HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My thoughts, good and bad....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My thoughts, good and bad....
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 01:24PM

Today was a big win, we went 2-0 for the first time in a long time. And we beat and held off a guy who in his short career is famous for coming back in the 4thqt... We scored 24 points, once again this is in the wheelhouse we need to be in from our offense to win more games then last year... Last year we scored 20 against Luck and lost, this year we scored 24 and won... Wallace is an asset and it showed today as the coaches heavily involved him in the game plan as most expected... The run game was an asset and helped us today... The only real knocks I have on the offense, is to me I saw a difference in how RT handled the pocket and Luck did. Luck chose to run and gain yardage always moving in the pocket. RT on at least one of his sacks stood frozen in one spot for 5 seconds before getting sacked.. RT still has a ways to go on how he works the pockets and helps his offensive line... Also the tipped passes and easily timed low release or whatever they say about it, reared its head again, with a few tipped passes today.. Overall, RT had a good game, and put more points on the board then Luck, for us and him that was a great achievement despite the knocks so dont get me wrong...

The defense, the linebackers got exploited at times in the run game... And Jimmy Wilson got exploited in the passing game a few times... Carroll did decent but we are much stronger with him as our 3rd rather then 2nd. We missed what Patterson brought last week a bit in the passing game... Clemons brick hands dropped a pass that could have all but ended the game... Grimes is beast, while he got beat by TY Hilton, he also helped seal the game and 2nd to last drive by Luck with the int in the end zone over Wayne..Every time somebody throws at Grimes, you feel like he has a real shot at taking the ball away.. Really like his game so far...
Finally Sturgis, the UF kicker, what an ice man today... Back to back 54 yard kicks, those kicks were also the difference in the game.. Had we been 21-20, Colts kick a FG to take the lead... So hats off to the rookie for showing up strong today..... Carpenter would not have made those kicks IMO... Anyhow, those are my thoughts on the game.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My thoughts, good and bad....
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 01:51PM

Agree, but we used to give up game winning score on those late drives. Thought we were after Clemons dropped the ball but we got enough pass rush on Luck. Nice win.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 15, 2013 02:42PM

I'm thrilled that we won this game. With all the commentary about Luck coming from behind so many times in his career, I surely expected another come from behind victory. We hung in there and did enough to thwart that effort. Our team is improving...little by little. 2-0 is good. smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 02:50PM

smileys with beer

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 15, 2013 06:10PM

Great points Crowder52! I especially agree Grimes is a beast! I am a happy Dolphan today. For the first time in a long while I actually had HOPE and CONFIDENCE that we could stop the Colts in the 4th and win. We did just that. Thank you defense for pulling me back from the brink of despair! smileys with beer Let's keep it going!

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 07:02PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our team is improving...little by little. 2-0 is good. smileys with beer

True. After so many years of frustration, I DEMAND to see Miami have a dominant team... but this year won't be it. There are still too many stalled drives and o-line problems.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 16, 2013 04:06AM

It was a great win for sure.

Tannehill still has some work to do. Still decides where he is going before the ball is snapped.

There was one play early where Miller ran a wheel route outside. NO ONE picked him up and he was wide open running down the sidelines, but TAnnehill had already decided to force it to Hartline.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 16, 2013 04:11AM

So you were expecting perfection from Tannehill? He still has room to grow and still had a 107.4 QB rating.

Definitely needs to develop a pocket presence....maybe he needs to talk to Marino.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 16, 2013 06:43AM

For the most part -- Thill played good ball and didn't look outclassed being on the same field as Luck.

We could have just as easily lost the game -- but Indy was also getting most of all the calls and breaks…

D was not a impressive in a consistent manner -- but they ramped up the pressure and could have had 3 or 4 more sacks…

Wallace got off and showed his potential impact.

LaMarvelous is going to break some long gains -- the kid just needs a crack and he gets into high gear FAST. Loved the way he ran around the corner for the TD against Davis!

Significantly better coaching design on the O and Kevin Coyle is not afraid to ramp up the blitz when it's money time… As he promised to do -- he's giving out athletic guys opportunities to make plays…

Why is Luck so difficult to get down??? Wow. The kid is seriously sturdy and a terrific athlete. By comparison -- Thill seems flimsy and rather fragile…

Great win. Congratulations ALL around.

BNF.

Date: September 16, 2013 08:28AM

Date: September 16, 2013 08:35AM

Date: September 16, 2013 08:46AM

Eesti- how does what you posted have anything to do with my topic? I dont get it? You didnt even write any of it?

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 08:48AM by Crowder52.

Date: September 16, 2013 09:02AM

Date: September 16, 2013 09:06AM

it's all good, yes?

News on the Dolphins and impressions...

BNF.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 16, 2013 09:15AM

Yeah eesti, you're being way too positive for Crowders liking

Date: September 16, 2013 10:55AM

Why would I be crying? The Dolphins won, if you read my post it was positive... I just also brought up what I saw good and bad... Nothing you posted addressed any of it... You just posted word for word what Peter King wrote in his Monday morning QB.. I guess your own thoughts were to much to ask for...

Dolph- sorry I didn't post the leave it beaver outlook.. But I think I was more then Fair and realistic with my thoughts and topic... The leave it to beaver crew just like to post nonsense rather then honest assessments... And then post somebody else's thoughts off topic rather then address the topic that was posted not use ones own words...ok buddy

Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 16, 2013 11:10AM

eesti,

Please keep your quotes to a few lines plus a link.

