HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          On to the Ravens
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
On to the Ravens
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 01, 2013 01:46PM

I'm not so OVER confident as some that we will beat them.

Sure, they've lost key personnel and lost to the Bills but the Bills aren't that bad if you watch them and the loss of Welker, Hernandez, etc. doesn't seem to stop the Patsies from rolling.

On a different thread about Predictions for records at the bye week before we even played the first game

I said we would win the first three,

New Orleans would be a toss up

and we would lose to the Ravens so I'm not just reacting to MNF's game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: On to the Ravens
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 02, 2013 05:06AM

Today's Sun Sentinel has several columns about moving on to the Ravens. I do think, based on what was reported that many of our offensive plays have been figured out....meaning they have become redundant and easy to figure out. Maybe so. Another thing mentioned was the apparent lack of chemistry (my words) between Wallace and Tannehill. If there is a lack of chemistry or confidence between them, that needs to be overcome. Simply based on the cost of Wallace, he needs to produce.

The columnists also talk about overcoming deficiencies and they note there were many exposed on MNF. At this point in the schedule, enough film exists for teams to see what we are doing and not doing on both sides of the ball. The more film, the more things can be noted--good and bad.

We still don't have linebackers capable of covering top flight TEs. Our
safety coverage is also lacking. All things noted in today's local
paper.

They are noting the same things most of us have spotted too. The mistakes, the poor pass blocking. Jerry and Clabo are weak in pass protection. Incognito should be at RG. Martin is improving but is not great at LT. Pouncey is by far the best offensive lineman we have.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 02, 2013 07:26AM

The problem with Tanny/Wallace isn't chemistry. It's O-Line blocking. Most of Wallace's routes are deep, by design (since he's our quintessential "deep threat"winking smiley, but the O-Line can't pass block long enough to let deep plays develop. It's a catch-22 until they get the O-Line fixed. If we run shorter routes for Wallace we lose his ability to stretch the field and open things up for other receivers. If we keep running him long he will, ultimately, be looked at as a decoy and teams will stop worrying about him and, instead, concentrate on the pass rush.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 02, 2013 07:28AM

and when tannehill hits him deep he drops the ball....It happened once against the saints.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 02, 2013 09:17AM

Exactly! Wallace needs to put-up or shut-up.

Date: October 02, 2013 10:46AM

Date: October 02, 2013 10:51AM

click on where it says press conference its going on right now...

Date: October 02, 2013 11:08AM

id be satisfied if we go 5-2 on the next 7 games...

at least win all home games we have 5 home games out of the next 7 games.

Date: October 02, 2013 11:17AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> id be satisfied if we go 5-2 on the next 7
> games...
>
>
> at least win all home games we have 5 home games
> out of the next 7 games.

Don't get me wrong, SamSam, I would too.

Had the first few minutes of the Saints game played out the whole game (with them bombing the daylights out of us and us really unable to move) I would not have blamed coaching.

But the FIRST half showed that WE WERE ABLE TO BEAT THEM.

The second half showed they adjusted to us and we didn't adjust to them.

WHO AM I TO BLAME FOR THAT?????????? Lamar Miller????????

I don't think so! I think that's coaching.

Date: October 02, 2013 11:27AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > id be satisfied if we go 5-2 on the next 7
> > games...
> >
> >
> > at least win all home games we have 5 home
> games
> > out of the next 7 games.
>
>
> Don't get me wrong, SamSam, I would too.
>
> Had the first few minutes of the Saints game
> played out the whole game (with them bombing the
> daylights out of us and us really unable to move)
> I would not have blamed coaching.
>
> But the FIRST half showed that WE WERE ABLE TO
> BEAT THEM.
>
> The second half showed they adjusted to us and we
> didn't adjust to them.
>
> WHO AM I TO BLAME FOR THAT?????????? Lamar
> Miller????????
>
> I don't think so! I think that's coaching.

To make it fair i would say it was a combination of coaching and players not doing their jobs...

1. Tannehill hit wallace in stride on a bomb and wallace dropped it. that was 7 points that we didnt score and a reason why i say the players are also to blame.

Its plays like these that change the game.

2. The Oline allowing just too many qb hits another way to blame the players.

And so on.

Again i think it was both the coaches and players fault.

Date: October 02, 2013 11:28AM

Armando Salguero ?@ArmandoSalguero 6m
Cameron Wake did not speak to media last week when his injury status was uncertain. Talking again this week. Another sign he's playing.

Date: October 02, 2013 11:32AM

tannehill also missed wallace wide open would had gone for a few right down the middle of the field.

