HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Troy Aikman to Novaceck The real deal Tannehill to Tyler Eifert
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Troy Aikman to Novaceck smiling smiley The real deal Tannehill to Tyler Eifert smiling smiley
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 05:17AM

Any F_ing questions?

GO PHINS GO HEAT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Troy Aikman to Novaceck smiling smiley The real deal Tannehill to Tyler Eifert smiling smiley
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 24, 2013 05:23AM

I would have no problem with that. At least we would be going after a great player, and not trading down to get mediocrity.

We need to come out of this draft with at least two top flight players.

Re: Troy Aikman to Novaceck smiling smiley The real deal Tannehill to Tyler Eifert smiling smiley
Date: April 24, 2013 06:39AM

Agreed about no trading down for mediocrity.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 06:55AM

I think we should save this post for posterity. In 3 years it will either be totally laughable or clairvoyant

Date: April 24, 2013 08:12AM

I will take punishment for it, if it goes down south. I don't mind.

4 things can happen.

1. We draft Eifert and he becomes great and tannehills main target.
2. We draft him and he becomes a bust.
3. Another team drafts him and he becomes a star.
4. Another team drafts him and he becomes a bust.

i take responsability for number 2 and 4....

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 24, 2013 08:16AM

Ever occur to you guys that there's a very real possibility of us trading down, and the mediocre player we get is........Tyler Eifert?

Date: April 24, 2013 08:23AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever occur to you guys that there's a very real
> possibility of us trading down, and the mediocre
> player we get is........Tyler Eifert?

If we trade down to 14 or so.....we might be able to get him

If we trade down too far....Forget it.

We might not even have a chance at him at number 12.

Date: April 24, 2013 08:51AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Agreed about no trading down for mediocrity.

I agree. But where does it state that trading down breeds mediocrity? And furthermore where does it state that picking at 12 or even moving up guarantees a Pro bowler or even a starter? Ask Tedd Ginn and Zack Thomas were they were picked. Better yet, ask Jimmy Johnson and Mr Ireland their philosophies on the draft. JJ states the MORE the better. Then ask yourself, who has the better draft record? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 24, 2013 09:05AM

tcpf wrote: But where does it state that trading down breeds mediocrity?

I was just going with the odds.

The higher pick you have the better odds are that you are going to find a great player. Its just common sense.

Date: April 24, 2013 09:11AM

Date: April 24, 2013 09:14AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> tcpf wrote: But where does it state that trading
> down breeds mediocrity?
>
>
> I was just going with the odds.
>
>
> The higher pick you have the better odds are that
> you are going to find a great player. Its just
> common sense.

Based on what? Common sense/ Really? That's the day before the draft hype talking bud. You are drunk on Draft hype. Higher picks do not equate into championships. When was the last time the Pats had a low draft pick? The Steelers? You win championships by drafting well in the middle/low rounds. The more the better. You move up for anyone besides a QB , you are an idiot. Our best Players of alltime, Dan Marino , JT, Zach Thomas , all were taken low in the 1st round, 3rd, ad 5th rounds. THATS FACT and common sense. winking smileythumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 24, 2013 09:24AM

Date: April 24, 2013 09:26AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Agreed about no trading down for mediocrity.
>
>
> I agree. But where does it state that trading down
> breeds mediocrity?

Another thing...You agree or Disagree?

Date: April 24, 2013 09:29AM

Show me a poster beside you TCPF who would prefer to picking late in every round to picking high.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 24, 2013 09:38AM

SamSam, you know I agree with you on NOT trading down. I hate that.

but I can't agree with you on Tyler Eifert. I agree he will probably be great and an all pro.

However, we have too many holes.

I think we need DT, DB or RT first. JMO. If we can get a great guy at those positions, we should do that first.

Hey listen, THEORETICALLY, a team can just keep snatching pro bowlers or even Hall of Fame guys every draft regardless of the teams' needs and end up NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS every year.

Funny but there are two very different sins I see.

On the left side of the scale, you have IRELAND trading down and down and down and ending up with a bunch of nobodies.

On the Right side of the scale, you have the people that just grab the best player available WITHOUT ANY REGARD TO NEED.

