HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The 2013 AFC East
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The 2013 AFC East
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:44AM

I'm wondering why he's still even here? No, I don't mean as to why he still continues to post and bother us real fans, but why he hasn't been banned? He's obviously here simply to stir up shit, not contribute any information or worthy opinion besides "Dolphin/Ireland/Philbin/FO sucks". Why is this allowed to go on? I'm a little confused. This is my home for all things Phins and as such not only do I consider this my "football home" but I also consider the long time fellow posters(Truth, JC, berk, tcpf, toko, sam, etc etc) to be part of my football family. As such, I take personal insult when someone like DolphanKing is allowed to continue his verbal diarrhea for months on end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 15, 2013 07:47AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Why are you so bitter? This team is great.

He's bitter because first you're a typical troll and blast the Phins in every and all posts. Now you want to be a smart ass since people including I have told you to not be so negative, so you're being overly sarcastic.

No one likes you, no one cares that you're here other than to know when you won't be here any longer.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:51AM

Odenn Wrote:
> I'm wondering why he's still even here? No, I
> don't mean as to why he still continues to post
> and bother us real fans, but why he hasn't been
> banned? He's obviously here simply to stir up
> shit, not contribute any information or worthy
> opinion besides "Dolphin/Ireland/Philbin/FO
> sucks". Why is this allowed to go on? I'm a little
> confused. This is my home for all things Phins and
> as such not only do I consider this my "football
> home" but I also consider the long time fellow
> posters(Truth, JC, berk, tcpf, toko, sam, etc etc)
> to be part of my football family. As such, I take
> personal insult when someone like DolphanKing is
> allowed to continue his verbal diarrhea for months
> on end.

Amen, Odenn...amen.

But I think I mentioned in another post, if you (or any one else) have issues with any poster you should send a PM directly to JC and/or Curt. They don't always get to read every post and they aren't likely to answer your question in the public forum.

Until they get fed up with him, your only real option is to block him and ignore him.

If everyone did, he'd disappear on his own.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:52AM

Odenn Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Why are you so bitter? This team is great.
>
> He's bitter because first you're a typical troll
> and blast the Phins in every and all posts. Now
> you want to be a smart ass since people including
> I have told you to not be so negative, so you're
> being overly sarcastic.
>
> No one likes you, no one cares that you're here
> other than to know when you won't be here any
> longer.

I'm not a troll. I love this team.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: May 15, 2013 07:54AM

I'll send a PM to Curt. Thank you Truth for reminding me about how to go about these things. It's been awhile since we had a stain on the sidewalk that needed removal.

Date: May 15, 2013 08:37AM

Odenn Wrote:
> I'm wondering why he's still even here? No, I
> don't mean as to why he still continues to post
> and bother us real fans, but why he hasn't been
> banned? He's obviously here simply to stir up
> shit, not contribute any information or worthy
> opinion besides "Dolphin/Ireland/Philbin/FO
> sucks". Why is this allowed to go on? I'm a little
> confused. This is my home for all things Phins and
> as such not only do I consider this my "football
> home" but I also consider the long time fellow
> posters(Truth, JC, berk, tcpf, toko, sam, etc etc)
> to be part of my football family. As such, I take
> personal insult when someone like DolphanKing is
> allowed to continue his verbal diarrhea for months
> on end.

No offense. I love JC. Good dude. But if he was a cop , he would be in trouble for wanton , willfull neglect . Kinda......sorry.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 15, 2013 09:28AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Odenn Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm wondering why he's still even here? No, I
> > don't mean as to why he still continues to post
> > and bother us real fans, but why he hasn't been
> > banned? He's obviously here simply to stir up
> > shit, not contribute any information or worthy
> > opinion besides "Dolphin/Ireland/Philbin/FO
> > sucks". Why is this allowed to go on? I'm a
> little
> > confused. This is my home for all things Phins
> and
> > as such not only do I consider this my
> "football
> > home" but I also consider the long time fellow
> > posters(Truth, JC, berk, tcpf, toko, sam, etc
> etc)
> > to be part of my football family. As such, I
> take
> > personal insult when someone like DolphanKing
> is
> > allowed to continue his verbal diarrhea for
> months
> > on end.
>
> No offense. I love JC. Good dude. But if he was a
> cop , he would be in trouble for wanton , willfull
> neglect . Kinda......sorry.

