HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The next 4 weeks...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The next 4 weeks...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 13, 2013 05:09AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The next 4 weeks...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 05:14AM

I think 2.

Looking at who we play i'd be happy if we win two games.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 13, 2013 05:28AM

This is really a key game.

If we win this week, we set ourselves up with a good shot to be 3-2 at the break.

If we win this week I think we get one more of the next 3 and get to 3-2 at the bye.

If we lose this week, I think we are looking at 1-4 unless we can pickoff the Ravens.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 06:29AM

1 for sure, 2 if this team is ready to go to the next level, 3 if this team is beyond the level I thought possible...4 if Marino in his prime was here. I will vote for 1 for now, but hoping for 4.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 08:26AM

Last season was frustrating when we were losing the games that we should have won (Titans) and we were winning a few of the games that we were picked to lose (Seattle). This year we got the easy game out of the way with a win. I predict we'll split the tough games on the backs of a stout defense and a surprise offense.

Date: September 13, 2013 08:37AM

Eesti you had to make this thread also for posters like mia1 and dolphin...

you forgot the first option buddy!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2013 08:39AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:01PM

I expected them to win the opener and then split the next 4... Lets see what happens... I think Sherman is pretty good at making adjustments, and should get the running game going this week... If he doesn't, we have serious problems... On the other hand, if we win this one... Then I think we have a real shot at exceeding my expectations...

on a side note, it is nice to see Patterson and Will Davis both practicing again...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:09PM

I expected to win vs Cleveland then drop the next 3 and rebound against the Ravens before the break. BUT seeing the Falcons are struggling we may steal that one. And, to be honest the Colts didn't look that hot last week...dare I hope for 2-3 of the next 4??? This week will tell whether we are for real IMO.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:21PM

I tabbed 4 because I'm an insatiable optimist and can never have sufficient "fours."

Like last night with my lady squeeze doin 4 on the floor!
Oh yea. Big. Nasty. Fishy.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:48PM

I say we will beat the Colts and Falcons and be sitting pretty at 3-0.

THEN, however, the Saints game will be a toss up but I still think we will lose to the Ravens. Their defense is STILL too good for us to overcome being that we have no running game and a shaky passing game at best and given that Ryan is an in the pocket QB and our pass blocking sucks big time.

So either 3-1 or 2-2.

Date: September 13, 2013 02:11PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 13, 2013 04:37PM

Well, I'd like to claim all games as Dolphins victories, except, that's not realistic at all with our lousy running game.

I do believe we can make a strong bid to win each game--they all should be close in my estimation. However, I think the only game we will win is against the Ravens. We should beat Flacco and company.

My position is based on the lackluster Oline and their less than sterling run blocking for our RBs. No running game kills our chances to be more balanced on offense. If the blocking improves and the yards on the ground drastically increase we may beat the Saints.

My guess we'll be 2-3 at the bye.

Date: September 13, 2013 05:51PM

It will be interesting to visit this thread after week 5.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 05:39AM

I fully expect Miami to be at least 4-1. They have the defense to keep them in every game. If they fail to be 4-1 (or 3-2 at worst), it will be because of the offense's lack of scoring. The blame for that will fall on either Sherman and his poor playcalling / use of personnel to their strengths or Ireland's inability to get enough talent on the offense. Personally, I think that Sherman is holding this offense back and needs to go.

Date: September 15, 2013 10:06AM

Well, the offense started out decent in the 1st quarter, but hasn't done anything since. And, the defense can't get to Luck, and TEs are killing them. So much for 4-1.

Date: September 15, 2013 10:10AM

so much for 4-0 for much for even 2-2....id settle for 1-4.....maybe 1-4......im not sure of even that with the way we are playing......

Date: September 15, 2013 10:22AM

I really hope I'm wrong!

Date: September 15, 2013 10:24AM

gofins60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really hope I'm wrong!

definetely agree...me too..

Date: September 16, 2013 04:23AM

The good news is that Atlanta and New Orleans both look beatable now. NO struggled vs the Bucs defense.

NE plays the Bucs this week in NE.

As of today we are the highest scoring team in our division and have allowed the fewest points (tied with NY @ 30).

We are 3rd in the AFC in NET POINTS (KC and Den). 5th in the AFC in points scored.

Buffalo travels to NY to play the Jets this week.

First week was Dimitri Patterson vs his former team.

Second week was wheeler vs his former team.

3rd week Grimes vs his former team.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 24, 2013 01:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say we will beat the Colts and Falcons and be
> sitting pretty at 3-0.
>
> THEN, however, the Saints game will be a toss up
> but I still think we will lose to the Ravens.
> Their defense is STILL too good for us to overcome
> being that we have no running game and a shaky
> passing game at best and given that Ryan is an in
> the pocket QB and our pass blocking sucks big
> time.
>
> So either 3-1 or 2-2.

So far I'm 100%. Let's hope I am wrong about one or both of the next two.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 24, 2013 03:13PM

And let it be written. The ChairmenB has spoken!

4 and Oh my freaking golly looks difficult -- but my homerism is NOT waning!

BTW dear Chowder -- "waning" is akin to: receeding or decreasing in size and/or scope. As if my yammie mojo is ebbing or diminishing.

You're welcome for the vocab promotinal moment!

BNF.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 25, 2013 09:44AM

The Fins have an excellent shot at being 4-0, but they really need to pick it up on both sides of the ball.

On offense, the line has to get their act together and protect RT better and also open up more holes on a much more consistent basis.

What is the deal with RT and Wallace? Are the coaches not letting RT go down the field....is the line just not giving him enough time to get it to Wallace....is Wallace just not getting open quick enough....is RT not even looking for him....? Gotta get it down the field at least twice per game to keep the defense honest.

On defense, as was mentioned in a separate thread, the opposing team's running game has to be shut down better than what it has been. Need a better scheme....stop out thinking themselves...tackle and not hit....Gotta get our DBs playing better. The opposing receivers are getting too wide open; there isn't a Dolphins defender within 5 yards of the receiver on some plays.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.