HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dion Jordon? Is he...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dion Jordon? Is he...
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 26, 2013 06:23AM

Getting all the way up to #3 and then...not taking LT and going DE!

Ireland definitely had his big boy pants on yesterday...

This move tells me a few things including the fact the staff has not given-up on J Martin and it's possible we go into the season with him at LT. Imagine that -- even though some around here have Martin statistically interpolated as a "bust."

By the way did you happen to notice the first SIX PICKS were either edge protectors or edge attackers? Quite an interesting revelation on state of the current N F L.

Speaking of currents it seems our football magnets are trending towards a disruptor D as opposed to a cover the receivers as long as you can D. Bottom line -- it's more critical than ever to put the QB down as opposed to trying to hang onto receivers running wild throughout the secondary. Of course you still need coverage but DISRUPTION is the #1 objective.

I'm still laughing at the sight of the Lady in NE trying to "run" and looking like a drunk arthritic albatross. That was so precious sweetie! Maybe this Dion kid can give us some of that action! I'm looking forward to pissing my pants laughing...

One down side -- I really DON'T LIKE the fact this kid is coming off shoulder surgery. First, he isn't expected to be ready for TC let alone all the OTAs. And second, didn't we focking learn a lesson with soLong?

I can only hope we didn't pull a Patty White on this one and draft a kid we didn't thoroughly vet in order to maintain stealth. Remember when Patty showed-up in camp and couldn't throw the rock? Someone in the org forgot to actually work the kid out.

So I'm really curious to know how much investigation we did on Dion?

How confident is the staff his shoulder will prove to be a COMPLETE NON-ISSUE?

Bottom line, you don't make that trade and pick all the way up at #3 unless you're 95%+ sure on the outcome.

My opinion. Of course.

That and passing on Lane Johnson could prove to be a huge (HUGE) mistake.

But hey. I'm on board for now. But with the above noted reservations.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 06:25AM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dion Jordon? Is he...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 06:29AM

I can picture the lady in new england running for his life and beggin for mercy.

right from the blidside michael will come.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 26, 2013 06:54AM

Date: April 26, 2013 07:02AM

quote jim: but am confident we will end up with a good offensive line before the draft and FA are over.

If we do not then its going to be another wasted year. It all starts at the trenches.

Date: April 26, 2013 07:16AM

We will know by the end of today if we plan to resolve the OL situation in the draft.

As noted, I don't think the FA market is dried up, but rather likely about to get more fertile ground.

It going to be interesting to see how much Ireland is willing to play out the chicken game with KC.

- KC really doesn't need to have the salary hit of keeping BA

I'm hoping we do something valuable to the team with our 2 or even move up, and offer a 3rd and some lesser pick for BA at this point.

Date: April 26, 2013 07:18AM

We can give one of the 3rds for him.....not a second please.

Date: April 26, 2013 08:27AM

> We can give one of the 3rds for him.....not a second please.

I agree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.