HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          nfl sunday ticket
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: nfl sunday ticket
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 02, 2013 04:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 02, 2013 04:49PM

Wow! I don't know why I never knew that. I just assumed they were businesses. Non-profit? What charities do they support the "I wanna be a millionaire" charity?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 02, 2013 05:04PM

The support their own tax free stadium charity fund... Which is why our stadium deal has fudged numbers. Because they asked for money from tax payers, for an entire 30 years of interest payments on the amount. A huge part of what Ross was supposedly contributing was 30 years of interest on the money... But because of the charity fund, they can get that money interest free... But they cant say they secure the interest free loan until after the have an agreement of public funding.. Therefore they can act as if they need all the interest on the money.. Making it look like the owner is contributing much more then he really is on the deal... it is a twisted tangled web, that is so brilliant business wise, it is almost unfathomable they can pull all these charades off IMO... Some of the numbers I saw, was in reality Ross was only contributing somewhere around 12-15 percent of the money. While selling it that he was contributing 75 percent.... All tied back into this non profit stadium fund they are able to establish not only tax free, but each team gets a 6 million dollar charity write off each year to give themselves money, and create a chirade on stadium funding with the tax payers which boost their contribution ratio's vs the public...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2013 05:08PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 02, 2013 06:24PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 02, 2013 06:28PM

Call DTV, got it for free

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 03, 2013 09:10AM

After two hours on the phone with the bozos (4 of them) I got my $100 credit for an overcharge and got a discount for NFL Ticket (which I got free last year). Turns out witht the Mover's deal, you get free upgrade (still $99) to whole home Genie DVR and free upgrade to NFL Ticket Max. I thought it was free NFL ticket. I had to pay for the Ticket but got the extra channels (red zone, etc) and internet/phone access to games for free.

Terrible customer service policies.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes last week trying to get my credit and the call dropped. They said their policy is to NOT call you back but instead they want you to go through all the BS of calling them back and waiting on hold for a rep. She could have just proceeded with my credit but instead, as soon as the call dropped she is sent to the next customer.

So 2 hours and 45 minutes later....

We need more consumer protection from these large corporations. They basically said they would not refund my overcharge but would credit the refund...so basically they borrowed $100 for a month with no interest.

Chyren and Berk....

How would a consumer fight back against some of these "take it or leave it" corporations? Small claims court? How would you even know who to name on the claim?

A few years back they went into my bank account and took $340 for a final bill even though I was never signed up for automatic withdrawal or had given them authorization. They just had my bank info from paying my bill with debit card.

UHaul storage did the same thing to me when I was laid off a few years ago. Cost me about 400 in overdraft charges because I was given no notification they were doing it.

Crooks if you ask me.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 15, 2013 08:38AM

I bought the preseason package from NFL.com for $14 (using coupon code from directv).

They advertise about HD picture but it is pretty pathetic if you ask me. I have a strong signal... Well above the minimum recommended but still very fuzzy. Frustrating live when it freezes and skips plays.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:59AM

Thats what i hate about satelite.....Too many freezes....

Imagine seeing a game develop at the last seconds or minutes and the TV freezes....I would be really pissed off.

And in florida september is around hurricane season....Thank god for comcast although im paying a whole lot.

Posted by: gofinswin1 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:10PM

I called and said im thinking about switching carriers to lower my bill, and the only reason i went to DTV is get the NFL sunday ticket. I said i couldnt afford to pay an extra $37 a month, so they gave me the same deal they give to new customers. I got the Sunday ticket for free and $45 off my bill per month for the next year. But i was willing to walk away to get something cheaper.

Date: August 16, 2013 03:32AM

The PS package is not satelite. It runs off a broadband internet connection via nfl.com

I am getting a little fed up with DTV and the $165 bills. Time to switch to a lower package I guess. Right now I have the top package that includes every channel. It's like $128 plus all the BS fees and the extra monthly fee for the ticket.

They are such crooks. The way they make out the billing statement is so confusing and you know they do it on purpose so you don't notice the overcharges....which they have done for the past two months!

Previous Balance 352.54

07/13 Payment - Thank You - MasterCard -352.54

07/28 08/27 PREMIER Monthly 124.99

07/03 08/02 DIRECTV Protection Plan Begins in 30 Days: $7.99/Month 0.00

07/03 05/02 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2013 0.00

07/03 05/02 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2013 0.00

08/26 09/25 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2013 Early Renewal in 6 Payments 37.49

07/28 08/27 Advanced Receiver Monthly 25.00

07/28 08/27 Additional TV - 2 Clients 12.00

Fees

07/29 Additional TV 6.00

07/29 Primary TV 6.00

Adjustments & Credits

07/03 07/27 Advanced Receiver-DVR Partial Month Credit -8.33 Credit

08/26 08/27 DIRECTV Protection Plan Partial Month Charge 0.53

07/03 07/27 Advanced Receiver Partial Month Charge 20.83

07/03 07/27 Additional TV - 2 Clients Partial Month Charge 10.00

07/03 Additional TV 5.00

07/26 Additional TV -0.40 Credit

07/29 Primary TV Free -6.00 Credit

Taxes

Sales Tax 5.38

Communications Service Tax 21.40

AMOUNT DUE $259.89

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 03:56AM

WTF eesti?

259 is way too much....

But just one thing if you are a dolphin fan and get to watch every game its worth it.

Date: August 16, 2013 07:54AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 21, 2013 06:17AM

I just called. Got the ticket for 180 and they gave me the max part for free. I probably won't use the max part of it.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 09:20AM

Try to use 5G wifi instead of 1.24G if your device supports it, and if you have a dual-band router. More channels, much less traffic.

Rick

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 07, 2013 11:55AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just called. Got the ticket for 180 and they
> gave me the max part for free. I probably won't
> use the max part of it.

Just got the same deal.

Tried to beat him down, but it seems like they have drawn a line in the sand on it this year

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 08, 2013 05:46PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> awesome, thanks crowder, I appreciate the help. I
> will look into doing this. question--my computer
> is a macbook air with only usb outputs. I assume
> the video card you are talking about can be
> plugged in externally via the usb and it has an
> hdmi output at the other end I can plug into my av
> receiver with the hdmi cable?

You can buy a USB/HDMI external Hub which will allow for what you're doing.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.