Thanks
JC

Date: September 16, 2013 11:21AM

Date: September 16, 2013 11:23AM

tannehill stats from yesterday's game: 23-for-34 for 319 yards and one touchdown performance, giving him a 107.4 passer rating.

Date: September 16, 2013 11:36AM

You're gonna have to explain the "Leave it to Beaver" analogy there champ, not sure how me starting a thread about Tannehills improved leadership is tied into Ward, Eddie, Wally and the Beav in any way, shape or form, but I'm sure you'll be glad to explain it me. Maybe it's a local Miami inside joke that us outsiders just can't understand.eye rolling smiley

Date: September 16, 2013 11:51AM

Sure Dolph old pal I will be happy to explain it to you.....Leave it to Beaver was a not a realist view of life it was this corny cheesy, outlook that ignored reality of what was really going on during the time... IT was this way mainly because it was being told through an immature, simple, childs point of view...Life through the eyes of someone that had not put on his big boy pants yet... SO everything is gee golly wiz, Beaver, he is just swell..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 11:58AM by Crowder52.

Date: September 16, 2013 11:57AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> crowder 52 i agree about carpenter. I also do not
> think he makes that 54 yard field goal.
>
> As far as tannehill i rather have him be a pocket
> qb, like dan was. We just need a better Oline
> thats all.
>

>
> Back to tannehill and him scrambling like luck.
>
> I really do not like the idea of him scrambling
> like luck and risking injury. I know tannehill
> used to be a receiver and he is big and tall and
> can take a hit but i wouldn't take a chance since
> the QB position is the most important position on
> a team. Straight up.
>
> ________________________________
>
> Overall give tanehill a god Oline and watch him
> flourish.
>
> Again this Oline stinks really bad....That clabo
> is getting to my nerves.

They want RT to have a pocket presence... I am not saying we want him to be Mike Vick or RG3... But standing in one spot holding the ball for close to 5 seconds until he gets plowed is surely not what the coaches want out of him either... If you dont have a guy open in 2.5 seconds, run and slide or run out of bounds and pick up 4-7 yards... RT seems to get so caught up looking for a WR down field, he tends to forgets where he is and whether or not he is doing his part to avoid pressure... You got to keep your eyes downfield, but be able to feel the pressure and slide one way or another to avoid it... Step up into the pocket or step away from pressure, is what RT needs to learn how to do.. Dropping back in the pocket and standing there is not what Philbin nor Sherman want I promise you that... He had a problem last year not stepping up into the pocket or working with the pocket, IMO he still has those issues... The kid had a great game done get me wrong but he still has a long way to go...

Nietzsche

Date: September 16, 2013 11:58AM

Oh I got it, so anything positive posted about our young signal caller is unrealistic and cheesy, but anything negative is spot on.......got it.

Date: September 16, 2013 12:01PM

As far as I'm concerned I've always adored beaver with that "fresh as a spawning salmon" scent.

Quite yummy in the morning. In the good ole summertime.

Other than that -- on a totally N F L football serious observational point:

IMO right now if this here Miami Dolphin Football Franchise had a dominant OL (i.e., near the spec of the DL) we'd be as apt to make the Stupid Bowl as any other team in the AFC.

And speaking of the Stupid Bowl -- I personally hope its a total blizzard and the game has to be "relocated" outside of the arctic zone and brought back to MY YAMMIE like its supposed to be!!!

Go MY YAMMIE!

Go BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 12:02PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: September 16, 2013 12:01PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Oh I got it, so anything positive posted about our
> young signal caller is unrealistic and cheesy, but
> anything negative is spot on.......got it.

Buddy I said positive things about him, I just also brought up that which I saw that needed improvement from the him and the team.. And pretty much most would agree... You cant put your head in the dirt and hope it goes away by ignoring it... Maybe I should call that the Leave it to Beaver/Ostrich theory

Nietzsche

Date: September 16, 2013 12:09PM

Again, your opinion = in general negative is OK.........my opinion = in general positive is mocked.....got it! Thanks for the clarification Omar......er, I mean Crowder

Date: September 16, 2013 12:25PM

Dolph- it just doesnt hold a lot of weight with me, because you dont seem to be much of an honest broker about him... Everything is how great he is, and attack those that mention anything that isn't 100 percent positive... So it is kind of BS in my book... Did RT not have some issues in the pocket and avoiding the rush? Did RT not have problems with tip passes again yesterday? Well that is all I mentioned, and i get comments like what you expect perfection...Or you are too positive for Crowder....
I didnt know I needed to close my eyes and ignore reality for you guys... Just curious, why do you and eesti even bother to post in this topic.. What did you add to the conversation other then BS crap that has nothing to do with what I posted... I give you alot more credit then eesti, at least you posted your own words... He just copied and pasted MMQB word for word and posted it in my topic...lol...

Nietzsche

Date: September 16, 2013 12:31PM

So my addition to this thread is (hold please, I gotta go back and look) "BS crap that has nothing to do with what you posted", but your "Leave it to beaver" comment in my thread was relevant.........got it!

Date: September 16, 2013 12:34PM

No that it matters...but...I thought Mr. Chowder had a pretty dang "neutral" assessment.

I mean if you listen to Philbin -- he's pointing out the - as much as the +.

So Mr. Chowder seems to be optimistically skeptical.

Not such a bad course of action. IMO.

Date: September 16, 2013 12:35PM

My topic....my thread....my Miami...lol

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.