HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gibson likely out for year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Gibson likely out for year
Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gibson likely out for year
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:31PM

I sure hope this isn't true. sad smiley

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:35PM

I heard torn Patella, he's done. Time to use Matthews, he has the best hands. Will need to consider Hakim Nicks or some other WR via trade. Should have signed Stephen Williams when Seattle dropped him. Wonder who they will release when they bring Harvin back?

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:22PM

Fits our luck perfectly. if it weren't for that $80 million decoy #11 maybe we could go get somebody...

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:25PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard torn Patella, he's done. Time to use
> Matthews, he has the best hands. Will need to
> consider Hakim Nicks or some other WR via trade.
> Should have signed Stephen Williams when Seattle
> dropped him. Wonder who they will release when
> they bring Harvin back?

Sure...Can Nicks pass block? Cause he's not catching all that many passes here in NY.

Oh...and btw... we COULDN'T sign Williams. He was claimed off waivers by Jacksonville.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:27PM

He wouldn't be a decoy if the O-Line gave RT and Wallace enough time for deeper routes to develop.

Wallace is fast but 2.4 seconds to get open deep (or even on a mid route) simply isn't long enough...and its $60 million.

Gibson being out will hurt...because he was just getting some chemestry with RT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 01:29PM by Ken.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:35PM

Ken Wrote:
> He wouldn't be a decoy if the O-Line gave RT and
> Wallace enough time for deeper routes to develop.
>
> Wallace is fast but 2.4 seconds to get open deep
> (or even on a mid route) simply isn't long
> enough...and its $60 million.
>
> Gibson being out will hurt...because he was just
> getting some chemestry with RT.

Oh only 60 mil...WHEW i feel better...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 27, 2013 04:07PM

Speaking of which, we need TO THROW MORE PASSES TO HARTLINE.

The reason that Wallace is not as effective as he could be is that he is receiving TOO MUCH ATTENTION.

You keep WEARING THEM OUT time and time and time and time again with completions to Hartline and you'll see more passes opening up to Wallace.

But when you keep trying to FORCE PASSES to Wallace as covered as he is, then you don't get the completions.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 27, 2013 06:09PM

Ryan Spadola will make our roster, and play very well for this sorry ass team. Former Ivy league player that has good hands, and speed. Too bad he's going too play for a pathetic franchise with a sacred biatch for a QB.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 28, 2013 03:54AM

Tannehill just does not scan the field for the open guy. really aggrivating.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 28, 2013 04:18AM

KB Wrote:
> Fits our luck perfectly. if it weren't for that
> $80 million decoy #11 maybe we could go get
> somebody...

thumbs up Ain't that the f*cking truth!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 08:25AM

this just makes Ireland's moronic decision to carry only 4 WRs even more eggregious. I complained about it at the time. He thought we could smuggle McNutt and Timms on the P squad but they are gone. Now we got nothing except that Jets scrub we just signed to our P squad, or maybe bums like Antony Armstrong or that crappy player we signed and then cut a week later (after signing and cutting him repeatedly in prior years)---what was his name again?
McNutt should've made the 53.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:19AM

Wide receiver and how many we kept on the roster pales in comparison to this historically bad offensive line. Every single one of them stinks. If any of them had an ounce of integrity, they'd refuse to take their paychecks. You know what makes it even worse? If Ross keeps Ireland, it won't get a bit better. That's what we get for putting a former ball boy in charge of an NFL franchise. Another little gem we can thank Parcells for.

Date: October 28, 2013 09:48AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:53AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Fins72 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> If Ross keeps Ireland, it
> > won't get a bit better.
>
> Your capitals, not mine, my bold though but if?
> Didn't he just get an extension last week?

What difference does that make?, if things don't change, I'm sure Ross would have no problem eating that contract and firing him, just like he did Sparano

Date: October 28, 2013 09:58AM

Okay but that question seemed to imply that the author was unaware of the recent extension.

Do you holic, know for a fact that Fins72 is aware of the extension?

Date: October 28, 2013 10:15AM

Yes, I know about the extension. That said, if I were Ross, I would be putting together a short list of replacements because Ireland would be toast the second the season ended.

Date: October 28, 2013 10:24AM

how ross became a billionaire is beyond me. he's gonna can Ireland (if we miss the playoffs he will really have no choice) just like he did Sporano, in both instances less than 12 months after giving them contract extensions. whata fool.

Date: October 28, 2013 10:55AM

He's like a drunken sailor. Has no clue how he's spending his money.

On second thought, I apologize to drunken sailors everywhere.

