HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:52PM

Matt Moore isn't the future. Tannehill might be. However, due to circumstances, he got thrown in as a starter in his rookie year, and the plan had been to have him learn on the sidelines from vets. He never got that chance, and while he certainly has learned much, he can't learn anything on his back. I think he still needs to get some things into perspective, like being able to adequately perform a job that he was handed originally by default.

Also, I'm not a Redskins fan and I don't know enough about that situation to have an opinion, and I don't really care.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 28, 2013 04:00AM

Moore would still have 5-6 good years in the league. ill take that.

Tannehill just looks horrible to me.

The play calling is bad also.

Would LOVE to see Moore run this offense, but it will NEVER happen with this coaching staff.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 04:32AM

everybody loves the backup until he plays and shows why he's the backup.

"Let's see what Huard can do"

"Ray Lucas can't be worse!"

"Give Rosenfels a chance"

"John Beck!"

"Cleo Cleo Cleo"

Date: October 28, 2013 08:19AM

that is a good comment, except Moore was what 6-3 as the starter when he took over the same losing team

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 08:51AM

" except Moore was what 6-3 as the starter when he took over the same losing team"

Correct- so, that stat says that Moore has a winning percentage of .666. Can Tannehill top-or even match- that? Of course not, he's 10 and 13 since he got here-under .500.

Rick

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:10AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He holds on to the ball too long-when he needs to
> step it up, he caves-he hasn't played a complete
> game this year- he turns it over too much- he has
> no pocket awareness-he's not accurate. In the
> second half, the rest of the team still looked OK,
> but his instead of bracing up his team, he fell
> apart and led the downward spiral. He's NOT
> getting it done, and I don't see where a player
> who is NOT getting it done should be spared being
> benched just because he's young. The idea that a
> benching could "break his spirit" doesn't hold
> water- he's supposed to be a pro, he gets paid to
> do a job that he's not doing well. Maybe a
> benching would be good for him, scare him a
> little. I'm sick of him unravelling.
> Yes, the refs were terrible- but they just helped
> the collapse along.

I'm not gonna argue with you because this seems to be the prevailing theme (by quite a few board posters) concerning RT.

It's odd that fans are picking one area to complain about and demand replacement, when the whole team, including coaches, are not getting the job done. RT is just part of the problem. Yeah, yeah, I know, he is the QB and the guy who always has the ball in his hands. But, that is a weak argument for what is going on with the Fins.

So, I'm not going to really comment on RT anymore after this post (concerning benching him, he sucks, he should be replaced, etc...).

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:24AM

and I also think matt moore finished 4-0 with a really bad panthers team.

that propelled him into the starters role the following year. it didn't work out so well.

when you come off the bench and have nothing to lose it's a different animal. mistake? who cares....it's the backup.

i'd rather give up on mike Sherman than tannehill.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:27AM

quote: i'd rather give up on mike Sherman than tannehill.

Me too.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:30AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not gonna argue with you because this seems to
> be the prevailing theme (by quite a few board
> posters) concerning RT.
>
> It's odd that fans are picking one area to
> complain about and demand replacement, when the
> whole team, including coaches, are not getting the
> job done. RT is just part of the problem.

Great point, Cap, which is why I'm not calling for Tanny's head.

Difficult to know what he would be PARTICULARLY, as long as we try to FORCE HIM into the mold of Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck instead of letting him be what he naturally is and that is Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, and RGIII.

To me, a coaching regime that INSISTS on forcing a great talent into a scheme where he looks pitiful itself should be gotten rid of, not bench the QB.

To me you don't have to know football but you only have to know life to know that when you have something that is valuable when USED THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED, you don't render it ineffective just to USE IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO USE IT.

People wonder why I'm down on Philbin. This is my take on him. He has been the bridesmaid but never the Bride at about TWENTY DIFFERENT COACHING POSITIONS even at small places he has never been a head coach.

NOW THAT HE IS A HEAD COACH, Philbin wants to win but ONLY IF HE AND HE ALONE CAN TAKE THE CREDIT.

I'll bet you my bottom dollar that Sherman is quietly saying "errr we should probably use Tanny like we did at TAM" and Philbin is saying "naww, this is the NFL. Not college but thanks for the suggestion."

But in his MIND, Philbin is saying "I'm the head now and when I win I want all the credit. What good is it for me to be a HEAD coach when I just sit back and let the players do what they do naturally. That way THEY get the credit and I don't. This is ONE SHOT AT IMMORTALITY and I don't want to screw it up by letting someone else take the credit. IN FACT, I would rather lose and get fired than win and let people say it was because of the talents of the quarterback or that you just changed your system to fit that talent."

I earnestly believe that. I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it but if God said, you have to choose yes or no and I am going to take your life if you're wrong, then if forced to bet, I'd stake my life that that is EXACTLY what Philbin is thinking and that's why I have called for him to be fired. Simply because he is a fool in the classical sense of the word. A pompous fool at that.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:40AM

Date: October 28, 2013 10:42AM

When Moore started for the Panthers get got concussion early and then broke something, so that year he "started" never really got going.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:45AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.