I say, like my politics, stay in the middle. Take the best player available at a position of need.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 24, 2013 09:43AM

Date: April 24, 2013 09:45AM

QUote: I say, like my politics, stay in the middle. Take the best player available at a position of need.

I say stay where we are i agree 1000 percent chren.....The moment we start to trade down the chances of picking a good player diminishes because other teams get a chance to draft before you.

They might take that player you had targeted when you traded down. And this is one of the reasons you see teams trading down more than once.

Trade down and wait for a player but that player gets taken right before you...Then trade down again..

why not just take that player with your original pick....

Date: April 24, 2013 09:47AM

1000% agreement with you SamSam. I only wish that Ireland would listen to you.

Date: April 24, 2013 09:49AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Show me a poster beside you TCPF who would
> prefer
> > to picking late in every round to picking high.
>
>
> I'd prefer to pick last in every round each and
> every year between the 2014 draft and the second
> coming.

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL. some people would settle for picking 31st and seeing your team
lose in the bowl. Id settle for anything as much as we phins fans been through after dan left?

Date: April 24, 2013 09:58AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> 1000% agreement with you SamSam. I only wish that
> Ireland would listen to you.

No NO nO chren.....I wish the phins organization would listen to you and me and fire irelands @$$ OUT.

Date: April 24, 2013 10:02AM

Chren if the moves weve made dont pan out and the draft picks we have this year do not work out....Irelend need to go man...Im serious im sick of this...

Hopefully it all works out and we become a playoff team for once in like 20 years...except the pennington year, weve been bad every year...And we won that year because brady got hurt lets not be blind either...

Date: April 24, 2013 10:02AM

One of my three college apartment roommates was a grad student from France. He used to say in his thick accent about a bad player that "He must be blackmailing the coach."

Well, Ireland must be blackmailing somebody.

Date: April 24, 2013 10:09AM

I dont know what he is doing but he keeps strugling with all the moves he makes and he gets to keep his job.

Only happens in phinsland.

Date: April 24, 2013 03:05PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
>
>
> And you are a DUMB RETARD. A dumb retard who is
> saying its the same thing to have the first pick
> overall in the first round to having the 31 pick
> in the first.

And how did you come to that conclusion ? I least I know terrorism is against the law Einstein........eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 24, 2013 03:08PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Show me a poster beside you TCPF who would prefer
> to picking late in every round to picking high.

Why? I stand behind everything I said By myself. I gave reasons to why I feel that way and do not need the judgment of masses to make a point. Can I ask you a serious question? Are you really this dumb ? Does it come easy to you or do you really work at it? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2013 04:07AM

TCPF you call me dumb but you rather pick lower in every round as opposed to picking real high....

And you are still confused who is the retard here?

Date: April 25, 2013 09:29AM

I apologize for lowering myself to your level.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2013 10:17AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I apologize for lowering myself to your level.

I hadnt call you any names and you call me an idiot all of a sudden.

I understand you feel guilty because of that.

So im the one whos supposed to be talking about me lowering to your level...

I dont have anything against anybody here TCPF.

I just do not like turning the other cheek because im not a saint. If you dish it you have to be able to take it.

I repeat i do not have anything against you. Im cool with everyone here....I just do not like to be called idiot when i reply to someone s post especially when i wasnt calling you out or been disrespectul in any kind of way.

Only children do that. And maybe older people with mental problems.

Date: April 25, 2013 12:42PM

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 01:00PM

I am all for moving back and picking up extra picks. The draft is often little more than a crap shoot. The more picks you get the better your odds of finding a star. Aside from the occasional sure-fire star coming out (e.g. Andrew Luck last year), there is no sure thing. There were a lot of questions about RGIII and his transition to the pros last year (still are after his injury). For every RGIII drafted 2nd, there is a Heath Shuler or Ryan Leaf drafted 2nd, or Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick drafted in a later round.

Every team has all the players coming out rated, and every team rates the players differently. If you know the BPA on your board will fall a few spots because other teams don't have him rated as highly or aren't in need of that position, then by all means try to trade down and pick up extra picks.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.