HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Johnson gets 30 days..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chad Johnson gets 30 days..........
Date: June 10, 2013 02:37PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Johnson gets 30 days..........
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:40PM

I think the judge overreacted.

If she hadn't told him to thank his lawyer it would be one thing.

Date: June 10, 2013 02:48PM

Exactly. I think she is forced to let him go. He acted on HER suggestion. That said he is still a dunce. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 10, 2013 03:31PM

I hadn't read THE Truth's post but just clicked on the link when I saw my name.

My reaction: The judge over-reacted. I don't think he meant to disrespect the court or make light but he was obviously pleased at what would have been the outcome and being a professional athlete, that is how you show approval.

She kept harping on the fact that the audience all laughed but does he not get his plea deal because of the reaction of the crowd.

So basically if the crowd had not laughed, she, the judge, just gives him a dirty look and that is the end of it.

Is it inappropriate in Court? Yes.

How would I have handled it?

I would have said the following.

"Mr. Johnson, I remind you this is not a football game but a court of law and while reactions like that might be appropriate there, it is not appropriate here.

I hope what you did does not indicate a mindset on your part that this is all over and you have won. You must follow the terms and conditions of your probation. If you take it either as already having been done or take it lightly, both of those impressions on your part are possible from your act of slapping your attorney on the butt, then you are going to find yourself back here and I guarantee you you won't be high five-ing after the sentence I will give you then."

And that would have been all absent him replying to me by some smart talk.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:33PM

I live in Broward county and that judge knew it was a high profile defendant and wanted to act tough and in control, she knew the cameras and story was on her...
She looked foolish, he didnt IMO... I dont like heavy handed people in positions of authority, reacting like that to something as minor as what Chad did.. It showed weakness on her part instead of strength... He even responded apologetic and his lawyer explained it well.. She didnt care, she was a big shot and in control and was going to show everybody including the cameras... I imagine Chad will be out tomorrow once the judge realizes how foolish she looked and wants to save face...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 05:59PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:04PM

and she is legally blind, to boot, so I don't know how she saw anything. she was reacting to the laughter in the court. I think ocho is the worst kind of self promoting idiot, but I feel bad for him on this one.
by tomorrow she will change her mind and he'll be free, or at least have his sentence reduced to a few days

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 11, 2013 01:00AM

He spent his entire career in a profession that shows approval with a smack on the ass. The judge is a disgrace.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 02:46AM

I think the judge new she was on stage. She created the atmosphere and as Chad said he was not laughing neither was she. So the entire court was not laughing. He followed her advice. She's an ahole. First time I ever felt an ounce of sympathy for ocho.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:59AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and she is legally blind, to boot, so I don't know
> how she saw anything.

But Berk...JUSTICE IS BLIND!

> . I think ocho is the worst
> kind of self promoting idiot, but I feel bad for
> him on this one.

Agree 100%

Date: June 11, 2013 01:50PM

Date: June 11, 2013 03:14PM

Oh yeah.......Chad will be out of Jail very soon and that judge will owe him dinner and a movie.

Its amazing. I'm called names daily. I'm expected to be held to a higher standard and basically take whatever is thrown my way. But Judges....man, I guess they can over react whenever they wish and treat peoples freedoms like they are nothing more then the words written on a paper.

This will get interesting . I don't see Chad Johnson doing anything , or that Lawyer(other judges stick together) but someone in the Attorny Gen.'s position needs to step up and follow through with a complaint on this witch with a ego so frail she can't take a little court room laughter.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 11, 2013 03:23PM

Date: June 11, 2013 10:00PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> What is "judicial temperament"? The American Bar
> Association defines it as having "compassion,
> decisiveness, open-mindedness, sensitivity,
> courtesy, patience, freedom from bias and
> commitment to equal justice."

The word I'd use to describe her rhymes with a baseball term used to get a player to second base by choking up on the bat and hitting the ball lightly towards third base. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 12, 2013 05:29AM

Date: June 12, 2013 08:11AM

berkeley223 Wrote:

> the state AG has no control over what the judge
> does and no ability to control her in any way. but
> yeah she basically called her out for being a
> crappy judge.
> btw, have you seen pam bondi? she is HOT. I don't
> care what Obama said about the CA AG, Bondi is the
> hottest AG we got.

