HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Boston Marathon
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Boston Marathon
Date: April 19, 2013 09:45PM

I believe a public stoning would be my worst. Could take up to several hours before you lose consciousness. Just repeated blows , over and over , slowly. The needle is such an easy way out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 20, 2013 12:46AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:34AM

I think mine would be being stranded on a deserted island.........with Chyrenspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 20, 2013 07:02AM

Iguess its all about being held to a "higher" standard. I've been spit at , punched , kicked , you name it. And if I so much as utter a swear word during it and its caught on tape , I'm the one held accountable.

We as a people need to some how be above inflicting any pain and discomfort even to people who have done it to Millions as in this case. I guess that's what separates us from the animals.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 09:31AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think mine would be being stranded on a deserted
> island.........with Chyrenspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That would be designed by Satan because we'd both be in Hell.

Date: April 20, 2013 09:41AM

Can you imagine the nurses and doctors taking care of his wounds as we speak? That's gotta be a tough pill to swallow. In the end always do the right thing. I try to anyway. I leave it to guys like Chyrene who pick up the ball and take care of it in another way. Its the American system. Far from perfect , but in the long run the bad guys usually get what they deserve and most of us sleep well at night. I you analyze it too much you will wind up going off the deep end. Is the draft here yet? Com'on already.........drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 09:41AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think mine would be being stranded on a
> deserted
> > island.........with Chyrenspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
>
> That would be designed by Satan because we'd both
> be in Hell.

Edited to add.

BTW, you wouldn't be one of those Islamists, would you?winking smiley

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:09AM

For every Mcveigh, there is a Jim Jones, radicals exist on both sides... The difference is I wasn't trying to demonize americans because of my political beliefs...
I appreciate the defense Chyren, at least I know there are some reasonable democrats on this site... Not trying to demonize and blame the right for everything they can, whether true or not... And then after that trying to demonize me, when their posts were proven not on point at all... I guess if I would follow MSNBC and liberal biased media, everybody would have liked my opinion better, whether accurate or not... Good thing these werent the guys in charge of this investigation or they still might be chasing some false lead on some michigan militia member, while the real perpetrators of this crime escaped...

The funny thing, is I have never read the NY post once in my life until the other day when Truth posted a link...ironic, I know.. I never even watched Fox news about this story, I am in the Bahamas and been here all week with my family only catching bits of pieces of information from CNN..
I am glad they are caught, and I hope everyone who was attempting to place blame in the wrong direction, sees the error of their ways, although I am certainly not holding my breath on that one....
My prayers are with the victims and the entire community of Boston for what they have been through these last few days... Their strength and resolve is inspiring...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 12:21PM by Crowder52.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:01AM

It seems that the story of the two brothers Tsarnev is as follows.

Older brother (and I believe younger brother) both brought over to America from Chechnya at the same time when younger brother was about 8 and older brother was about 16 or 17.

At some point, older brother goes back to Chechnya. Younger brother grows up in America and becomes a great wrestler on the school wrestling team.

Older brother I speculate keeps in touch with younger brother. I also speculate Older brother is getting radicalized at that point, first against the Russians and ultimately against the United States.

Younger brother, now a teenager, however leads a different life. He is liked by everyone in school. He is not bullied. His heart is in his wrestling. Everyone described him, from his schoolmates to his friends, as a happy-go-lucky kid who they would have thought would have been the last kid to do such a thing.

Now, we all know there are sometimes that we, our government, our schools our athletic organizations get stupid.

The younger brother was barred from competing in the "nationals" of wrestling competition because he was "not American." I don't have the details of whether they did it because he was just here on refugee status or whether because he was not a full citizen.

Those are the end of the facts.

But it doesn't take much to extrapolate that this older brother, who probably was radicalized when he went back to Chechnya, then began to make sense to the kid who is now under arrest.

So despite the fact that Hooligan aptly said I called for a "Holy War," there is enough blame to pass around even when we look into the mirror. I worked in a bureaucracy all my life and they are often more stupid than they make sense when it comes to rules.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:16AM

Chyren- Sounds like it could be a DC sniper type of relationship, where the older guys beliefs strongly influenced the younger one into doing horrible acts, that the older one planned out..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 20, 2013 11:19AM

That Kid was shooting and fighting the police almost to his last breath. I've met some Crazy SOB's in my time, most if not all halt when they are faced with a bunch of cops, guns drawn. This kid had every Top agency in the USA, Tanks, battle gar, you name it.....and he was still lighting bombs and throwing them at them. No, this kid was not turned over night. Nope. Don't buy it. And I don't care what the Uncle says, Dad who went back to Russia , is in this somehow.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 11:55AM

So did the older brother go back to Russia, Treasure.