And if YOU were a cop, well I'm afraid that you'd be....oh wait never mind.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 10:10AM

Treasure, I obviously dont agree with all DK says or how he goes about it, but that doesn't mean I dont agree that he has as much right to his own opinion as the next guy on the site. If we went back and looked up all the posts related to DK, there are way more TOS violations by others toward him then violations by him.... I just don't get why some of you guys let it bother you so much... JC watches DK with out question... And the guy doesn't violate the rules... Now it has just become kind of a ridiculous downward spiral that some people are so offended by him. And I honestly don't think you can put that all on him... It takes both sides to create the drama.. Now we get nowhere with it... I do think DK should expand his comments and discussion topics but when people ask him questions he can also be very articulate in his response... Name calling and insults, how are you suppose to respond... But come on, no need to call JC incompetent, he has explained his position and it is far from acting out of incompetence...

Sure I will take you up on that beer one day... That is really my motive behind sticking up for people, Free Beer! Lol...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 10:59AM

no one has (or should have) any problem with someone expressing their opinion about the team. I criticize the team and Ireland all the time. But DK isn't expressing an opinion. He's just a 1-note nuisance with the same exact reply to every post, no matter the subject. Ireland sucks/Ross sucks/the team sucks/Tannehill sucks. Now he's done a 180 with his sarcastic Irealnd is great/Ross is great/the team is great/Tannehill is great. There are not true opinions and not a substantive reply to anything but just nonsense spouted to get a rise out of the true posters here who want to discuss the team (whether it be good or bad). I agree with Truth that ignoring him is the best approach, but I've seen people get banned for much, much less.

Date: May 15, 2013 01:13PM

Crowder, there's expressing an opinion, then there's just plain being a troll. Do yourself a favor and go back and just spend 5 minutes reading the guys posts. 5 minutes, and I bet you'll start to understand why people on this board are fed up with his crap. This is our home. We don't like it when someone shits on our lawn.

Date: May 15, 2013 01:44PM

Odenn- I agree a lot of what he post is one sighted at this point. But since day 1 the guy has been attacked on all kinds of levels personally for originally just expressing his opinion... People hated him not liking the Tannehill pick and went after him.. He was a newbie with a strong opinion people didn't like, from his angle wasn't the best way to find your way with a bunch of new people but that is how it went... To this point, people have made him a troll by how they treat him and attack him.. Now the whole thing is a dysfunctional mess.. And nobody wants to try and work it out they just want to draw the line in the sand, throw him out or all of us are going to contribute to the dysfunction.. Criticize JC, write PM's to Curt, and more drama until you throw him out.. I guess I just think it would be easier to try and work it out, stop attacking the guy or don't respond.. Odenn, I understand your respect for the site and greatly appreciate it, I just have a different way of going about things then maybe you.And in no way am I trying to disrespect you. We all can't just create dysfunction and then throw people out IMO.. We are grown man, we should be able to work it out...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 15, 2013 02:32PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Odenn- I agree a lot of what he post is one
> sighted at this point. But since day 1 the guy has
> been attacked on all kinds of levels personally
> for originally just expressing his opinion...
> People hated him not liking the Tannehill pick and
> went after him.. He was a newbie with a strong
> opinion people didn't like, from his angle wasn't
> the best way to find your way with a bunch of new
> people but that is how it went... To this point,
> people have made him a troll by how they treat him
> and attack him.. Now the whole thing is a
> dysfunctional mess.. And nobody wants to try and
> work it out they just want to draw the line in the
> sand, throw him out or all of us are going to
> contribute to the dysfunction.. Criticize JC,
> write PM's to Curt, and more drama until you throw
> him out.. I guess I just think it would be easier
> to try and work it out, stop attacking the guy or
> don't respond.. Odenn, I understand your respect
> for the site and greatly appreciate it, I just
> have a different way of going about things then
> maybe you.And in no way am I trying to disrespect
> you. We all can't just create dysfunction and then
> throw people out IMO.. We are grown man, we should
> be able to work it out...

No offense Crowder, but what makes him a troll is posting the same stuff over and over and passing it off as "discussion". Add to that the "whoa is me, I'm misunderstood" defense he throws out there when he's called on it, only to be followed up closely by incessant whining about being stalked by people who bother to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to engage in a reasonable debate.

