HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2013 NBA Finals Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
2013 NBA Finals Thread
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 07, 2013 01:26AM

Our beloved Heat lost Game 1 last night. A very contested game that I really enjoyed. If we get 7 games like we had last night, we are in for a series that will be remembered for a long time.

I am very disappointed in Chris Bosh. He has been an absolute non factor throughout the post season. Last night he was pitiful. If I were coach I would look at limiting his minutes. Even Dwayne Wade only showed up for the first half. If we can't get more out of those two down the stretch, we will lose this series.

LeBron had a great individual game, putting up a triple double. I think he's going to have to be more selfish with his shot selection. No one else is going to put up the points we need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2013 NBA Finals Thread
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 07, 2013 02:37AM

careful odenn, the mods don't like post's about the Heat losing games spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 07, 2013 03:39AM

Yes bosh has been very dissapointing.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 07, 2013 03:47AM

The heat tried to rely to much on long shots and 3 pointers.. I call it lazy basketball... In order to win, the Heat need to be aggressive and attack the rim, not just settle for low percentage shots..

Dolph- you don't see a difference between Odenn's post about the game, and the post you made that got closed after the Chicago loss, really?... eye rolling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 07, 2013 03:49AM

It's called me ribbing JC a bit crowder, geez!

Date: June 07, 2013 04:48AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> careful odenn, the mods don't like post's about
> the Heat losing games spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Eh, I don't think that will happen over this post. Also, as of yesterday I am now a mod for the board, so I cant very well get mad at myself. At any rate, you can PM me now as well as JC if you have forum related concerns or questions. Opinions vary, but we anticipate a big increase in forum traffic once the season starts. I am very proud of this board and its members. We have some of the best phans here and i look forward to helping this forum continue to be the best place for Miami fans to come and discuss Miami football.

Date: June 07, 2013 04:54AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> It's called me ribbing JC a bit crowder, geez!

It's called me ribbing you a bit Dolph for ribbing my heat, geez!

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 07, 2013 03:21PM

I think LeBron is up for this game. Let's go Heat!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 07, 2013 03:52PM

go heat---game 2 is basically for all the marbles. if we head to SA down 0-2 with 3 games there, we are toast. 1-1 and it's still anyone's series

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 07, 2013 04:57PM

Everyone except LeBron is choking. C'mon guys! He can't do it ALL by himself with only help from the Birdman.

Date: June 08, 2013 01:25AM

Fact is LeBron is a very unselfish player. He always looks for the open man instead of forcing a bad shot. Problem is no one else is able to produce points right now. With Bosh going flat and Wade's body failing him, he's going to have to carry this team to a title by taking more shots.

On a side note, I read a quote from Wade this morning that said something to the effect that the playoffs are a grind a there is zero enjoyment in them until its over. I'm beginning to believe that his knees are giving out a lot worse than they are telling the media. We may be beginning to see the end of his career very soon guys. Without Wade, Miami is going to have to sign up another elite player to keep the dominance they have seen. I also believe the Pacer series took a lot out of this team physically. Two days rest versus the Spurs 9 seems to be a factor.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 08, 2013 03:33AM

The Heat's problem isn't LeBron. Its that Wade and Bosh haven't shown up yet. If their big three doesn't out perform the big 3 of San Antonio they are in trouble.

Still a lot of ball left to be played and the Heat can win on anyone's home court when they get it going.

The thing that makes me laugh is when fans try to sell this team as a "one man show" as they did on the Sedano show yesterday. No team with two of the top 7, three of the top 15 players, and the best 3 point shooter in league history can ever be considered a "one man show".

LeBron in Cleveland, when they lost to San Antonio in the finals, was a "one man show". This Heat team is stacked (by today's NBA standards), its just under-performing.

Date: June 08, 2013 03:41AM

Date: June 08, 2013 08:14AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> The Heat's problem isn't LeBron. Its that Wade
> and Bosh haven't shown up yet. If their big three
> doesn't out perform the big 3 of San Antonio they
> are in trouble.

That's the sum of what Odenn and I were saying, Truth. You must have misread us because no one else posting anything to that effect in between.

