HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Does anyone else find it suspicious
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Does anyone else find it suspicious
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 20, 2013 06:35PM

That the injury report has more dolphin players on it than expected. Also major players like Mike Wallace. Is this an effort to keep interest in this game, and the gambling that goes on legally, and illegally? I mean why did we not hear about some of these injuries until today? I think the league is trying to get more action on this game. The question is am I right or wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone else find it suspicious
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:25PM

Ask Toko, our resident Gambler.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:05PM

haha this used to be an advantage long ago in the wonderful world of sports investments, to know who was injured and who isn't but certain teams use these injury reports suspiciously and too frequently (the Patriots). Looks like the Dolphins caught on and are doing it too. Any minor nick-nack is reported and therefore it obscures the roster and keeps the other team guessing on who is really seriously injured and who isn't?

Fantasy football players hate these injury report things, because it makes them bench totally healthy players who just happened to be listed as "questionable" leading up to the game.

The problem with the whole reporting thing, is that each team themselves are the ones responsible to make the injury report and it is not at all policed by the officials or any true guideline of the NFL.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 21, 2013 12:31AM

Conspiracy? Misinformation? Exaggerated status? Hmmm.

Is the team doing a misdirection here? Are the reports of injury over reaching to gain an advantage with their next opponent? How does that play out in the mind of a team preparing to go up against a player who is not 100%. Maybe the player isn't 100% but is being listed as "questionable" when he's 98%, or higher. Tactics????

I would think you'd go after weakened areas. Maybe change coverages, maybe the game plan is altered. Maybe the idea is to lull the opponent into a state of complacency so attacks will be over here rather than there.

I'll bet there is quite of this happening throughout the NFL.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2013 03:52AM

Mind games. Belichick has been doing this for years.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 21, 2013 04:02AM

Whatever it is I don't like it because it's not something that is done for the betterment of the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.