You and I don't agree on much. Yet somehow we manage to debate in a reasonable and respectful manner without polluting the board with the same, seemingly agenda driven, drivel. The reason for that is neither you, nor I, are a troll.

We live here every day and discuss/argue about all sorts of topics. He does a drive by every few weeks or more and spams the site with the same stuff over and over.

That's what makes him a troll, not how anyone here reacts or interacts with him. Because it doesn't matter how you interact with a troll. All they care is that you do interact. You can't work things out with a troll. That's not what they want. They have no desire to be part of a community.

I agree with you that its a waste of time to get into it with him. Its why he's one of two people I ignore on this site. He's just got nothing to say that he hasn't said nearly every time he's hit "post message" in this forum. And based on what he's had to say, how often he's said it, and how he's interacted with just about everyone other than you on this site, I'm pretty sure he's got nothing else to say that I'd be even remotely interested in hearing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 02:34PM by THE Truth.

Date: May 15, 2013 03:27PM

I agree that DK hasn't done his part in trying build relationships with people on the board.. Respect is an important part of it, but it is also a 2 way street, not many around here give newbie any respect let alone a newbie with his strong views.. if I were in DK's shoes I would try to be the bigger man and reach out to try and earn a little respect with some people around here.. One of the reason I don't have a problem with DK and in the past had some decent conversations is most likely because I have never attacked him, I haven't put him on the defensive when communicating..
I definitely understand your position Truth, regurgitating the same stuff with less and less explanation is boring which is why I haven't talked with him much lately... To each their own but everyone responding by attacking him constantly is not much better then what DK is doing as far as the dysfunction going on..

As far as the people you ignore, I don't understand the Chyren deal, he is good dude with a lot of knowledge and experience. He is one of my favorite guys on the site along with you and others, even though we don't agree on a lot of details. You and Chyren use to have some great threads going and actually use to agree a lot.. Just because a couple bad threads I wouldn't write him off.. Chyren is good people...
To me it is about learning something from somebody else while talking football, you don't learn much or gain much insight if we all looked at it the same.. If there isn't much to learn or discuss why respond...

Nietzsche

Date: May 15, 2013 03:58PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I agree that DK hasn't done his part in trying
> build relationships with people on the board..
> Respect is an important part of it, but it is also
> a 2 way street, not many around here give newbie
> any respect

Go ask Captkoi how he was treated on this site when he first showed up.

> if I were in DK's shoes I would try to be
> the bigger man and reach out to try and earn a
> little respect with some people around here.. One
> of the reason I don't have a problem with DK and
> in the past had some decent conversations is most
> likely because I have never attacked him, I
> haven't put him on the defensive when
> communicating..

That would be a sound course of action...if one were actually concerned with getting along with people.

> I definitely understand your position Truth,
> regurgitating the same stuff with less and less
> explanation is boring which is why I haven't
> talked with him much lately... To each their own
> but everyone responding by attacking him
> constantly is not much better then what DK is
> doing as far as the dysfunction going on..

I agree completely. I like Sam a lot, but every time he starts a thread going after DK I wince. Its completely unnecessary.

>
> As far as the people you ignore, I don't
> understand the Chyren deal, he is good dude with a
> lot of knowledge and experience. He is one of my
> favorite guys on the site along with you and
> others, even though we don't agree on a lot of
> details. You and Chyren use to have some great
> threads going and actually use to agree a lot..
> Just because a couple bad threads I wouldn't write
> him off.. Chyren is good people...

To each his own. But Bob is the reason I resigned as a moderator and quit the site for 5 or 6 months.

Maybe someday I'll get to tell you about that whole experience over a beer.

Until then, all I'm going to say on the subject is: "I don't do crazy."

> To me it is about learning something from somebody
> else while talking football, you don't learn much
> or gain much insight if we all looked at it the
> same.. If there isn't much to learn or discuss why
> respond...

This place would suck if we all agreed on everything all the time.

It would be nothing but "thumbs up" and "+1" 24/7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 04:01PM by THE Truth.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: May 15, 2013 06:18PM

THE Truth Wrote:
>
>
> No offense Crowder, but what makes him a troll is
> posting the same stuff over and over and passing
> it off as "discussion".