But, and we both have to deal with motive, I'm agreeing that the kid got radicalized by his older brother and father but did the wrestling thing give them an opening.

What you have to realize is that these people are being directly oppressed by the Russians.

But it's easy to ask "Why are the Russians oppressing us? Is it because of our race or our religion?"

The filth from the Islamist convince them it is because of their religion. They then go on to say, "Therefore, it's not just the Russians, it's America and the Jewish State."

We're not far apart Treasure.

I'm just saying that the younger brother probably just nodded his head up and down when they would rant to him about America being an evil.

However, you add the disappointment he had about being discriminated against in his beloved wrestling sport and you've got the perfect storm.

Date: April 20, 2013 12:07PM

And also, I want to take time from my anger to feel sorry for the victims. All of them whose life will be changed unalterably.

However, I especially want to feel for not only the 8 year old boy but his parents.

I never thought there would be a worse feeling for a parent that those at Sandy Hook. Regrettably something always comes along to top the previous.

Those parents also lost their children and on that level one cannot be worse than the other.

But like Sandy Hook, when a child is 8 years old, you feel as a parent that it is your job to make them safe.

Those Sandy Hook parents are going to be in treatment for a long time.

However, I think that the Doctors will have a somewhat easier time relieving the Sandy Hook parents of the silly, stupid but inevitable feeling of guilt in that case.

All the Sandy Hook parents did is send their kids to school like every other day of their own, their parents, and their grandparents life. It's a normal part of life.

So was the Boston Marathon. And the parents of that 8 year old child should feel the same way.

But you and I know that those parents are going to be in the hell of thinking "I didn't HAVE to go. Why did I go?"

And please don't misinterpret me, I only say this because it is an additional reason to be angry at the Tsarnevs and all of the SOBs that indoctrinated them.

Date: April 20, 2013 12:21PM

Nope. I don't buy the Victim thing. The mindset here was different. They had no fear. This was instilled for a long while to have that kind of fearlessness. Its one thing to follow and when the older brother is killed put the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger its over. Laying injured holed up in a boat he was still fighting the Police. You don't do that with thinking about for a very long time. This was thought about , planned , and discussed. I'm glad he was taken alive. There are more out there. I'm sure of it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 01:01PM

I'm not saying it was not planned, Treasure, just speaking to a motivation besides the usual Islamist jihadist rap. I'm not saying they are victims either.

BTW, I was wrong.

It was the older brother who was quite a boxing champ but could not compete in something or other because he was deemed not an American or something.

After that, he went home to Chechnya and probably became radicalized then.

It was not the younger brother and his wrestling that was deraile3d.

It was then the older brother broke off from boxing.

The morale is why do we have dumb rules that don't make any sense.

Now, I'm not saying it is any excuse but you always look for reasons and when you find those reasons, you have to subject them to the same analysis.

Date: April 20, 2013 01:34PM

I can't understand any reasoning for violence like this. Same goes back to the Trench coat mafia assholes at Columbine. They had dairies about the cool kids ad how they were kept down. I think there were 6 of them? That's a group themselves. We all had different groups and levels of kids in our high school. We have them at work. You got the hot shot SWAT guys , the Nerdy detectives, you have the chosen ones that can't do no wrong. Its human nature. These Two were Fing Losers. They were preyed upon and radicalized by others with another agenda. They didn't do this themselves. No way. They came too hard back against an army of Law Enforcement. N way a 19 yr old kid fights back that hard without people preparing him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:40PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> That Kid was shooting and fighting the police
> almost to his last breath. I've met some Crazy
> SOB's in my time, most if not all halt when they
> are faced with a bunch of cops, guns drawn. This
> kid had every Top agency in the USA, Tanks, battle
> gar, you name it.....and he was still lighting
> bombs and throwing them at them. No, this kid was
> not turned over night. Nope. Don't buy it. And I
> don't care what the Uncle says, Dad who went back
> to Russia , is in this somehow.

really? wasn't he hiding all day and then gave up without a fight when found? there was a firefight earlier in the day but we don't know what role the older vs younger bro played in it. people are talking like they know how everything went down but as of now we don't.

Date: April 20, 2013 01:42PM

ChyrenB Wrote:

> The morale is why do we have dumb rules that don't
> make any sense.
>

what is the dumb rule you are referring to?

Date: April 20, 2013 02:01PM

Oh like maybe you can compete in a sport without anybody placing any restriction or regulation to stop you from getting started but once you rise to a certain level, then all of a sudden you are banned from going any higher.

