HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For all the Tanne-haters
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
For all the Tanne-haters
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For all the Tanne-haters
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:27PM

It is a good article, the guy has a lot of the attributes you want in a QB. I am looking forward to see how he does in the first half of the season. It will be a true test for him, no hiding in those first 6 games or so..
I am worried he isnt as far along down that development path as some would like to believe... I think with Wallace and Keller that was going to really help him in the redzone... Without Keller that gives me a little concern, how well his red zone passing game will be.. Last year it was pretty dismal, so he really needed a good push in that area...

His rocket TD to Wallace last week was a good sign.. I am not some Tannehill fanboy, but on that pass he looked like Marino...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:40PM

RT will be fine...we'll get to see exactly what we have in Clay, Simms and more importantly in Egnew this season.

If we don't have a very solid season from one of them (50+ catches for 600+ yards and 8+ TD's) we'll have to go TE in the first, or at the latest second rounds, this coming May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 01:40PM by Ken.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 03:25PM

And since i really do not want to start another thread...about tannehill and clutter this site.......

I think nobody has noticed....he has not had one single batted pass this preaseason. At least i cannot recall one batted pass so far.

That was one of his weaknesses last year.

Date: August 23, 2013 03:58PM

SamSam- I am pretty sure he had a batted pass in the opener HOF game... But that was probably from rust with his release point right at the beginning of training camp... In the article, I like that RT said he was focused on his feet and that is where a lot of his mistakes started from last season from his film study... I agree, for a big athletic guy his feet are not that quick, he needs to learn to be quick with his feet like a boxer... In the open field rolling out with his big strides he is great but in the tight spot shuffling small quick steps not so much..He also tends to put his head down in those tight spots instead of keep his head up and look for the open hole. He needs to be training hard for those quick feet which is not easy for a big guy like him...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 23, 2013 04:53PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is a good article, the guy has a lot of the
> attributes you want in a QB. I am looking forward
> to see how he does in the first half of the
> season. It will be a true test for him, no hiding
> in those first 6 games or so..
> I am worried he isnt as far along down that
> development path as some would like to believe...
> I think with Wallace and Keller that was going to
> really help him in the redzone... Without Keller
> that gives me a little concern, how well his red
> zone passing game will be.. Last year it was
> pretty dismal, so he really needed a good push in
> that area...
>
> His rocket TD to Wallace last week was a good
> sign.. I am not some Tannehill fanboy, but on that
> pass he looked like Marino...

Good post. But I can only say Marino-ish or maybe Marino-like, but not LIKE Marino. Sorry for the semantic slice and dice but NO ONE will ever be "like Marino."

But yea. That throw specifically demonstrated a dimension to Thill's game that potentially eclipses ALL the QBs drafted in his class. And the kid still could emerge as The Best of that class...

However, in the temperament of your post -- it is ill-advised to expect that degree of development from Thill. Tho he shows "signs" of "significant greatness" at the potential level...

Like the song said.

Whatever will be will be.

And this season we'll see.

BNF. And rhyming fine. Most of the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 04:56PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: August 24, 2013 05:01AM

SamSam- I am pretty sure he had a batted pass in the opener HOF game...

My wife changing the channels and i missed it....I dont want to miss a single bit of the games this year...Luckily almost every game is on sunday. So i should have no problem on sundays.

Date: August 24, 2013 05:07AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 24, 2013 01:09PM

I'd like the kid to be successful--a hit, a star. Only time will tell if he has the receivers to make completions. If both occur, we will be happy, because that translates into (more likely, than not) wins. Go Dolphins! thumbs up

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 26, 2013 04:19AM

I'm still not sold on him. Not sure what you guys are seeing or certainly want to see. He decides where he is going to throw the ball before the snap. He throws in to double coverage when another receiver is open.

Watch Kapernich scan the field and then watch Tannehill lock on to his initial read. Vast difference.

I want him to be great as he seems like a great kid, but I am just not seeing it.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 26, 2013 04:55AM

Tannehill is 34-for-56 passing (61%) for 377 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions and a 90 QB rating for the entire PS.

He also had at least two TD's passes dropped.

For someone who locks on to his receiver and throws into double coverage....that's not too bad.

BTW...I just watched Kaepernicks highlights from this week. I saw about 6 passes. He stared the receiver down the whole way on about 5 of those passes and looked off the defensive back on 1.

I don't know what you expect from Tannehill at this pont but you have to realize that he is still a very young QB. He basically has about the same number of starts at QB as a rookie QB coming into the NFL. Looking off the safety is just one of the nuances of the position that may take some time. I can see if you want to judge him for doing that IF he is throwing interceptions BUT HE IS NOT. He has throw ZERO ints in the last 4 games.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 26, 2013 05:57AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 26, 2013 06:04AM

Kaepernick is an great athlete playing QB -- but he's no great coitusback at this point.

San Fran has a power running game matched with read option and a pretty simple pass offense. Kaepernick looks for someone wide open or he runs...

I say bring back Steve Grogan -- he'd be great in today's game!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: August 26, 2013 06:32AM

Willie Beamen played pretty impressive for half a season. Let's see what happens now that opposing defenses have some tape on the kid. I assume he will still be pretty good but you never know.

.....................................................................................

Date: August 27, 2013 12:00PM

BNF i wonder sometimes how good tannehill could had been in a team like the 9ers.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:20PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> BNF i wonder sometimes how good tannehill could
> had been in a team like the 9ers.

Pretty sure his best chance at success is running his college offense for his college coach??????

Date: August 27, 2013 02:48PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BNF i wonder sometimes how good tannehill could
> > had been in a team like the 9ers.
>
>
> Pretty sure his best chance at success is running
> his college offense for his college coach??????

Maybe, but Harbaugh built Luck into what he is, redeemed Alex Smith from being a bust, and made a young 2nd rd Draft pick lead him to the Superbowl... I wouldnt discount that Harbaugh sure seems like a QB wizard at least from my cheap seats...

Nietzsche

Date: September 05, 2013 08:03AM

Ryan Tannehill had a 121.3 passer rating in the red zone over his last seven games with five touchdowns while getting picked off once over his final four games.

Looks like his so called "red zone struggles" are improving....

Date: September 05, 2013 09:38AM

I just don't understand why there would be any hater's about T-HILL. The kid looks a lot better this pre-season.

He got the extra week of practice with HOF game. T-Hill looks amazing and I'm super excited for Sunday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.