HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins-Bucs Preaseason thread 2013
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Phins-Bucs Preaseason thread 2013
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:01PM

hartline had anothe rreception for 15

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 24, 2013 04:02PM

hartline reception.....3rd and 3timeout phins...

Date: August 24, 2013 04:03PM

pass completdgibson........pass completed to gibson in the endzone for td......

Date: August 24, 2013 04:09PM

sturgis kicks it deep no return 10 seconds left.....i tell you gibson is going to make a whole lot of plays this year....

run goes for 2 yards...no time left on the clock...

HALFTIME

MIAMI LEADS IT 13-10

for as manyistakes wehave made tonight....we winning at halftime against a very good team...

tannehillis doing the right thing not giving the int away.....this defense is going to keep us in games all i ask of him is not give game away......hes had a pro bowl type passing game so far.....and on john jerrys return...COINKIDENCE>..I think not.

His best passing game of the pre season so far.

Date: August 24, 2013 04:14PM

maybe one of you guys cab take it from here....

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:24PM

It's halftime folks. The team is looking good except for a few gaffs on special teams. See you at the end of the game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:43PM

Haven't seen the game and I will see it on rerun that I will tape at 4am Sunday morning.

I have intentionally not read any of the above threads, so I will see you guys tomorrow morning.

Date: August 24, 2013 04:43PM

I heard Mr. S. Ross Speak from the broadcasting booth. He seemed enthused about what is happening on the field. It's good to see that in an owner.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 24, 2013 06:01PM

4 turnovers....

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 06:43PM

TE position is UGLY

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 25, 2013 03:03AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> help me out when you can chrowder....i might have
> to use the PP room soon........ive had to many
> drinks tonight....my wife bought some huge bottle
> of hennesy....we getting our groove on.

OK, all of these post are pretty comical, but this one made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! You crack me up sometimes Sam

Date: August 25, 2013 03:11AM

I vote that SamSam has to do play by play for every game, even when we all get to see it. I felt like I was sitting in the stadiumsmileys with beer

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 25, 2013 06:23AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I vote that SamSam has to do play by play for
> every game, even when we all get to see it. I felt
> like I was sitting in the stadiumsmileys with beer

SamSam you're the Cuban Jim Mandich (and that is a compliment of course!). I think we've finally found his replacement (no disrespect to Bob Griese)!

Date: August 25, 2013 07:56AM

Good Job Sam.........smileys with beer

One thing I'm seeing is Tannihill is going to be a great QB for us. Player are dropping beautiful passes but as soon as they mesh a bit , Our passing game should be fine. Running game has flashes of brilliance. Its a work in progress. It comes down to that Oline.

I was sad to see Grey fumble the ball at the end of the 4th quarter. I really liked him. But Turnovers Kill teams. Our Defense looked great early on when the starting line up was on the field. There is some talent in that group on the bubble. I see Lane being dumped sooner then later. If Grey can block I'd really like to see him make the team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 25, 2013 12:46PM

I am not sure Treasure, RT has to get better at redzone... If he cant get the ball punched in there with the guys on the roster we are going to have a problem IMO.... Keller was going to be the redzone guy IMO... Fasano caught more TD's then anyone last year and Keller was a better receiving redzone TE then Fasano... Clay fell short and is not that big TE target in the redone at least from what I saw last night... It doesnt matter how well RT moves the ball if we keep kicking field goals, ala Sparano era issues... I do like that RT came out on target as he did and moved the ball on the first drive....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 01:32PM by Crowder52.

Date: August 25, 2013 01:22PM

Baby steps Crowder, he's showing improvement, what more can you really ask for?

Date: August 26, 2013 04:39AM

LOL...guys.....thats play by play for you all till halftime.

I will try and do play by play thursday untill my wife gets a hold of the tv and the dam soap opera....she cant miss william levy and $H!T you know. I tell her i can't wait till the next american idol so i can get a hold of that suculent jenifer lopez.

i will do play by play from 7:30 till 9.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 26, 2013 05:18AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I am not sure Treasure, RT has to get better at
> redzone... If he cant get the ball punched in
> there with the guys on the roster we are going to
> have a problem IMO.... Keller was going to be the
> redzone guy IMO... Fasano caught more TD's then
> anyone last year and Keller was a better receiving
> redzone TE then Fasano... Clay fell short and is
> not that big TE target in the redone at least from
> what I saw last night... It doesnt matter how well
> RT moves the ball if we keep kicking field goals,
> ala Sparano era issues... I do like that RT came
> out on target as he did and moved the ball on the
> first drive....

Gibson dropped a sure TD (on 3rd and 5) so Tannehill did punch it in there but it does no good if the receiver won't catch the ball.

Another reoccurring problem this preseason has been penalties. It's just to hard to get in a groove when you have these bonehead penalties...

Mike Wallace with a false start. Really? a WR?

Jon Martin not lining up on the line of scrimmage? Stupid...and those two were in the span of three plays.

I've really grown weary of Charles Clay. He is just not a receiver. He can't catch the ball, let alone block. Do we really want to rely on this guy? HE is very consistent at one thing...dropping the ball in key situations.

This was his shot to step up and just hang on to the spot that was being handed to him....and he choked. 6 targets and 1 lousy reception. I would trade or cut or demote this guy. He just cannot be depended on to perform. Next man up. Cuts are coming this week so I am signing the best TE I can and getting rid of the dead weight.

