HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Idiot announcers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Idiot announcers
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 12:16PM

Sometimes what these guys say during a telecast baffles me. I just heard Troy Aikman say "Bill Belichick is a great coach. When he has to take a player out of a game, he does it as well as anybody." What the hell does that even mean?

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Idiot announcers
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 12:40PM

During the Dolphin's games, I use to put on the local radio broadcast with Mandich and watch the games. Because as you say, the national announcers, at least most of them, add pretty foolish commentary and barely know half the players names...
But now the televised games are so far delayed from the radio broadcast, it becomes a jumbled mess to do it that way...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 13, 2013 12:45PM

LOL. Didn't Aikman have a bunch of concussions? Could explain a lot. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 13, 2013 02:22PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes what these guys say during a telecast
> baffles me. I just heard Troy Aikman say "Bill
> Belichick is a great coach. When he has to take a
> player out of a game, he does it as well as
> anybody." What the hell does that even mean?

He was referring to the Pats D taking Graham out of the game.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 02:52PM

I see what you are getting at, but the context didn't suggest that explanation to me. Perhaps that is what he meant.

Rick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2013 02:58PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 13, 2013 03:58PM

I hear Belichick is also great at talking into his headset and walking the sidelines. He does that better than anyone! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 14, 2013 03:08AM

Crowder, I used to have the radio going while watching the game on TV. The TV satellite and cable delay is out of synch now, and has been for a while. It seems to have gotten worse. At least the local guys know who's who, and don't banter about unrelated matters like the clowns in the national TV both.

Gruden and Tirico are really lousy, IMO. Michaels and Collinsworth are probably the best. The regional guys we get are a mixed bag. It's typical for them to confuse quarterbacks too. No one's perfect so I'm not being critical of everything they say, but sometimes things just are off in left field.

When the announcers are really bad, I'll mute the sound and my wife will ask me if there's something wrong with the TV. I've responded, "it's not the TV." LOL

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 14, 2013 08:38AM

Talking about idiot announcers, many years ago during a Cubs game they a showed a couple kissing, Harry Cary says "he kisses her on the strikes and she kisses him on the balls"..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 08:39AM by dolphaholic.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 14, 2013 01:24PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During the Dolphin's games, I use to put on the
> local radio broadcast with Mandich and watch the
> games.

OH so did I....and in the old days, Rick Weaver while Mandich was still playing on the phins.

Later on I even streamed the Mandich audio broadcast over a slowish internet connection while watching Phins on TV. It was still better than the national broadcasters, even when the audio was delayed a full two minutes behind the video broadcast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.