HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          nfl sunday ticket
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
nfl sunday ticket
Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: July 01, 2013 02:15PM

Does any one know the cost for this season? Has any one called and tried to get a deal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nfl sunday ticket
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: July 01, 2013 04:10PM

We all know Chyren is going to pay full price, whatever that is and most everybody else is going to get it for free by threatening to cancel.
There are numerous options available on the internet for free but, they're iffy.
I just bought a 50 inch Sharp led and shipped it to Costa Rica as checked in luggage so, I'm not going to take a chance. I'm paying 150. for the ticket on Sky Satellite.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 01, 2013 04:15PM

Truer words were never spoken Hooligan.

Date: July 01, 2013 04:20PM

Just checking to see if you're paying attention smileys with beer

Date: July 01, 2013 04:24PM

LOL.smileys with beer

Date: July 01, 2013 04:31PM

Well, my TV made it past the nose pickin goons at the TSA so, I got a good feeling about this season.
And I don't really care what the demented pencil neck geeks at the nsa think about this post.

Date: July 01, 2013 08:38PM

Don't get me started. I could talk about the TSA but it would just get add to my record of getting threads closed.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:06AM

serious question. I just moved to a place where I can't get DTV so no sunday ticket on my TV. I know that I can get Sunday Ticket on my computer thru DTV (no pirated feed), and also thru playstation or something. I didn't buy a freaking 70 inch tv to watch the dolphins on my computer and I want to be able to see the games on my tv.

Has anyone been able to get the computer DTV feed wireless from their computer to their tv? How is the quality when viewed that way? I have an apple TV but I don't think that has the ability to do what I want. My TV is also a "smart" TV so I guess it should be able to access the internet directly on it but not sure how that would work, or also the quality. Finally I don't have a playstation but would get one if it let me watch Sunday ticket on my TV with excellent quality (better than thru the internet feed).

anyone have any experience with any of this?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 02, 2013 05:16AM

Why can't you get Directv, tree's?

Date: July 02, 2013 05:19AM

yup, trees blocking view of sky. good news is that if you are physically unable to get DTV they will let you get sunday ticket on the internet if you pay for it (I have no problem with that), bad news is I am worried about the pic quality and getting it to my TV.

Date: July 02, 2013 09:08AM

Generally the bigger your TV the faster the internet connection you are going to need and your router can be a bottleneck on a wireless setup.
Where I live 2 meg is the fastest speed available which is not nearly fast enough even for good quality on a computer screen.

Date: July 02, 2013 09:13AM

my internet speed is 15mps, is that going to be enough to watch HD quality football without lags?

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:45AM

Date: July 02, 2013 10:20AM

not so, last year there was a thread where people (including me) got sunday ticket for free/very little $$ by threatening to cancel service and get TV elsewhere.

Date: July 02, 2013 10:34AM

Berk, your 15 MPS refers to your max speed available not necessarily what you will actually see on a Sunday afternoon when lots of people are on-line. When you factor in the HD you might see some freezing and pixilation. Still, you're in alot better shape than me.
Make sure you've got the lastest greatest wifi setup.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: July 02, 2013 10:38AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not so, last year there was a thread where people
> (including me) got sunday ticket for free/very
> little $$ by threatening to cancel service and get
> TV elsewhere.

Very lucky. Everytime I try they basically say go ahead! grinning smiley

Date: July 02, 2013 10:48AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Berk, your 15 MPS refers to your max speed
> available not necessarily what you will actually
> see on a Sunday afternoon when lots of people are
> on-line. When you factor in the HD you might see
> some freezing and pixilation. Still, you're in
> alot better shape than me.
> Make sure you've got the lastest greatest wifi
> setup.

ugh, I am sure that once I drop the $200+ for the internet only set up, I will realize that the pic is total garbage. damn the dtv monopoly!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 02, 2013 11:38AM

Berk, Damn the monopoly.....that right there is why I refuse to get Direct TV. Well, that and my neighbor's towering trees that block the signal.

And leave Chyren alone...he's stimulating the economy by paying full price.

Date: July 02, 2013 06:01PM

But he's right JC. How can a monopoly (the NFL) which has been granted a monopoly by the Congress, grant a monopoly of its own?

But I digress.............

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 03, 2013 03:37AM

vertical monopoly integration, I guess.

It truly does suck...where's a sports class-action suit when ya need one?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 03, 2013 07:59AM

I just got NFL ticket max free for the 2nd year in a row. Free when I moved. Awesome!

Also got free upgrade to whole home DVR. I will be sitting in my pool watching the (HD) games with the TV on the lanai this year.

They are coming today to hook it up.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 03, 2013 01:36PM

IF you don't pay full price for the ticket then the Terrorists will have won. (G.W.Bu$h)

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 05, 2013 12:52PM

Berk, wireless will not be the best way to go... See if you can get a high end video card with an HDMI output and that would give you your best chances at the highest quality feed you can get into your tv... I would test the quality with an HD Movie on Netflix and see how the feed looks first before you decide if it is going to work out for you.. But make sure your router is gigabit and then a direct wired connection to your CPU and then a direct HDMI wired feed out of your CPU into the TV will give you your best shot... The more wireless you use the worse your chances at a high quality feed with out latency...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 06, 2013 03:06AM

Hooligan- where in Costa Rica? In my younger days I spent a fair amount of time in that neck of the woods... right out of college I lived on the Osa peninsula for a bit, a spot right near ISLA DEL CANO... I traveled to every surf break I could find in that country as well in my late teens early twenties....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 06, 2013 05:11AM

I'm on the flanks of Volcan Barva overlooking Heredia. I still do a bit of fishing around the Isla del Cano out of Drake's Bay.
IF I stay in Costa Rica I will have to move into the countryside west of the airport. There's much more crime in Costa Rica than when you were here last. Likely though I'll end up in Nicaragua or Colombia.
You must have done some surfing on the Nicoya Penninsula. That's my favorite stretch of beach between Mal Pais and Samara and where I take visitors from the US. There's a hole in the wall surf camp on Playa San Miguel where We routinely go for Thanksgiving or to watch the SuperBowel.

