HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The much ma-LINE-ed Line
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The much ma-LINE-ed Line
Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 01, 2013 05:39AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The much ma-LINE-ed Line
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 01, 2013 06:05AM

The O-line survived last night. Garner filled in for Incognito and did fine. The line is still not up to par in pass protection (pass blocking). They are better run blocking. However, not having a Lou Polite type big back to get those tough two yards on 3rd down is a deficiency. Daniel Thomas is not the tough bruiser we need for those situations. Perhaps we need to use a big line man a la William Perry to bull doze for two yards.

The O-line must get better. This must be addressed in post season with either FAs or good drafting.

BTW, Clabo did an acceptable job last night. Good for him. thumbs up

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 01, 2013 08:26AM

Could not convert 3rd and a foot when it counted....still need work.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 01, 2013 08:45AM

The line still has issues.

Tannehill made some nice throws in the last 2 drives.

This team needs some leaders and to pull together, hazing is for training camp cut the crap and grow up when the season starts

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 01, 2013 09:06AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could not convert 3rd and a foot when it
> counted....still need work.

Not 3rd and a foot WHEN THE RUNNING BACK RECEIVES THE BALL FIVE YARDS behind the line of scrimmage. No matter what the stats say, you are making that 3rd and 5.

Date: November 01, 2013 09:11AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 01, 2013 09:42AM

eesti Wrote:
> Could not convert 3rd and a foot when it
> counted....still need work.

Yea, well like I say, they aren't gonna line up and just OVERPOWER a stacked LOS when the whole place knows we are running right up the middle. ESPECIALLY when we make the hand off 5 yards deep eye rolling smiley... But they zone run block damn well. Like Tannehill, I think the coaching/play calling is NOT playing to their strengths and is often times exposing their weaknesses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 09:43AM by KB.

Date: November 01, 2013 09:54AM

The playcalling is brain dead. They should be asking themselves what to do in THIS GAME at THIS MOMENT given THIS opposition team the way THAT TEAM has been playing THIS DAY.

Instead, I sincerely think that the coaches call the plays that they would call if they were being given a written test APPLICABLE TO A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION.

However good coaches don't do that. Only bad or even more appropriately out right incompetent coaches do that. You don't run plays in the ABSTRACT.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 01, 2013 10:02AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Could not convert 3rd and a foot when it
> > counted....still need work.
>
>
> Not 3rd and a foot WHEN THE RUNNING BACK RECEIVES
> THE BALL FIVE YARDS behind the line of scrimmage.
> No matter what the stats say, you are making that
> 3rd and 5.

How would you suggest we run the ball then? Have the RB direct snap?

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 01, 2013 10:10AM

The Fins played well, overall.

The D still can't stop any 3rd and longs. Still having a problem tackling. Opposing receivers still too open. Wake finally got back to doing his thing. Soliai MUST be resigned for next season. Yeah, Odrick and Starks put more pressure on the QB, but Soliai clogs up the middle to allow the rest of the team to do it's thing.

Yes, the offensive line played well (uh, Philbin...did you notice that by putting Garner and Yeatman (reserves) in there that it didn't hurt the line's overall performance?)

True, the Fins didn't have Incognito (for the majority of the game) and Martin, but the Bengals lost Atkins and were without Maualuga, which meant the interior of the defense was soft. The same with NE last week. Coincidence that Miami's rushing attack was working?

No turnovers by RT.

I, for one, am pleased (and shocked) by Miami being able to pull this game out. They gave the Bengals plenty of opportunities to take the game, but the Bengals refused to take the bait. Too many Bengals dropped passes that could have made a difference in the outcome. However, this is only one game. Let's see how they play from here on out. TB hasn't won a game, yet...I don't care; what ever team Miami plays I am nervous because I just do not trust them to do the right thing consistently to win games. I believe all their victories this season have been about 4 points or less? Not good when they face the "good" teams.

For one week, at least, we can all relax.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 01, 2013 10:20AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
>
> And Colonel when I groaned about us letting him,
> Lousaka Polite, go, I got the usual "we don't need
> him" that people on this board make whenever we
> let some player go.
>
> As I remember their argument was that he didn't
> make that many yards when you looked at his stats,
>

No, the argument was that he 'lost it' during his final year with us.

I groaned too when Polite got let go…Larry Csonka is my favorite player of all time so I love dependable short yardage guys. But Lou's stats were down *during his final year* with us. Then the Pats signed him, he did nothing for them….then Atlanta signed him, and he did nothing for them. He's now done with the NFL. So it seems like his production tailed off.

That doesn't excuse us from not getting someone to take his place. I thought that someone was going to be Jorvorskie Lane but he didn't have a great year and is also out of the league.

Date: November 01, 2013 12:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.