HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Monday Night Matchup
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Monday Night Matchup
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 30, 2013 07:41AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monday Night Matchup
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 30, 2013 08:45AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> LAST GAME
> 10/25/09: Saints 46 at Dolphins 34. New Orleans
> overcomes 10-point 4th-quarter deficit with 2 rush
> TDs & 54-yard INT-TD by CB Tracy Porter. Saints S
> Darren Sharper adds INT-TD.

That's the game that convinced me Sparano was a bust as a head coach, that he was far far to conservative to succeed in this day and age.

Date: September 30, 2013 09:23AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > LAST GAME
> > 10/25/09: Saints 46 at Dolphins 34. New
> Orleans
> > overcomes 10-point 4th-quarter deficit with 2
> rush
> > TDs & 54-yard INT-TD by CB Tracy Porter. Saints
> S
> > Darren Sharper adds INT-TD.
>
>
>
> That's the game that convinced me Sparano was a
> bust as a head coach, that he was far far to
> conservative to succeed in this day and age.

And that Chad Henne was a stinker! 2 ints. One a pick six. 50% comp. rate that game. He threw the ball 36 times for only 211 yards. We rushed for 4 td's (3 Ricky, 1 Ronnie). Hell we even picked of Brees 3 times and had a FR. You are right. It was a very undisciplined team. Not well coached.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2013 02:46PM

That's "Chuckie", eesti. More like a child's doll.

And the funny thing is that I am beginning to worry MORE about next week's Ravens' game.

Sure I had predicted us to lose that one before but....they got so humiliated by Buffalo and I saw the seething look on Mattie Ryan's face on the sidelines after that game.

You have to remember that regardless of tonight's game WE are their next opponent and the better we do tonight the more they think they can redeem themselves by beating us.

Date: September 30, 2013 02:59PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2013 03:29PM

Wow. I had just looked it up. I was FLAT ASSED WRONG! It is Chuck with a Y, not an ie.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: September 30, 2013 03:37PM

Go get em boys! I have faith in this team!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 04:20PM

odrick is a beast

Date: October 01, 2013 04:25AM

Now we know where we are and how we matchup in the league. We are a good team that is not quite ready to play with the elite teams ON A CONSISTENT BASIS. I say that because the NFL is a strange entity. On any given Sunday we may steal a game of this magnitude. Just not on Monday I guess.

This game magnified our weakness. OFFENSIVE LINE. That was a pathetic effort accross the board in pass protection. Don't forget this was a team that already lost 4 or 5 starters before the season started. They lost their pass rusher (Will Smith) as well as Kenyon Coleman.

It was also not a good scheme because the coaches didn't adjust to the pressure. I saw many plays wheres the RB ran a route instead of staying in to protect or even getting a chip block as they went into their route. Not good.

Clabo is done or just not a fit for zone blocking. We may need to abandon this scheme as our Center is the ony fit. Martin is not a good pass pro and probably never will be.

We need 3 new lineman and will need 4 once FA hits next year.

Our defense has been getting progressively worse. This is party due to injuries but sill is regressing from last year.

We are definitely better with Odrick, Solia, Starks, Wake on the front line. It is night and day from any other combination.

Wheeler and Ellerbe are overhyped and overrated.

Carroll is not a starter and should be a backup. We can be much better with our opening day starters but still need to upgrade our #3 CB. Hopefully the rookies can replace Carroll and Wilson if we actually resign Grimes which we definitely should do.

We are probably a year away from competing with the elite in the playoffs but we still have a shot to get in this year. We just won't go very far unless these things are fixed.

It's been one loss in a tough road game. The Denver Broncos would even have their work cut out for them playing in NOLA.

Looks like another off season trying to find an offensive line.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 01, 2013 04:57AM

other then sucking horribly and no offensive line we are AWESOME!

Date: October 01, 2013 05:13AM

I knew you would crawl out of your hole when we FINALLY lost a game.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 01, 2013 05:22AM

Jeez you guys are like a broken record with this offensive line, offensive line, offensive line stuff. In the first half we were running almost at will! The ENTIRE TEAM (including the OL) gave up and collapsed in the second half. THree Things beat us:

1.) TURNOVERS: Enough said.

2.) Coaching: I won't call it poor but I will call it unimaginative and tentative. WHY defer and give the ball to a high powered Offense at home on national TV? WHY pitch back 3 yards on third and an inch stopping a scoring drive? Tanny ran what looked like a read option and picked up what 15-20 yards. WE NEVER SAW IT AGAIN?!?!?!

3.) Lack of leadership: Leadership whether from a player or the coach is what stops a collapse like the second half last night. Things didn't go their way even though they were playing pretty well and you could just see it in their eyes and body language. They gave up, they got some bad breaks and resigned themselves to their fate. Thats where a leader steps in and rallies the troops. I honestly don't know where it will come from. As improved as Tanny has looked this year he's not a firebrand leader ala Marino, Manning, Ray Lewis, etc. And Philbin certainly can't be mistaken for Harbaugh or Cowher when it comes to motivation.

We showed in the first half that, save the turnovers, we had the talent to win that game. In the second half we just stopped believing it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.