HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A PITIFUL WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A PITIFUL WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2013 01:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A PITIFUL WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2013 02:00PM

What bush did is nothing compared to molesting a child.

Im sorry but molesting a child deserves a few years in prison.

Date: September 28, 2013 03:04PM

That's the same way I see it.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 29, 2013 05:52AM

Alain Poupart @apoupartFins

Little harsh, no? @InsideUSC Lane Kiffin pulled of team bus outside LAX private terminal and fired. Team went back to #USC without him

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 29, 2013 06:47AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alain Poupart @apoupartFins
>
> Little harsh, no? @InsideUSC Lane Kiffin pulled of
> team bus outside LAX private terminal and fired.
> Team went back to #USC without him

Couldn't have happened more fairly.

It doesntt say much about the powers that be in the USC athletic department, but Kiffin is a douche. He finally got what he deserved.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 29, 2013 07:39AM

I agree, Lane brought it on himself by being an arrogant douche...... Without his Dad coaching his defense, he is a horrible HC... Monte Kiffin is a legend, who helped mask his sons deficiencies as a HC...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 29, 2013 07:51AM

The World is a crazy place no doubt. The things I see in my job , I'd go crazy if I let them. Best just to shake it off and focus on what I can control, my life and my family.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2013 09:05AM

It does boggle the mind, Treasure. But I'm afraid not because it is incomprehensible or unfathomable or unexplainable. In other words, it's not something that's going to drive you crazy because you can't imagine it.

Sadly, it is all too explainable. Simply put, this society puts a lesser premium on the mental health and well being of children than it puts on a limousine ride.

Date: September 29, 2013 10:50AM

$$$$$ Talks, Bullshit walks. Apparently Children's welfare is considered B.S. Companies keep dangerous items on shelf's because law suits are cheaper then recalls. The only way I can rationalize it all is I believe heavily in Karma. What goes around comes around no matter who you are.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 29, 2013 01:58PM

SMU lost their football program for a year and had to start from scratch. By comparison, Penn State got a slap on the wrist. You know why? Penn State is a popular program that makes the NCAA money. SMU wasn't.

Date: September 29, 2013 02:08PM

BINGO. Money talks.......B.S. walks. You can climb the highest mountain , starve for days to reach the most praised Guru , and that's exactly what he will whisper in your ear after you finally reach him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2013 02:16PM

montequi Wrote:
> SMU lost their football program for a year and had
> to start from scratch. By comparison, Penn State
> got a slap on the wrist. You know why? Penn
> State is a popular program that makes the NCAA
> money. SMU wasn't.

I think the NCAA learned its lesson from the SMU debacle. They thought SMU would recover after 5-10 years. They were wrong.

The problem they have is that EVERY top 40 football program cheats and most of the hoops programs at least bend the rules a little (at a minimum).

They won't hand out a death penalty ever again. They'd have to give one out every other year if they did.

As for Penn State...based on the info that's come out so far in the Penn State case, they really didn't do anything against NCAA rules let alone anything warranting a death penalty.

I think they accepted the NCAA penalties out of shame...and rightly so.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out in the coming trials. Maybe there is information out there that proves they deserved worse than they got. Haven't seen it yet though.

Date: September 29, 2013 04:53PM

THE Truth Wrote:

> As for Penn State...based on the info that's come
> out so far in the Penn State case, they really
> didn't do anything against NCAA rules let alone
> anything warranting a death penalty.
>
> I think they accepted the NCAA penalties out of
> shame...and rightly so.
>
> It will be interesting to see what else comes out
> in the coming trials. Maybe there is information
> out there that proves they deserved worse than
> they got. Haven't seen it yet though.

RESPONSE: Why am I NOT surprised at who turns out to be the ONE person ON THIS CHATBOARD who says that turning your back (like the athletic director, vice president of the university, some degree of the coaching staff) on child molestation occurring DURING THE COURSE OF YOUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND IN THE FOOTBALL LOCKER ROOMS as well as other places (but definitely within the auspices of the football program) IS NOT AS BAD AS accepting a ride in a limousine and other petty money rewards???????????

Why am I NOT surprised??????????

Old "execute the prosecutors if a death row inmate is later found to be innocent" while being a person who at the same time does not really believe in the death penalty.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 30, 2013 12:40AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> It does boggle the mind, Treasure. But I'm afraid
> not because it is incomprehensible or unfathomable
> or unexplainable. In other words, it's not
> something that's going to drive you crazy because
> you can't imagine it.
>
> Sadly, it is all too explainable. Simply put,
> this society puts a lesser premium on the mental
> health and well being of children than it puts on
> a limousine ride.

My only guess is that one has to do with cheating and thus gaining an unfair advantage over other schools and the other is a horrific but unrelated story. As a sport, the paying and buying off of players is an unfair advantage in recruiting that is akin to cheating. But in Penn State's case, it's almost insulting to think that something as silly as the NCAA should be involved in the handing out of justice, when it should be a state-sponsored executioner

Date: September 30, 2013 03:41AM

Panteraize Wrote:
> But in Penn State's case,
> it's almost insulting to think that something as
> silly as the NCAA should be involved in the
> handing out of justice, when it should be a
> state-sponsored executioner

Exactly right.

Penn state didn't do anything to violate NCAA rules.

The very serious issues that happened on their campus were beyond the scope of the NCAA to punish. It should have been handled in the courts.

The only thing the NCAA could punish them under was the blanket "Lack of Institutional Control" clause.

But the horrific failures of leadership at Penn State go far beyond the football team. You can clearly argue that Paterno, while he didn't do what he should have, did the legal minimum required of him. The issue is what his bosses did and didn't do to protect the school. That goes beyond the football team. Frankly, if the NCAA was going to stick its nose into all this they should have punished ALL athletic programs at the school for the failures of the schools leadership.

Date: September 30, 2013 11:00AM

Date: September 30, 2013 11:33AM

And if you really want to get down to it Panteraize, where is the "cheating" in a high school or college athlete getting "money on the side"?

I mean I know it's cheating under the rules but does it really affect the game?

It's not like they are rigging the scoreboard or paying off the refs.

SURE IT'S CHEATING UNDER THE RULES but is it really "cheating" that affects the game.

Now remember Panteraize, YOU AND TRUTH brought up this point. Not me.

If you are going to reply "well the rules are the rules" then that's my point!

It's damn silly to come down so hard on this and THEN lighten up on the other thing.

That's the point of this thread.

So unless you are able to logically describe how what Reggie Bush did affected the SCORES of the games he was playing GIVEN THE FACT THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE A TROJAN PLAYER NO MATTER WHAT, unless you are able to do that...........................................

then logically what we are reduced to is comparing TWO SINS both of which are unrelated to the games themselves and ask WHY IS ONE SIN (Penn State fostering and covering up child molestation) GREATER THAN THE OTHER (Reggie Bush getting money on the side).

IN FACT, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT USC EVEN KNEW (unlike Penn State officials) what was going on.

The NCAA did not have to find that. All they found was that Reggie's actions made him ineligible and therefore USC forfeited all those games.

However, what USC is asking to be relieved of is NOT that part of the sanctions (which even if you follow their faulty logic can at least be arguably justified) but the WHOLLY UNRELATED TO REGGIE BUSH PENALTY that says....

USC must accept a lesser number of recruits for the following three years (I think there is only one more year left now).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.