HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OMG!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OMG!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:40PM

Barf! Barf! Barf! SOS. Same old team. What garbage! Doesn't matter 1st preseason. Whatever. 100% PUKE. Really an embarrassment.

Thill looked awful. Suck WRs. Trash RB. D getting slashed. Dumb focker turnovers. Bad execution. Pathetic coaching.

I'd have to say. Freaking vintage "Dolphin" football.

BNF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2013 04:41PM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OMG!
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:47PM

Yeah BUTT,, didn't you like the new uniforms?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 04, 2013 07:11PM

IDIOTS UNITE!!

Date: August 04, 2013 08:57PM

OK....it didn't go as expected, but com on BNF, Your not being fair.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 04, 2013 10:04PM

Ditto...

Date: August 04, 2013 11:17PM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 05, 2013 03:22AM

different players same results

Posted by: KB ()
Date: August 05, 2013 03:59AM

Yea, its hard to write it off as 'JUST the pre-season' when it looked so completely like last season. ugh.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 05, 2013 04:50AM

Macece dolphin is loving it LMAO.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 10, 2013 04:04PM

Ever notice that some of the more negative posters seem to disappear for a while when the team does well??????????

Date: August 10, 2013 09:22PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever notice that some of the more negative posters
> seem to disappear for a while when the team does
> well??????????

LOL. Looking forward to it , because this is only the beginning. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 11, 2013 05:25AM

Umm, may I point out that it was Jacksonville, rebuilding with a brand new rookie head coach and staff. If we had not beat them handily I'd be right out there on the ledge alongside BNF questioning Philbin's ability to get the team ready to play.
On Saturday, in the first quarter, we'll get a much better insight on how well the team is progressing.

Date: August 11, 2013 06:57AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Umm, may I point out that it was Jacksonville,
> rebuilding with a brand new rookie head coach and
> staff. If we had not beat them handily I'd be
> right out there on the ledge alongside BNF
> questioning Philbin's ability to get the team
> ready to play.
> On Saturday, in the first quarter, we'll get a
> much better insight on how well the team is
> progressing.

I'm glad we agree Hooligan........don't get to excited over a meaningless pre-season gamespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 11, 2013 07:29AM

Didn't see the game but the final score seems a bit "tilted," yes?

The O didn't do crap with Thill for the most part -- so I don't think anything was definitively resolved (other than the fact we should have a playmaking D).

But like I said at the beginning of the week -- the housecats are absolutely horrible and we should destroy them. The yardage stats are no where near as lopsided as the score would suggest. So yea, we won -- but I don't think it was any MAJOR step in the right direction…

Date: August 11, 2013 08:52AM

LOL. Complaining when we LOSE in the Pre season , and Now complaining that we win big in the Pre season? You guys are pathetic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 11, 2013 09:01AM

BNF- you a right it wasnt some miraculous turn around performance.. We had 3 possessions with the first team, that were dismal. And one good drive before the starters were pulled... Our 65 million dollar WR didnt even get thrown at, which was not all that encouraging.. But the Tannehill/Keller connection was strong and encouraging.. To me it is just preseason one way or another... I am not going to really take anything to heart with their performance until the games actually count towards trying to have a winning regular season record...
But it definitely feels better to have seen something positive, then what we saw the week before in the HOF game...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 11, 2013 09:16AM

So, T-Hill's 120 QB rating..........that sucked BNF?

Date: August 11, 2013 09:21AM

You guys are forgetting what the Pre season is about. Maybe Philbin already knows that his 65 Million receiver can catch. Maybe he was directed to check out the tight end package? Pre Season is NOT about winning. You need to evaluate your personnel, your depth. This was the first Pre Season game. I don't expect a $65 Million receiver out there risking getting hurt over nothing. And if he did get hurt all you would then bad mouth Philbin over that.

Give it a break. Relax and enjoy the Pre Season. If your expecting bombastic hits from players that have locks on making the Team your crazy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 11, 2013 10:21AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> So, T-Hill's 120 QB rating..........that sucked
> BNF?

