HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Mark Brothers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Mark Brothers
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 09, 2013 02:24AM

The Mount Dolphinmore post triggered a thought for me because we started talking about the greatest players of our beloved franchise.

Together, the Mark brothers were the best set of wideouts the Dolphins have ever had. What I'm wondering is, and some of the older folk are going to have to help on this one as I was still a kid during the 80's, would Duper or Clayton have had the same or near the same level of success had they not been on the same team? I've watched game film from back then from some of the bigger games and they complemented each other so well. Opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mark Brothers
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 09, 2013 11:32AM

I think the biggest reason for Duper or Clayton's success was obviously the QB, not necessarily each other.. If either one of them were alone with Marino, they would have been successful. But they did compliment each other well, because Dupers' speed opened up the field and effected the safeties coverage.. And Clayton's success limited the defenses ability to double Duper... You were damned if you do and damned if you don't with those 2... But if one didnt have the other on the Dolphins, I would assume with Marino at QB and his track record, he would have made some other WR famous...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 09, 2013 01:03PM

the marks bro were great, but duper made every WR better than he'd be practically anywhere. Look at Oronde Gadson. Or Irv Fryer, a "bust" with NE but a world beater when he joined with Marino.

Date: June 09, 2013 02:16PM

Yea i guess the Marino aspect is a valid point. A similar situation would be the Rams with Torry Holt and the other receiver whose name escapes me at the moment.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 09, 2013 02:31PM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea i guess the Marino aspect is a valid point. A
> similar situation would be the Rams with Torry
> Holt and the other receiver whose name escapes me
> at the moment.

Issac Bruce?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 09, 2013 04:04PM

Thats the one.

Date: June 09, 2013 04:28PM

Look at how well Welker did with a new Qback as opposed to the Dolphins. OB makes a huge difference. My favorite during the Marino yrs was Tony Nathan. That guy was the original 7-11 in my book. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.