HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:19AM

He holds on to the ball too long-when he needs to step it up, he caves-he hasn't played a complete game this year- he turns it over too much- he has no pocket awareness-he's not accurate. In the second half, the rest of the team still looked OK, but his instead of bracing up his team, he fell apart and led the downward spiral. He's NOT getting it done, and I don't see where a player who is NOT getting it done should be spared being benched just because he's young. The idea that a benching could "break his spirit" doesn't hold water- he's supposed to be a pro, he gets paid to do a job that he's not doing well. Maybe a benching would be good for him, scare him a little. I'm sick of him unravelling.
Yes, the refs were terrible- but they just helped the collapse along.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 11:41AM by dolphan4545.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:28AM

moore may be better or maybe no but he's not the future. we need to play out the string with RT and hope he can improve his weakness. he does have a lot of promise---just no pocket presence at all

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:31AM

are you $hitting me?

you clowns are the worst.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:36AM

And no O-Line that plays a full 60 minutes...thats the real issue and it won't get fixed the season. Give RT time and keep defenders off of him and he'll play better overall.

When the line keeps him clean...he plays well...and he has all season long.

Giving up six sacks in a half of football, like we did today will not win you any games.

Date: October 27, 2013 11:40AM

Really? I don't care at all about useless personal opinions. Can you rebut me?

Rick

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:54AM

Half of these sacks are on Tannehill. No pocket awareness, doesn't step up to avoid the rush like most pro QB, just takes the hit. Wonder how Brandon Albert would have played?

Date: October 27, 2013 11:55AM

" And no O-Line that plays a full 60 minutes...thats the real issue and it won't get fixed the season. Give RT time and keep defenders off of him and he'll play better overall."

***I see little evidence of this. Many times, given a clean (or relatively clean) pocket, he doesn't look in sync with his receivers. If he has too much time (an infrequent occurrence, I know) his accuracy and rapport with his receivers looks terrible. The O-line looked better today-until the end, when the D put its ears back and came with a full-out rush.

" When the line keeps him clean...he plays well...and he has all season long."

***I disagree. See above.

"Giving up six sacks in a half of football, like we did today will not win you any games."

***I obviously agree with this, but all the sacks happened in the hapless second half and many after we lost the lead.

It did bother me, however, that the FG block came from the troublesome right side of the line-which we supposedly shored up.

Rick

Date: October 27, 2013 12:00PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He holds on to the ball too long-when he needs to
> step it up,

RE: Sure at times he does, but when you are having to attempt passes in an average of a paltry 2.4 seconds. Is he really or is the pressure simply getting to him?

he caves-he hasn't played a complete
> game this year-

RE: OK, but what are the reasons for it? This goes well beyond RT or any QB for that matter...its a team game.

he turns it over too much-

RE: How many turnovers this season have actually been his fault? How many have not?

he's not accurate.

RE: He does struggle with this but, usually only after he is getting roughed up and there is the aforementioned problem of him having to get the ball out quicker than almost any QB in the league today.

In the second half, the rest of the
> team still looked OK, but his instead of bracing
> up his team, he fell apart and led the downward
> spiral.

RE: No it didn't. The team couldn't do anything in the second half...between many, many piss poor calls by the refs all of which went against us and kept the Pats on the field, us not putting enough pressure on Brady, our O-Line completely falling apart, dropped passes, missed FG's, and our defense giving up 90% of the Pats rushing and passing yardage after halftime...what was RT suppsed to do?

He's NOT getting it done, and I don't see
> where a player who is NOT getting it done should
> be spared being benched just because he's young.

RE: Not because he's young...because he's the best player on our roster at the position. Thats why he should be playing.

> The idea that a benching could "break his spirit"
> doesn't hold water- he's supposed to be a pro, he
> gets paid to do a job that he's not doing well.

RE: No matter what you want to say...RT has shown growth this season over last year. He's getting better and the rest of the team has to help him out so they can all get better together...the O-Line is what is holding this team back. Not RT.

> Maybe a benching would be good for him, scare him
> a little. I'm sick of him unravelling.
> Yes, the refs were terrible- but they just helped
> the collapse along.

RE: No the refs created the collapse...and then gave it momentum and life.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:02PM

Rick--you're upset and that's okay, but there's more to the team losing than Tannehill holding the ball too long. He does do that.

Today we saw him protected in the first half of the game and things were doing okay. What happened in the second, decisive half was a change on the Patriots D. They decided to blitz and our front line was not able to slow them. When backs are used to block they aren't very good at it. We don't read blitzes very well on O.

Tannehill is still a work in progress just like the entire offense. This is partly a talent thing but is also a indication that coaching isn't very good--not as good as other teams. Far from the coaching level in NE. Tannehill has to see the impending blitzes and make adjustments. He's not doing that and is relying on the sideline calls to get him through. He's not using his brain, relying on the coaching to do this or that.

The O-line plays 60 minutes, but they don't adjust to changes in D. The coaching staff panics and the offense looks confused. Confidence falls off and that spells disaster.

We are still missing a few good players in the secondary. Dimitri Patterson is a player...a game changer. We need more of him and his penchant for making key plays. Nolan Carroll is picked on when he's in the game. Teams see him as a weak link.