It didnt suck Dolph, but it was the Jags, and his first 3 drives were dismal...
For Reference, last year Tannehill finished the season with a 76.1 passer rating avg... Can you guess which team last year gave up the highest passer rating and completion percentage of the season to Tannehill? How about this, the last 5 games RT rating's were 66.2, 74.0, 123.2, 93.8, and 65.8.. We went 2-3. One of the teams ranked 30th in the Total Defense... That team was the Jacksonville Jaguars. We beat them 24-3 last season... Tannehil had his highest passer rating and completion percentage of the season vs them last year...
THe fact we did what we did to Jax in the preseason, just like we did to them last season is not some great accomplishment IMO... Sure it is better then if we had 4 bad drives... But just like I wasnt writing Tannehill off last week, I hardly think we should anoint him a star after he went 5-9 for 75 yards in 4 possessions in the Jags game.... Probably one of the worst teams in football... Sure success it better then failure, but I am hardly convinced RT is a new man at this point... Not saying he isn't not saying he is, just we have a long way to go before we know what we got... And the preseason Jags are not the best way to judge your potential against the rest of the league...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 11, 2013 11:20AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
But just like I wasnt writing Tannehill off last week, I
> hardly think we should anoint him a star

And that's exactly why this post wasn't aimed at you crowder. I'm not anointing him a superstar after one decent outing against a sub-par team by the way, I'm just pointing out that some guys around here like to jump on the negative stuff WAY MORE than pointing out the positive.

Date: August 11, 2013 11:42AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> And that's exactly why this post wasn't aimed at
> you crowder. I'm not anointing him a superstar
> after one decent outing against a sub-par team by
> the way, I'm just pointing out that some guys
> around here like to jump on the negative stuff WAY
> MORE than pointing out the positive.

I understand, but I think it can go both ways around here...
I think there is a good chance we win our opener vs Cleveland.. And I am sure that several people will be anointing him the next Dan Marino after game 1. And then we have the Colts, Falcons, Saints, and Ravens. I want to see who how we do in this run, and then I will have a better idea of what we got with the kid and our team... IMO we should be at least 3-2 going into the bye. We should beat the Browns as I said above and then I think we need to at least split the other 4 if we are going to take ourselves serious,that we can really compete in the NFL this year.... WIth how good our defense should be, that puts it on Tannehill and the offense IMO... Hopefully the running game, takes some pressure off the kid...

Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:49PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And that's exactly why this post wasn't aimed
> at
> > you crowder. I'm not anointing him a superstar
> > after one decent outing against a sub-par team
> by
> > the way, I'm just pointing out that some guys
> > around here like to jump on the negative stuff
> WAY
> > MORE than pointing out the positive.
>
>
> I understand, but I think it can go both ways
> around here...
> I think there is a good chance we win our opener
> vs Cleveland.. And I am sure that several people
> will be anointing him the next Dan Marino after
> game 1. And then we have the Colts, Falcons,
> Saints, and Ravens. I want to see who how we do in
> this run, and then I will have a better idea of
> what we got with the kid and our team... IMO we
> should be at least 3-2 going into the bye. We
> should beat the Browns as I said above and then I
> think we need to at least split the other 4 if we
> are going to take ourselves serious,that we can
> really compete in the NFL this year.... WIth how
> good our defense should be, that puts it on
> Tannehill and the offense IMO... Hopefully the
> running game, takes some pressure off the kid...

I think 3-2 would be awesome after 5 weeks.

I'm just not sure its realistic to expect to be at least 3-2. Its the toughest part of our schedule. We are playing 3 teams that were not just better than we were last year, they were playoff teams. One of them won the Super Bowl, another should have been in it.

4 of those 5 teams have better QB's than we do.

I'd say we should be 2-3 at the break and we'll be damned fortunate to be 3-2 or better.

Date: August 11, 2013 01:05PM

IMO If we want to be legit we have to at least be a .500 team against top ten competition.. Anything below that, is what, you got lucky and beat one of the 4 on bad night... Sorry but that is just mediocre IMO, and not what I am looking for.. We got star WR's, star TE, a speculated star in Lamar Miller... And a potent Defense, with upgrades at LB, CB, and 3rd overall pick and top pass rusher in the draft.... We better at least go .500 in that 4 game stretch..... IMO the only thing that would prevent us from doing so, is if RT doesnt play well and get it done..

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2013 01:16PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 11, 2013 01:30PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> IMO If we want to be legit we have to at least be
> a .500 team against top ten competition.. Anything
> below that, is what, you got lucky and beat one of
> the 4 on bad night... Sorry but that is just
> mediocre IMO, and not what I am looking for.. We
> got star WR's, star TE, a speculated star in Lamar
> Miller... And a potent Defense, with upgrades at
> LB, CB, and 3rd overall pick and top pass rusher
> in the draft.... We better at least go .500 in
> that 4 game stretch..... IMO the only thing that
> would prevent us from doing so, is if RT doesnt
> play well and get it done..

