HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Willis McGahee cut by Denver
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Willis McGahee cut by Denver
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 13, 2013 05:54AM

NFL: AroundTheLeague ?@NFL_ATL 25s
Broncos confirm Willis McGahee cut. They should be fine going young at RB with Ball and Hillman.

I doubt we'd have any interest, but he'd be a solid power back if Thomas/Gray both flop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Willis McGahee cut by Denver
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 13, 2013 10:00AM

McGahee according to Adam Schefter has a list of teams he is looking to shop his services to that include San Diego and yes, Miami. At 31 years old, coming off an injury last year, as a GM I think a long time before I take a flyer.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:41AM

he'd be a vet min guy at this point. I'd sign him for that. He's better than D Thomas and L Miller is still a bit of an unknown

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:19PM

I would not sign him however if we have a injury then maybe.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:53PM

I dont think his age fits the mold of the type of players we are interested in... Even if he is an Hurricane, I would be surprised if we sign him... He would just get in the way of some younger guy they want to see get more snaps...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:24PM

Bingo Crowder. And when u have guys like Bradshaw and Hillis out there, we could find better. Id wait till preseason before I start thinking about signing a player at a position we have players we need to see play at.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 14, 2013 10:35AM

Bradshaw signed with Indy.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 14, 2013 11:33AM

Having a somewhere between Good and Great experienced running back on a team that really needs such a person (Bush is gone) is NOT A BAD THING, depending on his health.

I'd say bring in him and give him a roster spot if at all possible if he is healthy. I agree with berk.

Date: June 14, 2013 12:02PM

We need to see Jonas Grey, Lamar Miller, Mike Gillislee get reps. I dont think MCgahee is a bad veteran back up at all. However, if we cared about a veteran RB on the roster, Bush would have had more value to us and we would have kept him... We had zero interest didnt even make an offer... So it would surprise me if we showed interest in signing a 31 year old veteran Mcgahee at this point...AS Odenn said, maybe if he is still available at start of season, you sign him. But not until you have made some sense of the young guys already on the roster...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 14, 2013 12:33PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We need to see Jonas Grey, Lamar Miller, Mike
> Gillislee get reps. I dont think MCgahee is a bad
> veteran back up at all. However, if we cared
> about a veteran RB on the roster, Bush would have
> had more value to us and we would have kept him...
> We had zero interest didnt even make an offer...
> So it would surprise me if we showed interest in
> signing a 31 year old veteran Mcgahee at this
> point...AS Odenn said, maybe if he is still
> available at start of season, you sign him. But
> not until you have made some sense of the young
> guys already on the roster...

That's pretty much the way I looked at it.

If you bring in Bradsaw he's young enough and good enough to start. He's going to be a progress stopper for Miller and Gillislee.

If we brought in McGahee, at his age, he's a backup. He's a good short yardage back and has a lot he could teach our younger guys without taking snaps away from them.

Date: June 14, 2013 12:44PM

I think you're mixed up about who is saying what Truth. Crowder was disagreeing with me. All things being equal, I said I'd rather give McGahee a shot. Crowder said that he didn't think that the coaches would give him a shot because of the past moves they have made.

Date: June 14, 2013 12:51PM

Chyren, I think it is possible they give him a shot but not until right before the season... I dont think they will sign Mcgahee now, which would take reps away from guys they want to see get reps and develop before the season starts...

Nietzsche

Date: June 14, 2013 01:02PM

Oh, I'm not making any statement about the timing. I'm just talking about the concept of whether or not we reject the suggestion out of hand and whether all things being equal, we'd rather have him on the roster or not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.