Date: October 28, 2013 11:13AM

Hey, if it gets Ireland fired, I'll buy his first round of drinks. When you consider all the money we had to spend, and all of the draft picks, to put the kind of crap he's put on the field is a disgrace and a true testament to his utter incompetence. And speaking of drunken sailors, we'd be better off with 5 drunken sailors on the offensive line.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 28, 2013 11:44AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Hey, if it gets Ireland fired, I'll buy his first
> round of drinks. When you consider all the money
> we had to spend, and all of the draft picks, to
> put the kind of crap he's put on the field is a
> disgrace and a true testament to his utter
> incompetence. And speaking of drunken sailors,
> we'd be better off with 5 drunken sailors on the
> offensive line.

As has been said (on this board) numerous times, many of our former players are playing very well for other teams. Is that on Ireland?

Just asking.

Date: October 28, 2013 01:25PM

Also, let me ask you guys, how much input do you think a coach has in a draft.

What if the coach says, "hey, I really need a cornerback bad or I really need a tackle bad."

Can you blame the GM for that?

Date: October 29, 2013 04:20AM

Since Ireland came to Miami with Parcells, they/he have drafted a total of one player that's made any pro bowl while on Miami or any other team (Jake Long who made all pro in large part because of his status as the #1 overall pick). If what everyone says is true that championships are based in large part by how well a team drafts, Ireland is clearly a big failure. We need a GM that can find players that are difference makers. Ireland at his best will find above average players like Hartline and Reshad Jones, while at his worst will waste picks on players like A.J. Eds and Clyde Gates. Get a GM that knows how to draft effectively, and the coaching will suddenly seem a whole lot better. Personally, I don't care if Philbin stays or goes. But with Ireland in charge of personnel, it's like asking Jeff Gordon to win a race while driving a minivan. Actually with the way our offensive line is playing, a more apt comparison would be Jeff Gordon trying to win a race while driving a unicycle. Find a bright GM and let him decide who should coach, Philbin or someone else. This mess doesn't get fixed until someone is in charge of football personnel decisions that has a clue. Based upon the last 5 years, it seems quite evident that Ireland is not that guy. Ross needs to make a sound business decision and fire the man who was the architect of this crap fest that's been inflicted on the fans this year and give the fans some hope that things will change for the better. It's getting harder and harder to stomach the crap that's been dished out to the fans by this organization.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 29, 2013 04:29AM

i want either sherman gone or tannehill benched. one of those needs to be done.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 29, 2013 06:14AM

Tannehill should not be benched...he needs the reps for the remainder of the season. If he has shown no improvement by end of year, THEN it'd be time to think about shopping him around during the offseason and look for another QB in the draft, while still leaving him as contender to *earn* the starting spot next year if he's still around

Sherman has less potential than Tannehill so he's on the short leash IMO. There's probably too much of a comfort zone between those two. I think Sherman is the one whose job should be in danger, barring remarkable turnaround starting thurs.

Date: October 29, 2013 09:38AM

those of you who are calling for benching RT. to what end? matt Moore is clearly not our QB of the future--no one is winning anything with him. RT has shown flashes he can be a franchise guy, and flashes he cannot. We need to play him as much as possible to find out for sure. Benching him would be the worst mistake this team could make. I don't get this logic at all.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 29, 2013 10:07AM

Hmmm.

Food for thought.

Would there be any difference if Mike Sherman was the HC instead of Joe Philbin (meaning Philbin is out). Would Sherman run a different more creative playbook than what is being used right now? Would the 0-Line block any better? Would the Secondary cover better, intercept more balls, create more turnovers? Hard to say, huh.

Date: October 29, 2013 10:15AM

I'm the one who coined the phrase "FIRELAND!"

But give the devil his due, Mike Pouncey, Jonathan Martin, Ryan Tannehill, Jake Long, sure there have been later round busts but to lay the sorry performance on him???? There have also been trades I have criticized and people he let walk, Vontae Davis, allowing New England to wrestle Wes Welker from us.

But the bottom line is that game time performances are on the coach.

Let me ask you a question, who is the blame for the "scheme" being run wherein Ryan Tannehill is asked to be Peyton Manning when Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, and RGIII, more akin to his skills, are tearing up the league? The bald headed MF who had 20 jobs as an underling coach and is finally a HEAD coach and is drunk with power!

Date: October 29, 2013 11:50AM

I'm not sure with all his problems with fumbles, that you want Tannehill running the ball all that much. I'd ask the question, is it the scheme that's the problem or the ineptitude of the offensive line? If the offensive line is the bigger problem (which is what I firmly believe) than that's on Ireland. I'd love to see how Tannehill would perform if he had more than a second and a half to survey the field. There were times last Sunday where Tom Brady could have read a book in the amount of time he had to throw the ball. Honestly, when's the last time we've seen Tannehill have that amount of time? I'm guessing that if Philbin was coaching the Broncos or Seahawks, he'd seem like a much better coach. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't care if Philbin is canned or not. But anyone that says that the Dolphins have the level of talent on the roster to win a championship is fooling themselves. Ireland has had 5 years to build this roster and we'll be lucky to finish .500 this year. Not good enough. Not near good enough.

Date: October 29, 2013 12:57PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.