HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Any TE's worth a damn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any TE's worth a damn
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 25, 2013 12:36PM

I have to agree with Finshady--Charles Clay is not the answer at TE. In fact, I had hoped he would be a good sub for Fasano (when we had him) and that really never panned out. After watching him play against TB, my vote is cast to trade or cut him. He's not a full back and he's not a very capable TE. Whatever athleticism he possess doesn't show up on game day. If we can't trade him--I say dump him.

I don't see Egnew stepping up either. Time to try another group of prospects.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 26, 2013 05:30AM

Get rid of the kid. He had his chance(s) and blew it. Let the next man step up. Clay cannot be counted on!

The pressure was on and he knew it. This was his opprtunity to shine. Howdid he handle it? 6 targets, 1 completion. If he can't handle the pressure of a PS game then he can't handle the big time...he has show that time and again. He will cost us a win if we depend on him...I guarantee it.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 26, 2013 07:38AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 26, 2013 01:53PM

Any one check the waiver wire today? Their had to be some quality tightends caught up in a numbers games?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:16PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any one check the waiver wire today? Their had to
> be some quality tightends caught up in a numbers
> games?

I think you might have to wait until next week shady.

Its unlikely someone good gets cut this week. Smarter for the other team to keep them in case of injury for one more week after holding onto them this long.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 26, 2013 05:12PM

I doubt we're gonna find anyone that's an upgrade at this point, plus they probably wont sign anybody until after the first week. I think we're grasping at straws guys.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 26, 2013 05:32PM

No we have a glut of defensive linemen some teams have too mant TE's. It makes sense however this franchise sometimes place dollars over sense. I hope this time that is not the case.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 27, 2013 03:25AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No we have a glut of defensive linemen some teams
> have too mant TE's. It makes sense however this
> franchise sometimes place dollars over sense. I
> hope this time that is not the case.

If you are going to trade player for player there are other considerations. Its not Madden football where system doesn't matter.

For us to trade for a TE with a team that has a glut of them they need to play a 4-3, they need to have a hole at DT (we arent trading a DE) and they need to have the salary cap space to fit the player...not too mention they need to actually like the player.

Its not impossible to find a team like that, but there aren't going to be many, if any, trading partners who would give a TE for a DT.

If we did a trade its like going to be for a draft pick. And based on Ireland's history in that regard, its not likely.

Date: August 27, 2013 03:32AM

Date: August 27, 2013 04:18AM

Date: August 27, 2013 05:19AM

True, if you are "expecting" them to start right away but that should not keep you from adding a more talented player if he replaces a player at the bottom of your roster. If our 3rd or 4th TE is never going to see the field then why not increase the talent pool? Especially if he has the potential to compete for a starting role down the line.

I wasn't suggesting any one player as any 3 of those 4 not named Dickson could be released.

Besides, Clay knows the offense but what good is he if he can't catch the ball?

You should always be searching for that Antonio Gates/Kurt Warner/London Fletcher type player.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 27, 2013 06:06AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 27, 2013 10:06AM

The real question is how can Fireland and Phumblin be so piss poor at picking tight ends with Clay and Egnew. Keller was a great acquisition and let's see about Dion Sims but those two aren't "worth the powder it takes to blow them to hell" (to quote Tim Conway).

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:20PM

It used to be that a team wouldn't keep a lot of TEs. Now they seem to be putting 3 TEs on the field at one time for some formations.

Hoping someone has a glut of talent there and we can get an upgrade at some point. We need one bad and don't have anyone on the roster that looks like the answer to me.

Everyone but the FINS have a quality TE if not 2 of them.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.