic!
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 06, 2013 03:42PM

This is what happens in a slow media cycle.

It sucks that Ireland drafted such an unstable Baby Huey to play w the likes of Incognito.
There was no "Bullying" or "extortion" being done that wasn't completely in line with the NFL culture and practiced throughout.
We all know that Incog believes in the "Band of Brothers" mentality within the o-line unit. Getting Martin to go to Vegas with the rest of the guys was an attempt to bond with him. When Martin refused to go, Incog told him he was still paying anyway, in an attempt to coheres him to go. Didn't work.
Bottom line...bad fit for a unit that prides itself on being tough and nasty. A guy snaps because the game and culture is way over his head. That's on Ireland.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This thing is sooo overblown it's pathetic!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 06, 2013 04:09PM

So the racial slurs are ok? Threatening his family? How about stealing Tanny's credit card to buy the other O-Linemen JetSkis and feeling like he deserved it?

Seriously, you find this ok? Guess it's good I don't work with you.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 06, 2013 04:25PM

martin laughed with teammates over the VM messages. I seriously doubt that the "threat" to his family was real---it was in the same VM Martin was laughing about and never complained about for months till after he quit the team and his paycheck was at risk. I don't know anything about stealing RTs card but if RT isn't bitching about it why do you care?

none of this bothers me at all, Monty. why does it bug you so much if no one on the team seems to care?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 06, 2013 04:54PM

Happens all the time in the workforce. Employees are involved in gags and love it , until one has it happens to them and they get their panties in a bunch and can bring the house down and cost people their Jobs. Could cost incognito & coaches their jobs or the Phins a lot of $. Seemed to be extreme but if Martin didn't takes things seriously and laughed and joked that needs to come out in interviews

Will let teams know what they can or can't get away with

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 12:57AM

martin grew up a spoiled brat and this is how they act when they get into a bad situation.

instead of sucking it up his rich lawyer mommy is playing it up with the narratives of the day...racism and bullying.

she new it would become a media driven circus and has worked so far but now that the players are talking his story seems to be falling apart.

he got pranked in the lunch room. everyone got up when he sat down and poor johnny got his feelings hurt and threw a tantrum.

you don't need pu$$ies like that in the lockerroom. this team will be better without him.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 07, 2013 04:39AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> martin laughed with teammates over the VM
> messages. I seriously doubt that the "threat" to
> his family was real---it was in the same VM Martin
> was laughing about and never complained about for
>

The threat wasn't real. That's why you haven't heard the vm. They don't want context. They don't want you to hear the tone of his voice.

If the reports today that the earlier ESPN report from Adam Schefter left off the ending of the vm are accurate then Ireland and Philbin shouldn't be the only ones losing their jobs.

If incognito with "Ok....Call me." as has been reported it changes the entire tone of that transcript.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 07, 2013 05:05AM

I said this in an earlier post, the media coverage of this thing is so overly exaggerated, it's preposterous. At the end of the day, no one died, no one was physically attacked. Is it newsworthy to some degree, sure. Is it something that should be on every news channel and radio talk show (even the non sports ones), I'd have to give that a big no. It's hard to take the media serious anymore. We used to have Walter Cronkite. Now we have Perez Hilton. Sad really.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 07, 2013 07:03AM

It is ridiculous. Two hours straight coverage on NFLN last night (around the league) and then every other topic on Total Access.

It all stems from one word and we all know what it is. Richie was dumb for using it but at least it wasn't said in a viscious way like Riley Cooper....he never got suspended!

If management is passing the blame and lying then they are the biggest pussies involved in this matter and deserve to be fired.

This is unfolding to make Martin look like a complete head case.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2013 09:31AM

montequi Wrote:
> So the racial slurs are ok? Threatening his
> family? How about stealing Tanny's credit card to
> buy the other O-Linemen JetSkis and feeling like
> he deserved it?
>
> Seriously, you find this ok? Guess it's good I
> don't work with you.

Racial slur - very wrong! But....the whole damn league does it, black on black and white on black (if that guy is accepted in that circle, as Incognito was), and even black on white. Get EVERYONE to stop doing it. It is even at the elementary school level.

BTW, it has been reported that the last line of Incognito's voice msg was not brought out to the public until just recently. It basically said for Martin to call him back.

If....and I say if....Incognito's and Martin's relationship was a good one, then everyone is taking that message out of context. Supposedly, Martin played it for the guys in the locker room and laughed about it.

I have yet to hear Tanny say anything about Cog stealing his credit card. RT had plenty of opportunity to voice that during interviews yesterday.

As I have been saying, take everything with a grain of salt and wait for the investigation to finish and get submitted to the league, then we should possibly know what really happened. But, on the other hand, remember the Warren Commission's report on JFK's assassination. thumbs down

Date: November 08, 2013 03:05AM

This out of control frat boy has to go! Now we find out something else has been swept under the rug by the Dolphins....sexual assault/harrassment by a drunken Incognito AT A CHARITY EVENT. This guy does not deserve the money he makes in the NFL. He needs to go work as a bouncer.

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 03:07AM by eesti.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2013 03:52AM

Date: November 08, 2013 04:00AM

Date: November 08, 2013 04:16AM

What the hell is a CC?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 08, 2013 04:41AM

LOL samsam, on both poststhumbs up

Date: November 08, 2013 04:52AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> LOL samsam, on both poststhumbs up

smileys with beer

Date: November 08, 2013 04:56AM

eesti Wrote:
> What the hell is a CC?

Eesti pronounce both letters one after the other and hear wht it says.

Date: November 08, 2013 04:57AM

Cubic Centimeter? Credit Card? I have no idea.

Date: November 08, 2013 05:11AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 08, 2013 05:11AM

Sissy?

Date: November 08, 2013 05:19AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Sissy?

right!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 08, 2013 12:50PM

eesti Wrote:
> This out of control frat boy has to go! Now we
> find out something else has been swept under the
> rug by the Dolphins....sexual assault/harrassment
> by a drunken Incognito AT A CHARITY EVENT. This
> guy does not deserve the money he makes in the
> NFL. He needs to go work as a bouncer.

Eesti, thus far, not much has come out, as far as facts.

Why are you so willing to hang Incognito before getting the full story?

Incog held OL meetings at a strip club...damn, throw his ass in jail. What a Neanderthal!

What about all the GOOD stuff that has come out concerning Incog? Just gonna sweep that under the rug and keep the unproven, minor things as FACT?

I'm not gonna sit here and judge ANYONE on the Dolphins. I prefer to wait until the official NFL investigation is completed and released to the public. Martin's lawyer? I'll take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Date: November 09, 2013 09:53PM

montequi Wrote:
> So the racial slurs are ok? Threatening his
> family? How about stealing Tanny's credit card to
> buy the other O-Linemen JetSkis and feeling like
> he deserved it?
>
> Seriously, you find this ok? Guess it's good I
> don't work with you.

This is the NFL. You need a huge pair to play here and your EARN respect. Its not given. This Jet skis might have cost $20 grand at most. This is the bigtime. Tannehill made that money up on his first endorsement check. Tannehill had nothing but good things to say about Iggy. These are all things that you need to be there to understand. Never should have been made public.

I'm OK with it , because his teammates are all OK with it. WTF are you to be outraged by this? Everyone sitting around and judging do not have a clue.

J Martin needs to just go on Oprah and Ellen and all the other talk shows where the women hang and have a good cry and leave the NFL for the men.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.