HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Collusion?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Collusion?
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 01, 2013 03:00PM

Freeney claims there was collusion going on with the NFL owners, which is why many of the veterans weren't signed until late or have yet to be signed.

Ummmmm......really? Mr. Freeney, you don't think it has anything to do with the contract that you wanted (which was ridiculous), your age, and your "not so good" season last year?

Why should an NFL team pay you such a high price when they can get a guy that is younger, faster, stronger, and cheaper?

It seems like older players in sports just can't comprehend when they are at the twilight of their careers. NFL teams would be glad to sign them if the players wouldn't be thinking that they are still that All Pro player that they were a few years ago.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts about Urlacher. He felt it was a "slap in the face" that the Bears offered him ONLY $2M for a one-year contract. How many of us "normal folk" would think that was a slap in the face? Like I said before, slap the hell out of me for that amount of cash.

BTW, where is Urlacher now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Collusion?
Date: June 01, 2013 03:50PM

Right!? 2 Million would take me 20 ****ing yrs to make. You know how much B.S. I would have to deal with in 20 yrs?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 02, 2013 01:13PM

LOL, Treasure. When I retired, I made as a Govt. appellate prosecutor, about 1/3rd of the salary a kid got at a top law firm starting his first year of practice. Think about that! After 38 years of practice. That's how low the government pays. (and a Calif. govt. known to be one of the better funded.)

Lesson?

The world ain't fair.

In the matter we're discussing now, high football salaries, it's based on the fact that the players are getting a piece of the business that puts money in the pockets of owners.

While you and I, well, we just work for the taxpayers.

And the Liberals think we just harass innocent people who we just randomly throw in jail for no apparent reason and the Conservatives think that we are just sucking on the public tit (as a guy who I took the bar exam with and was an old college friend of my law school roommate used to greet me "Hey, you still sucking on the public tit?"winking smiley.)

And the people we serve, the ordinary Joe, he doesn't give a crap enough to go out and vote. That's why in the last election for Mayor of Los Angeles last month, a silk stocking liberal Eric Garcetti, ended up winning over a labor candidate, Wendy Gruel, who was an aggressive money watchdog but she was backed by the public employee labor unions which meant that the Valley Republicans voted for the Liberal because if there is one thing a conservate hates WORSE than a liberal, it is a labor candidate, particularly a public employee one.

So liberals plus conservatives against a labor candidate in an off year election means the labor candidate loses because "Joe Six-Pack" doesn't come out to vote unless the Presidency or at least the Governor's mansion, is at stake and the liberals and conservatives are basically the only ones voting.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 03, 2013 11:58AM

I am sure there are certain levels of collusion by NFL owners from time to time... I dont think this was one of them. And I would be willing to bet, that these owners are never going to put themselves in a place where their collusion on issues could ever be proven...

Even in the uncapped year, there seemed to be an unspoken agreement among most owners.. Snyder and Jerry Jones just dont play well with others in the sand box.. But when push came to shove on the issues by the NFLPA, they both fell in line with the rest of their fellow owners.. Will it ever be proven they colluded, probably not...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 04, 2013 02:23AM

I don't know that this year was collusion as much as it was a market adjustment to the new CBA, players still got paid, but teams were just a lot more picky in how they doled the money out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.