HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Philbin and "pass it around"...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Philbin and "pass it around"...
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 03:27PM

After the colts win I watched, the end of the game Philbin's locker room speech when it was posted just after the game..... And at the beginning he was telling the players, to pass the success around.. If you got an interception, talk about what a great job the guys up front did putting pressure forcing the throw, if you got a sack talk about what a great job the backs did covering..etc, etc... I went back the next day to watch it again and they had shortened the speech by about 40 seconds, and took out that part.... So for whatever reason Philbin didnt want it out there... But I think it is good coaching, good philosophy and worth noting, even if the powers that be didnt want it noted... When you listened to the player interviews you will hear a lot of that philosophy underneath each different players individual interview...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 03:29PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philbin and "pass it around"...
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 26, 2013 03:37PM

I wholeheartedly agree with complimenting supporting cast players IF indeed they did ON THAT SPECIFIC occasion make a runner or receiver or quarterback's play successful. The same is true for a defensive lineman when his neighbor occupies two blockers and allows him to make the sack. The same goes for the defensive lineman who hurries a quarterback's throw leading to an interception.

However, I hope Philbin is not talking about just complimenting other players when it is NOT deserved. For example, Tanny goes back to pass and sees so many rushers coming free, he wonders whether or not this was SUPPOSED TO BE a screen. But he throws the ball quickly and the receiver makes a fantastic catch, a fake and a juke and runs for a touchdown.

I DON'T believe in complimenting the offensive linemen just for the sake of some philosophy. I say compliment the receivers AND DENOUNCE the offensive linemen for not doing their jobs.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 26, 2013 05:06PM

Footie Ball -- even in the N F L is still the ultimate T E A M game.

And there ain't no "m e" in team. Right?

Date: September 26, 2013 06:28PM

LOL. But there can be a "me" in screwing up. One me can screw up the whole team. And those who screw up should not be left to wonder if it's okay since they don't hear anything back.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 27, 2013 02:49AM

It's a game of "attacking the weakest link." A game of match ups. (not a new concept.) If you think your running game is superior to their run stopping, you attack it. If you know there is a weakness at line backer covering your macho TE, you attack there. If you see a weakness at cornerback and you have a top 5 stud receiver opposing that CB, that's where you go. To add confusion, i.e. keep the D off balance, you simply attack all the weak spots the D has when the opportunity arises. So the weakest link on your offense, or your defense is what you have to improve upon or face a long painful game day.

On D, Nolan Carroll is the weakest link in our secondary, IMO, right now followed by linebackers in general who have trouble covering opposing teams' TEs.

RT's weakness is taking sacks, not avoiding them, not getting rid of the ball. The O-line is inconsistent.

=======
It's makes good sense to compliment the supporting cast. No player is as successful without solid help from his teammates. Everybody has to hold up their end. Yep, one "Gomer Pyle" can ruin things pretty easily. smiling smiley

Date: September 27, 2013 10:33AM

But actually, Gomer never really screwed up, his CO was just always accusing him of screwing up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.