There was some bad officiating today...mostly game changing and psychological for our young team. Bad things screwed with their heads--their confidence IMO. The coaches get flustered too.

We are again a sub .500 team and will have a tough few days to try and beat the Bengals on Halloweeen night. Our team is down and teams are beating us silly right now. I'll be amazed if we aren't blown out Thursday night on National TV. We seem to show how poorly we play when we're on the big stage.

Not a good outing...again. Very disappointed but I'm calmer today than I was last Sunday against the Bills.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:02PM

The grass isn't always greener Rick.

Date: October 27, 2013 12:24PM

Colonel, I think you might have some good points (I'm not ready to concede that yet, however) but I just don't like the way he gets that "deer in the headlights" look sometimes-mostly when the pressure is on. Somebody else asserted that T-hill is the best QB on the roster, but my belief in that statement has been shaken the last couple of weeks.

Rick

Date: October 27, 2013 12:25PM

Quite true. I always have hope, however.

Rick

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:37PM

I am a fan of Matt Moore but Tannehill has progressed beyond Matt Moore at this point... The only negative to Tannehill over Moore at this point is his small hands and tendency to lose the ball when he is hit... Tannehill has better control of the offense and throws a better ball then Moore at this point... Last year, I would have agreed with the idea that Moore could give us a better chance to win football games... But at this point I just dont see it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:05PM

All I know is that in the off-season Mike Sherman said:

"This young man will be the most improved quarterback in the National Football League from year one to year two this year — I promise you that."

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:14PM

Tannehill is starting to look more and more like a more nimble Henne...No awareness or ability to move in the pocket. spotty accuracy and a turnover machine...damn.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:19PM

We aren't going to go to Moore, but hopefully we be looking next year when Sherman is axed. If Philbin won't do it, he will be gone also

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:19PM

Guys RT was not the reason we lost this game....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 27, 2013 01:23PM

Nor is RT the reason we lost the other three.

Date: October 27, 2013 01:24PM

Of course not...its because we haven't drafted eough linemen right? eye rolling smiley

Date: October 27, 2013 01:27PM

I was very pleased at the playcalling in the first half. Was there a major difference in the second half? I think it was the players not executing, not the playcalling.

Rick

Date: October 27, 2013 01:32PM

so 1 year and 7 games into his second year you're going to bench him.

if you bring moore in now you can't go back to tannehill. you're conceding the 8th overall selection in last year's draft.

you people should be bitching about Wallace. that 60mm is right down the drain. how many drive killing passes does he have to drop before he starts getting some of the blame?

instead of first and goal at the 3 up 17-3 we hit the upright on a fg attempt.

that back shoulder throw along the sideline was perfect. too bad our 60mm deep threat decided to try to catch it with his shoulder pad.

I wonder if it was tannehill that decided to bench lamar after his 13 for 63yd first half?

it's very easy to blame the qb for everything. but that's what lazy tunnel vision fans do.

Date: October 27, 2013 01:33PM

Billicheat adjusted...we didn't.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:36PM

Ref's controlled this game. Tanny I still like a lot.

Date: October 27, 2013 01:44PM

the refs took over in the 2nd half.

the phins d did it's job with big stops. it's tough to compete against the 12th man.

it was funny listening to simms try to justify the calls for his pats. his phone blew up after Vernon's fumble call. even nance couldn't bail him out there.

rishard Matthews "incompletion" along the sideline. would have been nice had they ever showed another angle showing his right foot.

Date: October 27, 2013 01:47PM

This is a rebuttal?

"f you bring moore in now you can't go back to tannehill."

Why not? Nobody's blaming the QB for everything, just for not getting his job-the most important job on the field- done. If he has so little playing time, maybe watching a more experienced guy doing the job would be beneficial. Let him learn from a guy that is widely given credit for being an effective QB, then try him again.

As for Mike Wallace, I can't disagree with you.

Rick

Date: October 27, 2013 01:52PM

matt moore is a career backup for a reason. if you think he's the future for the phins I'm not sure I need a rebuttal.

and no. if you bench tannehill for a career backup you're not going back to him. you're drafting another qb high next year.

Date: October 27, 2013 01:53PM

if the phins thought moore was the future why did they draft tannehill?

Date: October 27, 2013 02:03PM

tannehill is the only reason we're in these games. it would be nice if we committed to the run once in a while to help him out.

we did it in the first half and lead by 14.

lamar had 13 carries for 63yds in the first half. he had 5 more carries in the 2nd half.

let me ask you this. should the skins be questioning rgIII? I mean, he got all of the credit for their success last year. Should they be looking to bench him yet?

Date: October 27, 2013 02:13PM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course not...its because we haven't drafted
> eough linemen right? eye rolling smiley

RE: No, its mostly because we have linemen that can't block well enough, or long enough.

I say mostly because our D has gotten toasted at times too and our tackling at times is very suspect.

Point is, blame is universal and no one on this team is above it...there have been enough gaffes and mistakes to go around.

The O-Line is however the single biggest area of sub par play we have and merits the most blame.

Re: Bench Tannehill- bring on Moore(Ignore-duplicate)
Date: October 27, 2013 08:49PM

Sorry, this would have been a redundant post.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 08:54PM by dolphan4545.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.