Yeah, I know her she went to University of Florida, go gators, with my brother in law.. I even gave her some loot last election cycle when she first ran.... And my brother in law said the same thing, "you have got to see this girl I went to school with that is running for AG, she is smoking hot and sharp"...
I am sure she will be "Palinized" by the left shortly, they dont like smart hot republican women in power.. It scares them... Also the Mchugh judge she bashed, was endorsed by the Broward Democratic party... So of course there was some politics at play, Bondi was going after a judge endorsed by the Dems.... Funny the judge was making an example out of Ocho and now the AG is making an example out of her... Karma is a bitch, literally..lol

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 08:13AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 12, 2013 11:00AM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> Call me crazy for I am not a lawyer but, I dont
> think when the Attorney General of a state or head
> Legal officer in the state, questions a judges
> "judicial temperament" good things are in the
> works for that judge... questioning judicial
> temperament of judge from an attorney general is
> bad medicine... Please fill us in CHyren or
> Berk...

RESPONSE: Well, I agree with the AG 100% but as a lawyer I would be afraid to say so because the Bar association is a very Witch hunt organization which might, ironically, call out the A.G. herself for publicly criticizing a judge.

It's not like another judge commenting on a judge but a prosecutor commenting on a judge.

While I think what the Fla. A.G. said was totally correct and on point, the bar is a very subjective and small minded organization. It is funny that the organization that is committed to upholding legal procedure is the most un-democratic of all.

They have a bunch of rules that govern attorneys not only public behavior but public statements.

It's all about the "dignity" of the judicial process and they can actually sanction you for saying anything that puts the judicial process in a bad light.

If I were the Fla. A.G., and if this were the California Bar, I would fear that my comments might do this.

So if you ask me to bet money on which of the two, the Florida judge or the Florida Atty. Gen. might find themselves facing a bar panel for their actions/comments on the Johnson matter, I would bet it would be the Florida attorney general.

I'm just going by the California Bar which is my only experience since when I practiced in Massachusetts, it was as a certified law student practicing under a certain rule of the Mass. Supreme Court that allowed 3rd year law students to represent criminal defendants for misdemeanors (I think they also had a program for law student prosecutors).

So in sum to the Fla. A.G. I give both a "high five" and a "I pray for you" because she stands more in peril than the judge if the Florida Bar is anything like the California Bar.

Date: June 12, 2013 12:54PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > the state AG has no control over what the judge
> > does and no ability to control her in any way.
> but
> > yeah she basically called her out for being a
> > crappy judge.
> > btw, have you seen pam bondi? she is HOT. I
> don't
> > care what Obama said about the CA AG, Bondi is
> the
> > hottest AG we got.
>
> Yeah, I know her she went to University of
> Florida, go gators, with my brother in law.. I
> even gave her some loot last election cycle when
> she first ran.... And my brother in law said the
> same thing, "you have got to see this girl I went
> to school with that is running for AG, she is
> smoking hot and sharp"...
> I am sure she will be "Palinized" by the left
> shortly, they dont like smart hot republican women
> in power..

Are you suggesting that Palin is smart?

Date: June 12, 2013 01:08PM

THE Truth Wrote:

> Are you suggesting that Palin is smart?

While I dont agree with all of her positions and views, considering she is the youngest person ever elected and only woman ever elected Governor in Alaska, among other achievements, yes I would say she is obviously a smart woman... I certainly don't think she is an underachiever or dumb......
I have friends of mine who are huge Obama supporters, and happen to know Palin because of sports. And while they dont agree with her politics they gush to me about what a fine smart caring person she is in real life..

Nietzsche

Date: June 12, 2013 01:25PM

Chyren- the largest Ponzi schemer in the history of Florida, involved in an over a billion dollar ponzi scheme, and mis used his trust accounts to the tune of hundreds of millions of clients money, just happened to be a member of the FLorida Bars Grievance committee at the same time right up until he was indicted... I wouldnt bet on the Florida Bar doing anything to the AG of Florida... We are talking about the Florida Bar,lol, they arent going to go after Bondi in the slightest IMO...Especially in this situation when public opinion is with Bondi not the judge which who's judgement she questioned...

side note for you CHyren- She comes from a similar background as you being a former prosecutor, and assistant state attorney..

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 01:41PM by Crowder52.

Date: June 12, 2013 01:35PM

Yeah. I can only speak for the California Bar.

