HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Revis traded
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Revis traded
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 11:54AM

bucs get revis, jets get bucs 1st rounder (13) this year and a pick (4th or 3d) next year

jet's now pick a few picks ahead of us an 1 pick after us

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Revis traded
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:43PM

...it's typical of NY (and the greater North East) to send their shit south because they loves wheeling & dealing with dumb-ass red necks who' give up R1 for bloody trash.

Or is he?

Either way -- duh J - E - T - S are a shoo-in to be crap-crap-crap for an extended period of timelessness.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 12:45PM

Who will they take at 9?

They need DE, OL, TE, WR, CB, S, QB?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 21, 2013 01:08PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who will they take at 9?
>

Good question.

I think this makes them a complete wild card now.

I think they were a safe bet to go for Mingo or another pass rusher at #9. But now they could go for any of their other needs at #9 and grab a pass rusher at #13.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see them trade #9 to a team looking to move up for Austin or Eifert.

They have a lot of holes to fill and I'm guessing they might be tempted to add as many picks in this draft as possible.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 01:19PM

Agree on the trade up and Jets trading down to pick up more picks. San Fran for Austin?

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 01:40PM

Stupid Bucs.

Date: April 21, 2013 01:52PM

Heres to the Jets screwing up both picks!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:40PM

This could signal the beginning of the end for sexy rexy, this is an obvious rebuilding move, not sure that the NY media and rabid Jets fans will keep giving him a pass.

Also, could they reach on a QB with one of those picks now? Either way, they just got one of the best CB out of our division (and conf.) smileys with beer

Date: April 21, 2013 03:02PM

i could see them drafting geno smith with one of the 1st rounders now. hope so! I think he'll be a bust and set them back another 5 years

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 09:17AM

I think they Jest might grab Nassib, but hes nothing to worry about. I hope the bucs don't trade for the Sanchize.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 22, 2013 09:36AM

Date: April 22, 2013 08:27PM

Rex is just an ego driven loudmouth. He wore Revis on his hand like a fancy Ring he loved to show off. Revis is a great player no doubt , but the way he used to just ignore the contracts signed and sit out , his recent injuries , Yet Ryan had to have him. So many of the bad free agent moves he made falls directly on him. God I hope they blow these first Two picks. That will cement their destruction for a while to come. Rookies rarely have an immeadiate impact. I don't see them accomplishing much either way. FU Rexy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 23, 2013 03:20AM

Based on their record, I see an underachieving/flop pass rusher being selected at one of the spots. Most are mocking Barkevious to NY...and Tavon Austin.

What they should do....Draft Austin at 9. Trade 13 to SF and load up on picks and a QB at 31. They are in full rebuilding mode.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 24, 2013 11:49AM

Hey, eesti. Others have been talking that they really should draft Matt Barkley, even at their no. 1 pick?

Whaddaya think?

Jokes aside.

Date: April 24, 2013 11:51AM

I don't see the jets taking another pretty boy, weak armed, USC QB

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 01:14PM

What intrigues me about this deal is the contract... WHile the Bucs gave him a lot of money 16 million a year... (for perspective we gave Mike Wallace 13 million a year).

It seems none of Revis's money is guaranteed. He gets 13 million a year in base salary, each year. He gets a 1.5 million roster bonus, and 1.5 million workout bonus each year for the 16 million dollar total.. Revis got zero signing bonus money, so need to prorate it, throughout the duration of the deal to lessen the immediate impact on cap. This method also puts money in the (potential big dead money category, as the Jets did and owe 12 million in dead money this year on him)...

If Revis isnt the same guy following the injury they cut him, it cost them nothing but the 1st rd draft pick and obviously a low conditional pick next year, if he doesn't return to form...

WHile the bucs took a risk, the deal isnt that bad if Revis is still Revis... The 16 a year I agree is still a lot to pay a corner and probably can be detrimental to having money to spend in other areas of need.. But at the end of the day, I like this type of contract and hope we see more players and teams move to this type of straightforward structure...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.