HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WE WANT THE CUP
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WE WANT THE CUP
Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:02PM

Bear with me i know this means nothing to most of you but this is the only sports board i (occasionally) post on.My Bruins made it back to the cup for an old time Stanley Cup final with another original 6 team Chicago. This had more relevance in 2011 because previous to that the las time both teams won was 1972. Was hoping the last time it was a good omen for our fins maybe they were caught off guard last time and this time it takes. Anyhow stoked hoping it is at least a good series and hoping the fins are at least relevant coem next december. Thanks for enduring my enthusiasm needed to post it soemwhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WE WANT THE CUP
Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 09, 2013 05:40PM

Hey, as another Boston resident I am very happy for the B's and am rooting for them as much as a Miami native possibly can.

My exposure to hockey was nil as a kid. My exposure to ice skating was limited to the occasional visit to the old Polar Palace on 36th street (who out there remembers that place?).

But even I can see the excitement in my friends and co-workers who follow hockey. There are some very good and loyal hockey fans in Boston....so go Bruins!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 09, 2013 05:41PM

Go Blackhawks!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 09, 2013 06:16PM

Holic! You devil you.

Date: June 09, 2013 06:41PM

thats cool holic enjoy the series ..aint nothing like nhl playoff hockey
Hope we have a few players on our roster(phins that is)with the heart of gregory cambell. Guy played a full minute with a broken leg was pretty impressive to watch. Hope phins get me this stoked in january

Date: June 10, 2013 02:17AM

Should be a fun series, not a huge hockey fan, but it's been fun in Chicago the last few weeks. (not real sure why I don't watch more hockey, it's an awesome sport). Good luck, may the better team winsmileys with beer

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:32AM

While personally i generally detest most Boston teams(Pats, Red Box, im a Dolphin and Rays fan), i am not big into hockey. So i can give you a pass on this one as i have no vested interest. That being said, just about everyone on this forum can relate to a fan of a team that hasn't had success for a long time. So hey, i hope you get your wish and you get to have the cup this year.

Date: June 10, 2013 04:04AM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While personally i generally detest most Boston
> teams(Pats, Red Box, im a Dolphin and Rays fan), i
> am not big into hockey. So i can give you a pass
> on this one as i have no vested interest. That
> being said, just about everyone on this forum can
> relate to a fan of a team that hasn't had success
> for a long time. So hey, i hope you get your wish
> and you get to have the cup this year.

Pretty sure both Boston and Chicago have won the cup in the last 4 yrs?

Date: June 10, 2013 03:07PM

yes both have but long stretch previous for both teams... that being said i am a huge fins fan but hockey(esp playoff hockey) is the most exhilirating edge of your seat sport going , the only issue is most dont get the game i guess but i persoannly dont see any of the major sports coming close to the intensity level of stanley cup play if you can learn to appreciate the game. That being said i understnad this is a fins board and i dont want to hijack it for to long (just looking for a place to expouse my enthusiasm and maybe suck in a few more nhl fans to broaden its fan base

Date: June 24, 2013 02:16PM

football season is too far away comon Bs give me a game 7

Date: June 24, 2013 05:59PM

Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da ..........Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Dasmileys with beer

Date: June 25, 2013 01:46PM

Ahh congrats to your hawks holic..was a painful way to bow out but what can you do. I was really just hoping for one more game as much as the cup. Pretty depressed no more greta games to keep me on the edge of my seat. Considering at one point it looked liek we wouldnt even have a hockey season i will defintely take it. Had a blast watching the entire run with my 7 year old who i have turned into a rabid Bruins fan as well as dolpin fan. Hopefully our fins keep us just as entertained. Think i will go watch the ending of the toronto game seven to wipe the last minute of the season out of my mind.

Date: June 25, 2013 03:53PM

smileys with beer what a freak ending, I thought for sure we were heading to game 7, the Hawks looked exhausted the whole 3rd. Game 7 would of been a coin toss, Boston is so big, tough and talented, really ashamed that anyone had to lose. Hockey players HAVE to be the toughest SOB's in all sports. smileys with beer to a great series.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:18PM

what's hockey?

Date: June 26, 2013 01:58PM

I have hijacked the phins board long enough but to answer your question berk..it is the most underrated of all the big sports and NHL playoff hockey is hands down without even a comparison the most exciting, edge of your seat sporting event of all the major sports. No other sport elevates its play liek Stanley Cup Playoffs. Pretty cool traditions with the cup and game too. Only one actual trophy makes it the most prized trophy of all the championships. The fact that each player from the Stanley Cup team gets one day with the cup is very cool.. And as the commercial goes it aint yours til you shake on it stands out as well. Only sport where there is a handshake after every game. Ok off soapbox. Damn im gonna miss it.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:42PM

I know some folks absolutely love it, but hockey is the one sport I can't get into. to me it's like soccer on ice. I'm just glad it's over.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.