HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          F. Parcels
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
F. Parcels
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 03, 2013 10:08AM

He still holds a grudge against Ireland because of the Harbaugh incident. Because he and Ross spoke w him "behind Sparano's back".

The last time I checked, team owners can do whatever the hell they want to do. Sparano had been a crap coach that Parcells saddled us with, and then bailed.

If anything, Ireland and Ross are the ones who should be holding the grudge!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F. Parcels
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 03, 2013 10:12AM

I liked how parcells said he turned over control to Ireland too soon. If he hadn't, the whole mess with Harbaugh and Sparano wouldn't have happened the way it did.

Kinda reinforces the notion that Parcells was making the call up until he decided to call it quits.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 03, 2013 02:17PM

I never doubted it, so I gave a pass to Ireland.
I an nauseated that a fat clown who thought drafting Pat White in the 2nd round was a good idea, and made many other pathetic decisions here in Miami, is making it into the Hall. I'm amazed that the national pundits are openly ignoring the Miami debacle.
This day would be sooo different if Parcells hadn't been lucky enough to get L.T. in New York.

Rick

Date: August 03, 2013 03:35PM

I think the whole Ross/Harbaugh thing was really pathetic and a huge embarrassment to the Team , the fans , and the players. No professional Franchise should EVER do anything so low down and back door . Being in charge and having a lot of money doesn't give you the right to mess with someone like Tony Sprano in public like that. Its just wrong. I'm glad the NFL still holds certain standards like this even though its not written down anywhere. That said........The Tuna deserves a big piece of the blame pie. God he screwed up and he should never make the Hall on his record of leaving Teams worse then when he got there. He almost never finished what he started. I agree with the Thread F the Tuna , but for different reasons. Fat blue eyed POS . thumbs down

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2013 03:39PM

Screw Parcells he is the worse thing that ever happend to the Phins. Ross not being a football man tried to do what he could in getting a good coach in Harbaugh. I don't hold it against him. He was trying to improve the team.

Date: August 03, 2013 04:00PM

Yeah....I kinda forgive Ross for that. He is a businessman. He didn't know any better. That's what Parcells was here for. To tell him the right way about going about things. Of course if Ireland did it behind his back well I still blame him because he hired Ireland and its his fault if he was not approachable enough to speak about it. I'll say it again.....Fat blue eyed POS.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:58AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Screw Parcells he is the worse thing that ever
> happend to the Phins. Ross not being a football
> man tried to do what he could in getting a good
> coach in Harbaugh. I don't hold it against him. He
> was trying to improve the team.

I don't blame Ross for going after Harbaugh. My issue with him at the time was that he should have fired Sparano before he started interviewing replacements.

That was his only real mistake.

And Ireland was too new to the job to have the clout needed to tell his new boss how it should be done, and have him listen.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 05:47AM

Parcells can go suck an egg for all i care.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 07:10AM

To anybody other than a Dolphins fan the man is a legend. Two SBs with the Giants, took over a real mess in the jest team and took them to the playoffs, took over another mess in NE and took them to the SB. Also took the Cowboys to he playoffs and, whether you want to give him credit or not, to an outside observer, he had a hand in leading the Phins to a division title and into the playoffs.
It may be blasphemy here to say it but, the man deserves to be in the Hall.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 04, 2013 10:08AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don't blame Ross for going after Harbaugh. My
> issue with him at the time was that he should have
> fired Sparano before he started interviewing
> replacements.
>
> That was his only real mistake.

RESPONSE: It's more complicated than that. If he fires Sparano, then he is not only at the mercy of Harbaugh with respect to terms but is at the mercy of every OTHER potential replacement because they know he HAS TO HAVE a coach.

What he had to do is walk a fine line between putting out subtle feelers trying to avoid the tampering laws. It was difficult but flying on the plane to grovel at Harbaugh's feet while Sparano was still the coach was certainly NOT the way to go.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 10:50AM

No, he handled it like the rookie owner he was. Embarrassing for Ross and everybody else.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.