I just want to chime in here and point out that I'm not posting the "same stuff over and over". How would a guy who has me blocked even know what I post "over and over"? All he sees is the response from the same three nuckleheads that never read what I write anyway. And their response is always the same "over and over", no matter what I write...

I'd venture to say that there are more threads started with the specific purpose of calling me a troll - like the one SamSam started today - , than threads I've started where I criticized either Tannehill, Ireland, or Ross.

Its pretty hysterical. I've taken advice and said nothing but nice things about the team for the last 48 hours, and they are still calling me a troll. I think I'm proving my point.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: May 15, 2013 08:20PM

Your such a poor victim. The very fact you keep coming back when not a one person here respects you shows your true motives. I have no doubt you loved Sams post and probably hurt your wrist reading it. Oh well. It did help pass the off season.
Still waiting for you to give a intelligent response to something, anything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 16, 2013 01:31AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> > No offense Crowder, but what makes him a troll
> is
> > posting the same stuff over and over and
> passing
> > it off as "discussion".
>
> I just want to chime in here and point out that
> I'm not posting the "same stuff over and over".
> How would a guy who has me blocked even know what
> I post "over and over"? All he sees is the
> response from the same three nuckleheads that
> never read what I write anyway. And their
> response is always the same "over and over", no
> matter what I write...
>
> I'd venture to say that there are more threads
> started with the specific purpose of calling me a
> troll - like the one SamSam started today - , than
> threads I've started where I criticized either
> Tannehill, Ireland, or Ross.
>
> Its pretty hysterical. I've taken advice and said
> nothing but nice things about the team for the
> last 48 hours, and they are still calling me a
> troll. I think I'm proving my point.

No, you aren't proving a point. You going from one extreme to the other in a sarcastic manner doesn't do anything but reaffirm our opinion that you aren't here for legit reasons. Just look at your signature. Every post you make is about how this team is horrible in one way or another. People are going to have enough of that and let you know it. Especially since you give no substance to your arguments.

If you want people to stop calling you a troll and stop giving you a hard time, start acting like a decent person on this board. Give over and stop being either a troll or a smart ass, which is all you have shown so far.

Everyone on this board will agree with me when I say that we love to have new people come to the board. It provides new insight and new information for us to use and digest.

Stop playing the victim. It's pitiful and ridiculous that you even try it.

Date: May 16, 2013 03:53AM

Date: May 16, 2013 05:22AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> > Its pretty hysterical. I've taken advice and said
> nothing but nice things about the team for the
> last 48 hours, and they are still calling me a
> troll. I think I'm proving my point.

I think Diceman said it best..........

UUUUUUUUUUGH! I'm done with you Bitch.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 16, 2013 07:38AM

THE Truth Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> Now if I can just get everyone else to put you on
> "ignore user" and stop quoting your crap you will
> cease to exist to me altogether and I would be a
> very happy camper.

Truth, you got it man. Out of respect for you and for this forum, I'm not responding to his crap anymore. It's time to get back to real football discussion and let the drivel spewers kick rocks and get lost. GO PHINS!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 16, 2013 06:06PM

Date: May 17, 2013 11:28AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> Now as far as THE Truth and I are concerned,
> Crowder, you'd be surprised that our behind the
> scenes argument, which he accurately revealed had
> him quit as a moderator had to do with a
> disagreement, or misunderstanding, maybe on my
> part I'll concede, that was far less important and
> far less bitter than arguments we have had against
> each other UPFRONT ON THE CHATBOARD both BEFORE
> and AFTER he quit as a moderator.
>
> I mean before that blowup, we had questioned each
> other's intelligence and sanity as well. You'd be
> surprised at how small the issue that blew him up
> was in comparison to that.
>
> I understand why he got mad but I just never
> understood why he got THAT mad. I even apologized
> to him but to no avail.

Yeah that would be nice to sit and have a beer with Truth and Chyren, and laugh about it all one day... But obviously he was pretty upset if all of that ensued, so might be for the best for a while, who knows... He is probably mad at me for quoting this, but you sound pretty level headed and accepting responsibility about the breakdown in communication, so it is worth the heat....
I didn't know Ghoti got banned, that sucks, and we use to get into it as much as anyone... Ghoti is a trip, whether or not he could be pretty harsh sometimes I can't argue with... It would be nice to see him back... I only recall the many names of MIa, or thunder, etc, and MikeO....