Date: June 12, 2013 01:46PM

CHyren- are your judges elected in LA? appointed or both

Nietzsche

Date: June 12, 2013 04:39PM

Both.

Date: June 12, 2013 05:13PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Are you suggesting that Palin is smart?
>
> While I dont agree with all of her positions and
> views, considering she is the youngest person ever
> elected and only woman ever elected Governor in
> Alaska, among other achievements, yes I would say
> she is obviously a smart woman... I certainly
> don't think she is an underachiever or dumb......
> I have friends of mine who are huge Obama
> supporters, and happen to know Palin because of
> sports. And while they dont agree with her
> politics they gush to me about what a fine smart
> caring person she is in real life..

Maybe its me, but I don't equate intelligence with popularity or with politics.

I've never met her, not that I'd mind it, so I can't say from personal experience. But when a middle of the road guy like McCain's campaign manager Steve Schmidt, calls her knowledge, understanding, intelligence into question and says the idea of her as POTUS "is something that frightens me, frankly" ...well, it gets my attention.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:44AM

I was going to post the same question, Truth, but I thought better of it for fear of going down the politics road on here. For whatever good qualities Palin may have (I can't think of any), "smart" is not one I would try to pin on her. Woman can't even name a newspaper she reads (unless "all of them" is a newspaper) or a Supreme Court decision.

Date: June 13, 2013 12:23PM

Funny you guys find her not smart, I would never have guessed... I would say she is a hundred times smarter then our current VP Joe Biden.... I would say Biden makes a much bigger fool of himself and puts his foot in his mouth more often then Palin ever has... But I would be foolish to honestly think either one of them are not smart... I dont care what Truth says about it, to rise to the level Palin or Biden has risen to, means they have brains... You dont stumble into those type of roles...

But I also realize it is a pretty typical response from those on the left to think they are more enlightened and smarter then those on the right, which is why they believe what they believe and others dont... But I would call that the definition of ignorant.. We can chase it around in circles all day, but ultimately politics is the root of your judgement, not reality... Palinized...

Nietzsche

Date: June 13, 2013 12:31PM

Hey, listen. The fact is that Sarah Palin was the Mayor of a Wasilla, a very tiny town in Alaska, a very sparsely populated state before she was elected Governor of that state.

I don't think she was ready for prime time when she was elected.

But it is unfair to cast aspersions on her intelligence.

Now if a person is Governor of New York, California or Illinois, shows the lack of knowledge of or inability to handle big issues, then maybe you start talking about his or her intelligence, but how do you expect a person whose experience was from a town with a population of 8,000 to be ready for that stage. So I'd blame McCain more than taking his opinion (or that of his advisors) of her intelligence. "Who picked her and what does that say about that person's intelligence?"

Nobody has heard of my hometown of Lawton, Oklahoma and we had 60,000 population. Give her a break.

Date: June 13, 2013 12:34PM

THE Truth Wrote:
But when a
> middle of the road guy like McCain's campaign
> manager Steve Schmidt, calls her knowledge,
> understanding, intelligence into question and says
> the idea of her as POTUS "is something that
> frightens me, frankly" ...well, it gets my
> attention.

Truth- many people inside and outside the Ronald Reagan administration use to say the same thing... Strong opinions and decisive action scares people... They said he was just some stupid actor...

Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:35PM

2 words: Dan Quayle

Date: June 13, 2013 12:45PM

Politics to me is not about intelligence, it has a lot to do with environment, history, and that which you value. A lot of times that is based on personal experience and the foundations to which you were raised.... I am conservative in most issues outside of social issues, on most social issues i am liberal...
I also live in probably the most liberal city in all of Florida... 90 percent of our local leaders are democrats.. Most of the politicians I support locally are democrats... Why because few republicans will ever get elected... SO it is not a good move politically to back a losing horse... I even gave money to Debbie Wasserman Shultz, the head of the DNC and close friend of Obama... I understand both sides and respect both side for what they value... And I find no offense, that we value different priorities in life and government.. They are still good people when you get to a personal level, and more often then not lend support when you ask for help on a personal level, as long as you paid the price of admission..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 12:49PM by Crowder52.

Date: June 13, 2013 12:46PM

montequi Wrote:
> 2 words: Dan Quayle

again no more foolish then Joe Biden

Nietzsche

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.