HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          @ New Orleans week 4....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
@ New Orleans week 4....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 23, 2013 04:19AM

Poll
Who wins this week?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
16 votes were received.
Miami Dolphins 10

63%
New Orleans Saints 6

37%

This may be the toughest game of the season. Both of our lines must play better if we are to have any chance in this game.

The good news is....

we CAN match up and play with these guys. NOLA beat Atlanta in week one but we showed yesterday that we know how to win against an excellent and high powered offensive team.

Even though NOLA is such a great passing teamm they have actually scored 4 points LESS than Miami through 3 weeks (74/70). Hard to believe but their defense has allowed 15 fewer points (53/38).

I still can't figure out why we couldn't get any pressure on Matt Ryan and his backup tackles. I know Wake was ailing but still...the announcer last night made the comment that the line was stunting themselves out of the action. We have to correct that this week. I hope Wake is not seriously hurt. We were also (wisely) not able to blitz this week. I imagine it will be the same against Brees.

We are a much better team with Solia. He frees everyone else up to make plays by taking on two blockers. Soliai had actually played more snaps than Starks up to this week.

Hopefully we will also get back some of our injured DB's....Patterson will be a big help against Brees and co. I didn't see Will Davis on the inactive list this week but I also didn't see him on the field.

Our offensive line needs a shakeup. Neither Dallas Thomas or Danny Watkins have been active yet this year but other than a trade I don't see things getting much better. We just don't seem to have the right personnel for the zone blocking scheme. Especially on the right side.

They sure stepped it up on that final drive but Tannehill was also more decisive and got rid of the ball rather quickly. I would still like to see him run a bit more.

One thing is for sure. Rob Ryan's defense will be blizing the hell out of Tannehill. We have to find a way to make them pay if they do....Short passes and QB runs.

Jimmy Graham is going to be a huge test. We shut down Gonzo pretty well but their other (6'8) TE did score a TD. JG is the best in the league right now.

Another nerve wrecker on Monday Night Football! Two unbeaten team facing off. Who knew?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: @ New Orleans week 4....
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:30AM

Reality bites.
Hopefully the Saints are looking past us and stumble just a little and "IF" the Dolphin team that beat the jest last season shows up and, "IF" our starters are not too dinged up and, "IF" Sherman still has some surprises up his sleeve we have a chance.
Lots of IFs. Too many for a win.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:10AM

The Saints look good right now but I think they will have a tough time beating us.

Our guys are improving and stepping up and making good plays. The Oline is still lagging behind and Nolan Carroll was picked on yesterday, but overall, we are getting much better. This is our best team in many, many years.

It's great to be 3-0 and happy about our prospects.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:52AM

I think we fall this week in the dome of New Orleans. To win this game, every Dolphins has to play with the mindset that they are Super Bowl contenders as unfortunately, the Saints have a more complete squad with a more NFL experience and this is coupled with the brilliant Coach/Staff of Sean Payton. I hope I am wrong. Saints 31 Dolphins 20.

Date: September 23, 2013 09:44AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 23, 2013 10:58AM

I just can't pick against us right now. I have a good feeling about this game.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 23, 2013 12:06PM

I picked us to win because (other than being a homer) we do have a legit chance -- tho this will be a significant challenge (overstating the obvious -- of course)!

Funny thing is... we have the type of team that could get a jump on the Saints (with some "good luck" and awesome play) and then play down-hill on Bress and perhaps make the night a tad "ugly" for him.

That's my early BNF premonition.

Coming out of Norlens 4 and freaky OH
will definitely spin some heads around…

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 23, 2013 02:34PM

I don't want to jink it. Last week's vote was 19-0 and we barely escaped with our lives.

Date: September 23, 2013 02:51PM

It's going to be tough missing two of the best defensive players and possibly 3-4 starters but I can't pick against them either. Don't want to jinx them. lol

.....................................................................................

Date: September 23, 2013 03:45PM

New Orleans has the 20th ranked rushing defense and the #5 passing defense. Getting lots of pressure on the QB. I hope we can get the run game going this week. They gave up 144 yards to Doug Martin but have not really played a good rushing offense yet.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:23PM

Maybe the best strategy would be to play Sparano football. Just get the ball past the 50 yard line and let Sturgis win the game.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:32PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the best strategy would be to play Sparano
> football. Just get the ball past the 50 yard line
> and let Sturgis win the game.

Sorry, but Sparano-ball is NEVER the best strategy.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:42PM

oh yeah, for the record, Pats will lose too. To Matty Ice & the Falcons.

Date: September 24, 2013 03:44AM

NE could lose for the next 3 weeks! Wouldn't that be a site? IMPLOSION as the Brady pucker appears.

XXXXX = Sparano Ball

Not the way Tannehill is playing. This will be a huge week for Mike Wallace and Charles Clay...and Lamar Miller may break one this week.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 24, 2013 04:45AM

Our Linebackers HAVE to do well in coverage or we're toast. Dang what a time for Wake and Soliai to be hurt.

We appear to have the makings of a good young team on the upswing. If we can go into the Superdome on Monday night against a veteran Saints team that appears to be one of the better in the NFC at present and make a good showing of ourselves...we win regardless of the score.

The only disaster would be if we show no backbone, really get smacked around and lose confidence.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 24, 2013 05:03AM

montequi Wrote:
>
>
> Sorry, but Sparano-ball is NEVER the best
> strategy.

Except that ONE game against the Pats where we kicked their ASSES with the wildcat. Downhill from there unfortunately.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 05:25AM

JC Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > Sorry, but Sparano-ball is NEVER the best
> > strategy.
>
>
> Except that ONE game against the Pats where we
> kicked their ASSES with the wildcat. Downhill
> from there unfortunately.

I'd give him that one game.

Everything else stunk with the fist pumps and all the crap...

But once again i'd give him that one game and say kudos to you sparano.......4 Just that game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.