HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bob Costas......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bob Costas......
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 19, 2013 02:52PM

LOL. That's true, Cap. I know you were using minority as a mathematical term in that sentence but the fact is that unless things changed when I was in Washington, D.C. in the summers of 69 and 70, the population then was 90% Black.

Now, that not exactly the same as Native Americans but they have been our more or less our closest allies historically and if there would be any objection about the name from a racism standpoint that translated itself into a drop of sales, even if only moreso today than when they first took on that name, we'd would have seen it being manifested in either the media or ticket sales by now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 19, 2013 03:11PM

Date: October 19, 2013 10:11PM

Date: October 20, 2013 03:47AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 06:02AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
And its VERY likely that it was also
> approved by their partner, the NFL.

I would say that is a bit of a stretch... WHile ESPN broadcast the game, the NFL and ESPN are more competitors then anything, and I seriously doubt the NFL approved Costas message... Why in the world would the NFL want this subject, with its controversy which reflects poorly on the NFLs brand brought to the forefront on Monday night by Costas..
This was just Costas being a liberal political puppet supporting his buddy Obama, who coincidentally also brought up the subject recently...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 20, 2013 06:58AM

Date: October 20, 2013 08:17AM

Truth- ESPN's biggest competitor is the NFL network, on highlights, Draft coverage, daily NFL shows, and employees or broadcasters. They compete heavily and there is no love lost between the two... They pay close to 2 billion dollars a year to the NFL for the monday night broadcast... They are a client and competitor, not partners with NFL...

DO you think NFL network said, hey you guys are our partners, go ahead and steal Adam Schefter from our league owned network...we dont mind, we share...lol

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 20, 2013 08:32AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Truth- ESPN's biggest competitor is the NFL
> network, on highlights, Draft coverage, daily NFL
> shows, and employees or broadcasters. They compete
> heavily and there is no love lost between the
> two... They pay close to 2 billion dollars a year
> to the NFL for the monday night broadcast... They
> are a client and competitor, not partners with
> NFL...

They are partners.

The highlights shows are all part of the package. The timing of them is decided by BOTH parties when they agreed to allow ESPN to broadcast.

That's why ESPN doesn't have a live in game RedZone channel of its own.

Its not allowed to compete directly with NFL broadcasting.

They dont even do their Sunday "Primetime" highlights show anymore. That used to start as soon as the last 7pm game was over. That has now gone to one of the NFL's OTHER partners, NBC, so that it leads into the Sunday night game on that network.

ESPN's highlights show is now Monday, leading into their game.

All you get on ESPN on game day is the same limited highlights that are available to ALL the news media.

>
> DO you think NFL network said, hey you guys are
> our partners, go ahead and steal Adam Schefter
> from our league owned network...we dont mind, we
> share...lol

That's a silly analogy. If they wanted to keep Shefter they could have paid him more. Its a free market for talent.

Just look at how the league is set up. Each team is part of a partnership, and each team competes for talent. Shefter taking more money to go to another NFL show on a network that PAYS the NFL is the same thing as Mike Wallace leaving Pittsburgh to go to Miami.

Date: October 20, 2013 08:44AM

ESPN is competitors and a client of the NFL.. THey are not partners... You cant try and spin it anyway you want but that is reality.. They dont share information or tell the other about what monologues the other is going to do on shows... That is ludicrous.. ESPn does what ever they want and doesnt share its intentions with the NFL...

IF the NFL wanted it done they would have done it on Thursday night... The fact Costas did it, is telling...

Nietzsche

Date: October 20, 2013 09:03AM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:01PM

Get your facts right. It's the Dems who are pushing a PC agenda, and they are the ones who want the name changed. Sheesh.

Rick

Date: October 20, 2013 01:07PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Get your facts right. It's the Dems who are
> pushing a PC agenda, and they are the ones who
> want the name changed. Sheesh.

grinning smiley

Date: October 20, 2013 02:55PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Get your facts right. It's the Dems who are
> pushing a PC agenda, and they are the ones who
> want the name changed. Sheesh.

Wrong! It's the Liberals who want the name changed.

Not all Democrats are liberals, some of us are Labor Democrats.

In your opinion are ALL Republicans Tea-Partyers?????????????????

Date: October 20, 2013 03:02PM

I have to agree with Chyrene here. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. However I really can't stand Liberals and most of their agendas. I don't see Democrats as dyed in the wool liberals......but probably more are then are not. The Tea Party comparison is a good one. Can't stand them either.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 05:52PM

No. I'm a republican and conservative, but not a tea-partier. Your post just verifies my feeling that the two-party system doesn't fulfil the the needs of all the voters. I do apologise for jumping to an unwarranted conclusion.

Rick

Date: October 21, 2013 11:57AM

Date: October 21, 2013 12:06PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 21, 2013 12:23PM

Any honkey-ass who doesn’t immediately grasp the fact that "redskin" is derisive, inflammatory and patently offensive is obviously born under the sign of ignorance (or worse).

Cracker jack supremist jokers who haven’t a clue as to the entitlement privilege of being "white" and not raised with the stains of racial and/or cultural indignation don't deserve the "free pass" they've been given.

And guess what? Those Free Pass cards are going away. Fast!

How about the NY Whops?

Or Brooklyn Kikes?

Or Boston Micks?

What goes around. Comes around. That's the natural law…

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: October 21, 2013 12:32PM

You have to drop they E from Honky, BNF.

Actually, many people don't know the origin of that phrase.

It was first used by Malcolm X but the word was "Hunkies" short for Hungarians. I think what he said was "They have to pass a law to make us Blacks to be Americans. We've been here for centuries, but they don't have to pass a law to make all those immigrants who just got here to be Americans. The Hunkies and the Polacks are already Americans."

Then, Stokely Carmichael and Rap Brown and the College Black Militants mispronounced it to be "Honkies." And it's been pronounced that way ever since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 12:37PM by ChyrenB.

Date: October 21, 2013 12:42PM

BNF- sorry but I have to find it funny that you are worried about someone else being offensive.. You seem to be poster boy for protection of free speech and saying whatever the hell you want whether offensive or not is of no concern to you..... As Doc Holiday said in tombstone...."My hypocrisy knows no bounds"... seems fitting....lol

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 12:45PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 21, 2013 12:42PM

Sorry. I was being PC.

Date: October 21, 2013 12:48PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Sorry. I was being PC.

I didnt think you ever dealt with that inner struggle of conformity BNF... What do you have an angel and devil on each shoulder conducting warfare in your positions..., I must be a friend of the devil on your shoulder because he is much more interesting then the PC version of yourself...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 12:49PM by Crowder52.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.