The blocking was below par as well. I think we will get better as the same guys get to play together.

I do think Tannehill is taking too many sacks. Especially for a guy who is as athletic as he is...I hope he can develop some pocket presence as he gets more comfortable.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 26, 2013 06:55AM

Date: August 26, 2013 07:23AM

Overall tannehill had his best passing game yet of pre season...Players need to hold on to the football and he will be just fine. Gibson and wallace both had drops...Could have caught it.

Hopefully john jerry didnt had no ill effects from his injury and can start the season...

Did you guys see john jerry pancake someone right in to the ground..He threw the guy on the ground and bodyslammed right in top of him...

IMO just one player on the OLine that we miss is huge. And if john jerry can play he will make a huge difference.

We are set to start season if john jerry can play.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 26, 2013 09:23AM

Date: August 26, 2013 09:52AM

on the positive side, it looks like we finally have a PassRUSH!! it was my chief complaint with the DOlphin Defense for years, our guys were too slow and predictable to catch up with the QB. But in this preseason game the pressure was on! Another great thing I saw is our D lineman sticking their hands hop and batting down a pass or two. Little things like that make the difference in a Win or Loss. I truly am enjoying watching the Defense.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 26, 2013 09:56AM

I missed the sticking hands up, Toko. Couple of times I saw they didn't but maybe I missed the times you saw.

Date: August 26, 2013 12:35PM

Date: August 26, 2013 01:44PM

eesti, TCP- we had at least ten plays inside the 20 on the first drive and couldnt get it punched in... The 3rd and goal from the 5, I believe you are talking about was not to Gibson but Hartline...He was heavily covered and the ball was high and behind him.. That drop was hardly on Hartline, he barely got one hand on it as he reached back and away with a guy all over him... It wasnt a good pass at all. Had he lead him a bit, which is where the ball should have went it had a chance but off the mark behind him and high doesnt work when you are covered like a glove in the end zone ..Lets not selectively retreat back to blaming everything on everybody else but RT... That play was on RT.. I will give him that the red zone run game was no better then the passing game on that drive... But his pass protection was pretty solid on that drive...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 02:11PM by Crowder52.

Date: August 26, 2013 02:05PM

Ok- eesti- I saw the Gibson pass on 3rd and 5 on the 4th drive.. Gibson could have caught that but again the ball was behind him and he tried to rotate his body back and dropped it... It was hardly a great throw in that coverage but it was definitely catchable... The announcers even said on the play, every ball is not going to be a perfect pass you need to bail your QB out... IMO that is not exactly the definition of punching it in..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 02:07PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:13PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> eesti, TCP- we had at least ten plays inside the
> 20 on the first drive and couldnt get it punched
> in... The 3rd and goal from the 5, I believe you
> are talking about was not to Gibson but
> Hartline...He was heavily covered and the ball was
> high and behind him.. That drop was hardly on
> Hartline, he barely got one hand on it as he
> reached back and away with a guy all over him...
> It wasnt a good pass at all. Had he lead him a
> bit, which is where the ball should have went it
> had a chance but off the mark behind him and high
> doesnt work when you are covered like a glove in
> the end zone .. Guys lets not selectively retreat
> back to blaming everything on everybody else but
> RT... That play was on RT. It is clear as day go
> back and look.. I will give him that the red zone
> run game was no better then the passing game on
> that drive... But his pass protection was pretty
> solid on that drive...

Hartline's wasn't a drop. The defender made a nice play and knocked it away.

They were talking about the 2nd scoring drive for a FG, Crowder. Gibson had a shot the same pass that Hartline had tipped a way, and he flat out dropped it.

It really should have been 17-0 at the half.

As for our red zone offense, I don't think people should read too much into it. We ran on 1st and 2nd down inside the 10 most of the time. I think the staff saw this as an opportunity to see where their running game was at by trying to shove it down the throat of the best run defense in the league.

I don't see us going run, run, pass on first and goal at the 5 very often this year and I have no problems with the staff not wanting to show what plays they WOULD run in that situation if the game mattered. Lots of ways to skin a cat in those situations: Bootlegs, rollouts, play action, 4 wide, 5 wide, QB draws, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 02:18PM by THE Truth.

Date: August 26, 2013 02:16PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Baby steps Crowder, he's showing improvement, what
> more can you really ask for?

I agree he didnt have a bad game but the red zone passing game was such a problem last year.... IMO, the redzone will define RT as a QB this year... IF I were the coaches I would be practicing redzone more then anything else.... We dont look very good at it, just like last year... I will be happy if we do see some baby steps in the red zone.... But I havent seen them yet... In fact the red zone run game looked worse then last year... Which doesnt help... It seems TB stacked the box against us and dared us to throw...

Nietzsche

Date: August 26, 2013 02:19PM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Hartline's wasn't a drop. The defender made a
> nice play and knocked it away.
>

Truth- it wasn't a good pass, the ball was behind him and high and he was heavily covered... Even the announcers said it wasnt an accurate pass...

Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:22PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hartline's wasn't a drop. The defender made a
> > nice play and knocked it away.
> >
>
> Truth- it wasn't a good pass, the ball was behind
> him and high and he was heavily covered... Even
> the announcers said it wasnt an accurate pass...

I wasn't really claiming it was a good pass, only that it wasn't a drop. It could have, and probably would have, been caught if the defender didn't get a piece of it. Better throw and the defender doesn't have a shot...like the throw he made to Gibson a series or two later.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.