To each his own, but with so many new faces on both sides of the ball its far more likely we will be a better team at the end of the season than at the beginning. Guys need time to develop chemistry. Its just the nature of the beast.

The schedule just isn't in our favor early on. The two best teams we play happen to be two of the best teams in the NFL and those are our HOME games. I don't expect to win either of those.

That means we have to win 3 road games to go 3-2.

Its not impossible, its just not my expectation that we will do that.

Unless you think we are a Super Bowl type team there's no reason to expect them to beat teams that are at that level.

We can hope for it for sure, but just demanding it isnt going to make it happen.

Date: August 11, 2013 04:12PM

The way the game is played nowadays you better find a way to get it together right away and not plan on having your team come together halfway through the season. And Thill is no longer a rookie and this offense is anything but unfamiliar to him -- so if anyone is primed for a huge uptick in performance its HIM. And that's precisely where any real fans hope lies -- in Thill ramping-up up his game big-time. In my humble opinion, from the small sample of info I've seen so far-- I do NOT see evidence of Thill being a totally different level of player than last year. Yea, probably incrementally better -- but NOT the type of exponential growth needed to be a legit consistent winning NFL QB. At least not yet…

Beyond that -- we also have to hope all the new "high-performance parts" fit together correctly and can produce serious results on the field against the better teams -- not just win the turnover battle against a self-destructive bunch like the housecats. So yea, any definable positives developed against Jacks need to be tempered by the reality of the overall situation. In my opinion.

My days of being "blindly optimistic" as a Miami Dolphin fan are definitely OVER. I still pull for the organization an I still want them to win -- but this franchise has a proven history for well over 10-years (probably more like 20) of breaking the spirit of its fan base by consistently disappointing and seemingly finding a way to underperform and underachieve.

So with that history in mind, along with a general ineptitude to solve essential NFL problems like QB, OL or some other rupture in the proverbial levy, I believe its best to have a rather "skeptical" (as opposed to purely "negative) attitude about the team in general.

In closing -- this team needs to find a way to have a winning record and I'd say the lowest rung on the ladder to really be included as a "definite team on the rise" is 10-6. That might not get us in the playoffs but it would certainly make the season a legit "success."

500 or below would be a certified failure IMO.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 11, 2013 04:47PM

Well we were 7-9 last year so that means we have to be at least 9-7. I think we'll get there.

Date: August 11, 2013 10:41PM

10-6. At Least......and the AFC east. I'll take bets. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 12, 2013 05:12PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> You guys are forgetting what the Pre season is
> about. Maybe Philbin already knows that his 65
> Million receiver can catch. Maybe he was directed
> to check out the tight end package? Pre Season is
> NOT about winning. You need to evaluate your
> personnel, your depth. This was the first Pre
> Season game. I don't expect a $65 Million receiver
> out there risking getting hurt over nothing. And
> if he did get hurt all you would then bad mouth
> Philbin over that.
>
> Give it a break. Relax and enjoy the Pre Season.
> If your expecting bombastic hits from players that
> have locks on making the Team your crazy.

You may be right, TC, but that connection must get untracked sooner rather than later.

From what I read, Tanny didn't even look Wallace's way. Seems Tanny didn't look at quite a few plays where he could have hit an open receiver.

Work must be done!

Date: August 12, 2013 10:21PM

I hear you. Tanny absolutely is still a work in progress. But some here want him boarded up in a box and sent out to pasture with Chad Henne and Ray Lucas. Give the kid a break.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 13, 2013 11:08AM

"So yea, we won -- but I don't think it was any MAJOR step in the right direction…"

Are you people serious?!? It wasn't ANY step in ANY direction! Its just a bunch of individuals trying to make a team. Regardless of what any pundits say, its just preseason-a chance for kids to make an NFL roster. The media have to have SOMETHING to write about- that's why the Combine (with a capital "C"!) and the Draft (same!) were created by the media! None of them mean ANYTHING! They're only worth watching to see if any of these guys have any talent, and the draft won't even tell you that much. The only thing I saw in that game to really take note of was...Jacksonville's helmets are even worse than the Dolphins's- really, REALLY ugly.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 11:26AM by dolphan4545.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.