Nietzsche

Date: May 17, 2013 11:47AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Now as far as THE Truth and I are concerned,
> > Crowder, you'd be surprised that our behind the
> > scenes argument, which he accurately revealed
> had
> > him quit as a moderator had to do with a
> > disagreement, or misunderstanding, maybe on my
> > part I'll concede, that was far less important
> and
> > far less bitter than arguments we have had
> against
> > each other UPFRONT ON THE CHATBOARD both BEFORE
> > and AFTER he quit as a moderator.
> >
> > I mean before that blowup, we had questioned
> each
> > other's intelligence and sanity as well. You'd
> be
> > surprised at how small the issue that blew him
> up
> > was in comparison to that.
> >
> > I understand why he got mad but I just never
> > understood why he got THAT mad. I even
> apologized
> > to him but to no avail.
>
> Yeah that would be nice to sit and have a beer
> with Truth and Chyren, and laugh about it all one
> day... But obviously he was pretty upset if all
> of that ensued, so might be for the best for a
> while, who knows... He is probably mad at me for
> quoting this, but you sound pretty level headed
> and accepting responsibility about the breakdown
> in communication, so it is worth the heat....
> I didn't know Ghoti got banned, that sucks, and we
> use to get into it as much as anyone... Ghoti is a
> trip, whether or not he could be pretty harsh
> sometimes I can't argue with... It would be nice
> to see him back... I only recall the many names of
> MIa, or thunder, etc, and MikeO....

This really isn't the place to have this discussion so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here. However, since you guys brought it up, there are a few things that need to be addressed to set the record straight on this issue:

1) It wasn't a "small issue", but it was the culmination of ongoing events...to a degree.

2) "Level-headed" isn't a phrase I'd use to describe him, or how he acted back then...in fact its the antithesis of the word I, or anyone who read the PM's I have from the whole affair, would use.

3) It wasn't a "breakdown in communication" either. It was deluded, paranoid fantasies of persecution that Bob couldn't/wouldn't let go of.

4) Crowder...anytime you want to have a beer when we are in the same neighborhood, I'm in. Bob...not so much. Like I said before....I don't do crazy.

5) I could be mistaken on this, but I don't believe Ghotirule was banned. I'm sure if you PM JC on the subject he can clarify one way or the other.

And while you're at it, you can ask them if I'm exaggerating the degree of insanity I'm referring to in any way. I know for a fact that they will confirm every word that I've written.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2013 11:49AM by THE Truth.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:55AM

That just reconfirms my point that he took the matter way too seriously.

It all had to do with a behind the scene proposed truce arrived at in a pm and an acceptance and then charges that the truce was violated.

Hardly earth shaking stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2013 02:44PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:39PM

ghoti was obnoxious but he was a real fan and made different and legit points, whether you agreed with them or not. mikeo was also very obnoxious but knew his stuff. at one point (back when he was actually posting substantive things) I thought DK was mikeo retuned under another name. I don't think either ghoti or mike o should have been banned, and both were more legit posters than DK who is obnoxious and adds nothing to any conversation any more other than just reflexively responding ireland/ross/RT suck, even if the subject has nothing to do with any of that. mia1/thunder/etc was just some 11 year old kid who was very very annoying and had nothing to say and said it repeatedly. not sure he should have been banned either but can't say I am upset he's gone. dolfan1 is just a pats fan who only pops up in-season when the phins are losing to talk about how great the pats are. he may be the most annoying of all.

Date: May 17, 2013 02:49PM

Berk- MikeO was a douche, and when he was warned and suspended, he acted like it didn't even bother him and kept acting like douche... But he did have some football knowledge... Everybody else didn't really bother me.. But I think they all were reprimanded by moderators, even suspended for a few days,and ignored the warnings, so something had to happen I suppose...

Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
>
> Berk, you said some have been banned for a lot
> less. I don't know why Ghotirule was banned ....

There's a very good reason why you don't know why Ghotirule was banned. Because he WASN'T banned. He simply quit because he didn't get along with someone else, who eventually was banned after that. I think....it's been a while.

and, this thread is way off topic. Time to put all this re-hashed stuff to bed.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.