Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill handles himself well with the National Media ( video link from NFL network)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehill handles himself well with the National Media ( video link from NFL network)
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 04, 2013 11:46AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill handles himself well with the National Media ( video link from NFL network)
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: June 05, 2013 01:53PM

Tanney possesses those intangible qualities you just can't coach. All inside the prototypical physical dimensions and abilities of an elite NFL QB.
That's why Ireland took him #8 overall.
Still love the pick!! Mucho props to Ireland for making that call!

Re: Tannehill handles himself well with the National Media ( video link from NFL network)
Date: June 05, 2013 02:17PM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tanney possesses those intangible qualities you
> just can't coach. All inside the prototypical
> physical dimensions and abilities of an elite NFL
> QB.
> That's why Ireland took him #8 overall.
> Still love the pick!! Mucho props to Ireland for
> making that call!

Hopefully he is all you think he is, he has the qualities, lets see if he gets to where we want him to be before giving anybody props for making the call.. But he does handle himself in interviews well so far this year.. Not sure that makes him a pro bowler but it is definitely better then the opposite.. Lamar Miller isnt the sharpest tool in the box in interviews, and I wouldn't say that makes him a failure either...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 05, 2013 03:28PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> socalphin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tanney possesses those intangible qualities you
> > just can't coach. All inside the prototypical
> > physical dimensions and abilities of an elite
> NFL
> > QB.
> > That's why Ireland took him #8 overall.
> > Still love the pick!! Mucho props to Ireland
> for
> > making that call!
>
>
> Hopefully he is all you think he is, he has the
> qualities, lets see if he gets to where we want
> him to be before giving anybody props for making
> the call.. But he does handle himself in
> interviews well so far this year.. Not sure that
> makes him a pro bowler but it is definitely better
> then the opposite.. Lamar Miller isnt the sharpest
> tool in the box in interviews, and I wouldn't say
> that makes him a failure either...

Its definitely still to be determined whether RT pans out or not, but I think its pretty safe to say that based on his skill set and his intangibles, that he was worth a top ten pick.

Date: June 06, 2013 04:31AM

Yep. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 06, 2013 05:37AM

Message to RT just win some damn games for us this year. I could care less about the guys wife, his interview skills or whatever. Just win.

Date: June 06, 2013 05:44AM

Dude that's the whole package! Hot wife/interviewing kills/ its impressive to see him so successful at such a young age.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 06, 2013 12:17PM

THE Truth Wrote:

> Its definitely still to be determined whether RT
> pans out or not, but I think its pretty safe to
> say that based on his skill set and his
> intangibles, that he was worth a top ten pick.

I think if it is still to be determined whether RT pans out, it is hard to say he was worth the pick.. He will either be worth it or not.. And that is yet to be determined, but all of the intangibles definitely help his odds.. We just need to see it... I am feeling pretty good about this coming year, we will have to see.... The kids seems like he could be the one but that is easier to say when no games are being played... After the NE game 16, I wasn't feeling to good about it..

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 07, 2013 09:43AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 07, 2013 11:01AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Its definitely still to be determined whether
> RT
> > pans out or not, but I think its pretty safe to
> > say that based on his skill set and his
> > intangibles, that he was worth a top ten pick.
>
>
> I think if it is still to be determined whether RT
> pans out, it is hard to say he was worth the
> pick.. He will either be worth it or not.. And
> that is yet to be determined, but all of the
> intangibles definitely help his odds..

The draft isn't an exact science Crowder. Its about "best guess".

Every position has its 1st round busts. But some are more avoidable than others. RT is a kid with top shelf physical tools for the positions (size, speed, arm strength) and terrific intangibles (intelligence, work ethic, etc).

In a league that revolves around the QB position, he was well worth the "risk" at #8. Now we have to see if it pans out or not.

Date: June 07, 2013 11:30AM

It really doesnt matter if a player was worth the pick if he doesnt pan out.. And being worth the pick is very subjective, half the NFL scouts would all give you different answers... A player either works out or he doesn't IMO... A player being worth the pick and a player working out are the same thing IMO.. But I do understand your interpretaion. Does he have the intangibles, does he have the athleticism, etc. Can you justify the pick....

I just dont think the interpretation matters nor makes much sense if the player doesnt work out.. That is like, well we gave it the "old college try", we should be proud of ourselves even though we failed... I dont live in that type of world and I dont think most Miami Dolphins fans do either. The old, well we tried, doesnt matter....

We tried with Henne to, he was worth the pick by your interpretation, does it matter now? TO me Henne was not worth the pick, because he didnt work out, I could care less about his intangibles and arm strength.. AFter he smoked the Jets, everybody was saying, he was worth the pick including myself, nobody in Miami is saying that anymore... Tannehill will be defined by what he does on the field in Aqua and Orange nothing else.. Ireland will be judged based on what Tannehill does on the field in Aqua and Orange as well, his intangibles will not mean sh*t...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 12:31PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 07, 2013 01:53PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Dude that's the whole package! Hot
> wife/interviewing kills/ its impressive to see him
> so successful at such a young age.

Dude what would be impressive is a fantastic td to int ratio and at minimum to make it to the afc championship.

Damn its about everything but football these days. Hot wife, bling yep that wins games.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 07, 2013 02:29PM

The hot wife and all that crap is something the media likes. It helps keep him in the news. That's about all that counts for. His skill set and intangibles simply justify the risk of picking him high in the draft. The question of whether he was worth it will only be answered by how he plays throughout his career.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.