Date: June 08, 2013 10:07AM

It doesnt matter who does it but we need to attack the basket and score in the paint.. No more low percentage shots. Those shots put to much at risk, take it to the hoop and we win. If we don't, we dont win... If we are relying on Bosh, Miller or Allen to score a 3 pointer in the final 30 seconds of the game to keep us in it or take us to the promise land, we have a flawed plan...

Nietzsche

Date: June 08, 2013 11:06AM

Date: June 09, 2013 02:55AM

Keys to tonight's win over the Spurs:

- Bosh needs to stop shooting three pointers.
- The bench needs to come up big. The team is gassed from the Pacer series.
- LeBron needs to be more aggressive and take it to the hole. Stop pulling up and shooting twelve footers. If he takes it in the paint he will go to the charity stripe more.

We do these things and i guarantee a win.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: June 09, 2013 04:41AM

Heat will crush them tonight, fresh Spurs legs won't be as fresh on those old bones. Plus I think Spurs had the advantage of shoddy officiating. We'll see...

Date: June 10, 2013 01:01AM

What a game. LeBron was cold most of the game except during the third quarter 33-5 run, but unlike game 1, everybody else chipped in. The aggressiveness on defense was amazing. Any time you hold Tim Duncan to 9 points, you're playing some stout defense. LeBron's block on Spiller was bad ass. YouTube it if you missed the game. Now we are off to san Antonio for three games. Gonna be hard. We need to come out of there 2-1.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:09AM

key to the series (and IMO why we had such a tough time vs Indy) is the 3 pt shooters (Allen, Miller, Chalmers, and possibly Battier if they ever let him back in) making their shots. They were ice cold vs Indy but a huge part of that 27 game game streak. If Allen and Miller are hitting like they did last night, the Heat will be extremely difficult to beat. Prettiest thing is sports is Allen's 3pt shot when it's working, hits absolutely nothing but the bottom of the net.

Date: June 10, 2013 10:07AM

Great for them to win but (at least the Los Angeles media) everyone is saying that the Heat will definitely win the series.

Above or in another thread I said that the 2-3-2 series, the same format as the World Series, is toughest on the team with 4 games should they lose 1 of the first two.

That happened.

I'd still say the odds on favorite to win is San Antonio, which I would hate.

Think of it like this.

They are now going to San Antonio for three straight games.

San Antonio can win if they sweep but even if they win only 2 of their home games, .............................

All they have to do is split the 2 game series when it is back in Miami.

That means Miami will have to sweep them at home to win PLUS win 1 of the three games...............

Either that or Miami must take TWO OUT OF THREE IN SAN ANTONIO to come back to Miami leading 3-2 and be in the position of having to only win 1 of those 2.

Like I said, when you're in the World Series format, it great if you have the four games at home but it's a bitch if you lose one of those first two.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 10, 2013 10:34AM

VERY few teams have ever swept the middle 3 games at home in a 2-3-2. Of course Miami did it...TWICE...but otherwise only one other team has ever done it (the 2004 Detroit Pistons).

Date: June 10, 2013 11:01AM

Yeah, that sounds right. But like I said, the Spurs don't have to. All they need to do is win 2 of 3 in San Antonio and they come back to Miami with a 3-2 advantage and all they need it one of those two.

It would be the Heat that would need to win BOTH games at home.

Date: June 10, 2013 11:55AM

Id be happy if we win 1 out of 3 at san antonio. Extatic if we win 2.........

Drunk if we will all three.

Date: June 10, 2013 01:51PM

I know, Sam. But I would have been a lot happier NOT dropping either of those first 2.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:10PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yeah, that sounds right. But like I said, the
> Spurs don't have to. All they need to do is win 2
> of 3 in San Antonio and they come back to Miami
> with a 3-2 advantage and all they need it one of
> those two.
>
> It would be the Heat that would need to win BOTH
> games at home.

True, but at least they'll be home for both games.

Date: June 10, 2013 02:42PM

True.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:21AM

that goes without saying chren.

that first game can cost them the series like the first game cost the pacers the series.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 11:25AM

Tonight's game could go either way..it is hard to tell. Spurs are mad at the last quarter blow out and are back on their home court, but Heat might have a bit of swagger after shaking off the Spurs. Let's see who wins.

Date: June 11, 2013 11:43AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> that goes without saying chren.
>
>
> that first game can cost them the series like the
> first game cost the pacers the series.

I thought the Heat had home field advantage even though that pacers series was 2-2-1-1-1.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.