Players need to do their jobs when they have the opportunity.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 03, 2013 10:10AM

Date: October 03, 2013 10:51AM

I'll say it again despite the other thread. Yes, our players have failed. The o line is horrible.

Yeah, you can pick on Tanny and Pick on Wallace for missing here and there.

It's even obvious that the secondary needs some serious correcting.

However, deciding on critical plays to toss the ball back instead of running a quarterback sneak can cost you a continuation of a drive WHICH MAY EQUAL a touchdown WHICH MAY EQUAL a win versus a loss and that's NOT on the players.

Date: October 03, 2013 11:08AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 03, 2013 01:29PM

Based on the last coaching effort -- I don't think this staff will win another game against top-tier coaching. And the Ravens are pretty solid in that dept.

I hate to say it -- but I think we lose 2 in a row.

Date: October 03, 2013 01:47PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Based on the last coaching effort -- I don't think
> this staff will win another game against top-tier
> coaching. And the Ravens are pretty solid in that
> dept.
>
> I hate to say it -- but I think we lose 2 in a
> row.

Doesn't surprise me seeing you being a Negative Nelly. But I'll save you a seat on the band Wagon anyway after we go 4-1 into the Bye.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 03, 2013 02:15PM

Come on, Treasure. You can't get mad when in reality all it boils down to is that you disagree with the guy.

I'll be there rooting for the Dolphins with bells on.

So will BNF.

But the reality is that if you project from the last game to this one, you have to be concerned.

Let's avoid creating the atmosphere they have in North Korea where any thing but singing happy songs and having a rosy outlook is condemned.

Date: October 03, 2013 02:54PM

That's what I'm projecting? First off I'm not Mad. But I think its unfair to judge this Team after one loss due to injuries to major contributors. We go 4-1 . I guarantee it. This is a playoff season for us. maybe only a wild card. Next year after a few more Tweaks we can start thinking bigger. THEN I will start getting pissed when we don't win! Right now I'm enjoying the ride. We are seeing greatness in the making, and that takes time. Sometimes you can't go to Heaven without dying brother.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 03, 2013 05:04PM

Like I've been saying all week -- and to a certain degree prior to that -- but the Monday night game wasn't just a loss (in my view), it revealed something clearly about the difference between a top-flight coaching staff and just an OK staff.

Now you may be comfortable in thinking and/or believing that we have a top-tier N F L coaching staff -- but I know for sure we do not.

And if you want to know how I know -- then just analyze the game objectively in terms of game-planning, preparedness, adjustments, and execution. The Miami Dolphins LOST in every department in that game.

Now, I'm not sure if you were around -- or even a fan -- but in the glory days of Shula such nonsense would NEVER happen. And keep in mind I said in the "glory days," not the old Shula hanging on to eclipse Halas' record.

Beyond that -- and I know ChairmenB goes over the top "sometimes," but the fact that Philbin has never been a HC at any level other than now with the Dolphins is -- at least -- a minor caution flag.

I'm just VERY disappointed by the product Philbin put on the field Monday night. And I reserve my final judgment -- and right to be wrong -- but that game was deeply disturbing to the "hopes" I had about this organization and it's immediate future.

BNF.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 03, 2013 05:59PM

The bottom line is this team has issues. We are fortunate to be 3-1 when we could easily be 1-3.

We have seen the issues from the beginning. The offensive line is terrible.

We have issues tackling from our (high prices FA) LB's...and they are not forcing t/o's as advertised.

We are injured in the secondary and our backups are not capable of starting and producing turnovers.

You put too much on our players plate and they press and turn the ball over.

Tannehill was able to win a few games against suspect defenses even when he faced pressure but is not ready to carry the load against a high scoring team like NOLA. He was pressing AND under pressure. that resulted in WAY TOO MANY turnovers.

We don't have a running game to even things out. We can get by against a poor rush defense but add that to all the other issues and it spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e. We cannot win by passing alone.

bad protection, good defense, no running game, good QB/WR play = possible win

bad protection, bad defense, bad QB/WR play = loss

We lost one game. It's not all on the coaches. It's not all on the QB or Defense. it was a team (lack of) effort.

Being able to run the ball against a poor rush defense is useless if we get behind and have to play catch-up.

We got exposed this week. Other teams WILL take notice....but most won't be able to duplicate Drew Brees' performance.

Lose with the t/o battle and we lose 90% of the time. Gotta fix that first.

Everybody has to be better. Wallace, Coaches, RT, defense...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 03, 2013 06:43PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Sometimes you can't go to Heaven without
> dying brother.

Well I may not agree with the rest of your post but I say Hallelujah to that too, brother. Only maybe not so soon huh? LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.