Date: July 06, 2013 07:25AM

Hooligan- yeah I surfed all around that area Tamarindo, from Playa Negra to Avellanas to playa Grande... Never made it to Witches, back then you needed to bring your own water and camping gear to stay at Witches... I spent many of early mornings digging my SUV out of the mud holes getting to Blacks... That is how I found Avellanas, got tired of digging the stuck truck in the dark, trying to get to Negra every morning before the wind came onshore..... I always use to joke that the owner of the Las Olas lodge must be flooding this road to get his lodge business..lol... I also spent some time mainly at the shipyards in Puntarenas on the southern end of that area..
Drakes Bay is where I lived back then, I worked a boat out of Aguilla De Osa called the Albatross for Brad the owner of the lodge... Drakes is a sweet spot... Did you ever surf Rio Clearo down that way? The OSA always seemed like the last frontier of Costa back then, with no roads in or out.. Only a long boat ride from Palmar Sur down the Sierpe River then south down the coast to get to Drakes... Nowadays I hear you can get there by car, did it change the dynamics of the area when they got the road in?

I spent most of my time down there before Los Suenos ever got built.. It was still 5 bucks a night to stay just about anywhere you wanted to surf... Being a goofy, still love down south at Pavones when the swell was on... Never more then 5 people in the water, saw a picture from a couple years ago with 80 people in the water at Pavones, couldnt believe it..

Petty crime was still bad when I was there had many of windows broken out of rental cars at Hermosa, till I learned to just leave all of the car doors and windows wide open while we surfed, to keep from paying for anymore windows...lol... Even In Drakes back then, we had issues with the guys/kids huffing paint and glue on the mountains sides you had to watch out for...

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2013 07:54AM by Crowder52.

Date: July 06, 2013 08:20AM

There is what resembles a road to Drakes Bay for several months a year but you're driving through some river beds until the bridges make it into the budget. I haven't surfed since high school and back then it was 10' long Hobies and Wardies. I just like to stay at those spots cause that's where the chicks are and the symptoms of glaucoma just feel alot better there.
Petty crime has always been a problem but, lately CR has overtaken the US in the dubious stat of death by firearm.

Date: July 07, 2013 09:41AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Berk, wireless will not be the best way to go...
> See if you can get a high end video card with an
> HDMI output and that would give you your best
> chances at the highest quality feed you can get
> into your tv... I would test the quality with an
> HD Movie on Netflix and see how the feed looks
> first before you decide if it is going to work out
> for you.. But make sure your router is gigabit and
> then a direct wired connection to your CPU and
> then a direct HDMI wired feed out of your CPU into
> the TV will give you your best shot... The more
> wireless you use the worse your chances at a high
> quality feed with out latency...

thanks, I'll give that a shot, if I can figure out what it means! I have streamed movies in HD thru my apple tv on itunes and netflix and the quality was OK but I think it may be worse with live tv for some reason

Date: July 07, 2013 11:56AM

Berk- when you connect your blue ray or cable box to the TV for HD, you do it with an HDMI cable. You can buy a card or video card that installs into your cpu that will give you that same HDMI output connection, your cable or blu ray has installed. It will also have specs as to what quality or size resolution the video card can output at and at what speed it processes the graphics for your output.. Connect to the TV from your cpu that way.
Then you have your router, make sure it is a gigabit router. Routers can run at 100megs speed or a 1000megs. Make sure you have a router that runs at 1000megs, ten times the speed of delivery. The routers only run at that speed if they are connected to your cpu with a wire. Using wireless you will only connect at most likely a max speed of 56 megs but probably much slower... So wireless will be much less efficient delivering the game to your cpu and TV on your internal home network...

If you do it this way you will be maximizing the speed and rate at which you can stream the game to your TV... The high end video card with HDMi output will maximize the speed at which your CPU can process and output the HD graphics coming in from the web.. A slow video card will bottleneck the processing of the stream as it comes into your cpu... Also the more RAM your cpu has will increase its processing speed as well. Bascily you want to minimize the bottlenecks through out your system for maximum performance... The stream has to travel at the speed of your modem connection which is pretty good at 15 megs top speed, then to your router then from your router to the cpu, then the cpu has to process it through the video card at the speed of that card, and into your TV... If you wireless from your router to your CPU and then wireless from your CPU to your TV, you are creating bottlenecks and slower processing,,,

Nietzsche

Date: July 07, 2013 12:12PM

awesome, thanks crowder, I appreciate the help. I will look into doing this. question--my computer is a macbook air with only usb outputs. I assume the video card you are talking about can be plugged in externally via the usb and it has an hdmi output at the other end I can plug into my av receiver with the hdmi cable?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.