Off hand I'd just offer the off the cuff assessment that the older brother was just like the younger brother and pretty much felt to be part of this new land. All the time his father is spewing hate about America in his ears and hate for anyone who is not Muslim. He is respectful of his father but doesn't "buy it" in his heart.

Then he is slapped down in a very figurative sense by being told, "You can rise this high, but no higher." Where have I heard that before.

He now reasons that everything his father and those radicals told him was right. That they will never be accepted by the West. That America is the Great Satan.

Again, not saying that it comes close to any excuse but I am saying that I wish we weren't so stupid sometimes.

This was probably some stupid rule that the boxing world probably had no business thinking up in the first place.

Again, ultimately we will have to confront radical Islam. I just wish we would not do stupid things ourselves to give them any arguable reason (not to be confused with an excuse or justification which I am not saying).

Date: April 20, 2013 02:05PM

Date: April 20, 2013 02:08PM

Date: April 20, 2013 02:26PM

Date: April 20, 2013 02:40PM

Well that depends. That guy who left his door open IS a victim. Although a stupid one. And yes I would educate him and still fight my hardest to get his property back.

UNLESS he now decided to fight back and he booby trapped his place and still left the door open. This time kids wandered in there and were blown to smithereens because he felt he was justified.

I have no time for this guys excuses or why he felt justified because his actions did not justify anything. The older asshole felt no remorse after his bombs Killed a 8yr old child and 2 women. He then went and targeted a cop sitting in a car and executed him. What fing cowards. More to this then just some dumb boxing match. His father is into something. Who leaves here and actually goes back to Russia? This kid is full of intell and was needed alive for a reason. I'm looking forward to reading more about this investigation in the coming weeks.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 02:56PM

But I agree entirely with what you posted just now. All I was saying was, to quote you "although a stupid one."

And I have no doubt that this stupid rule was not directed at Chechnyans or Islamists or anyone in particular. It's just one of the stupid rules we have in America that is fabric of our stupid bureaucratic way of doing things sometimes.

And it doesn't excuse or justify what he did and you're right, he has no reason to feel it did.

But when you want to know why the liquor owner got robbed, it's because the guy left his door open.

If you want to know why THESE kids were radicalized, then it was probably because they had been enticed and resisted, enticed again and resisted again, and they kept on being enticed until the boxing incident........

and of course you are right Treasure it is a trivial thing compared to the gravity of the lives lost.........

but you have to stop thinking justification and start thinking reasons.

There is a war for the minds of these people and every little thing like this, which we are correct in labeling "trivial," to them is a proof that the people trying to seduce them into radicalism are correct in contending "You will never be accepted in America."

On a personal level, Treasure, that can be devastating. Particularly if you have been arguing IN FAVOR of America and defying your father, who from every indication seems to hate not only Russia but America, and standing up for America and in your mind, they pay you back by saying "You are not REALLY one of us. And you never will be."

Date: April 20, 2013 06:04PM

JC. I left the Boston area in 1973. But am I right that if you stand in the middle of Harvard Square so that you're looking ahead at the business school and Brighton and Allston, and the bulk of the campus is behind you and if you stick out your left and that is pointing to Central Square and M.I.T. that if you stick out your right hand it would point to Watertown?

Or have I forgotten.

It seems that for a hot minute I recall having a bank account at Watertown Bank and Trust or is there such an institution?

Date: April 20, 2013 07:33PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 20, 2013 08:34PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Why would you close this thread i know its not
> football but its huge news.

I meant I'd close it *eventually*...as in, when it kind of stopped being news.

Date: April 20, 2013 08:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> JC. I left the Boston area in 1973. But am I
> right that if you stand in the middle of Harvard
> Square so that you're looking ahead at the
> business school and Brighton and Allston, and the
> bulk of the campus is behind you and if you stick
> out your left and that is pointing to Central
> Square and M.I.T. that if you stick out your right
> hand it would point to Watertown?
>
> Or have I forgotten.
>
> It seems that for a hot minute I recall having a
> bank account at Watertown Bank and Trust or is
> there such an institution?

You are spot-on correct in your assessment of where Watertown is. Next town over from Cambridge in the direction you mention. The other places are just as you said as well.

I know a Watertown Savings Bank....maybe an incarnation of the bank you had an account in...but with all the mergers and acquisitions over the years, anything is possible with bank names.

Date: April 20, 2013 09:20PM

Well folks, it's been quite a week to be a Bostonian. I've spent lots of time making sure people I know are safe (they are, as far as I can tell).

I've also taken in the events as they've unfolded, and it has really hit home. I'm sure you've all watched the coverage on TV; pretty much every single live shot, every clip, every location they've shown through all of this has occurred in a place I'm familiar with. With the exception of the actual side street where the younger brother surrendered--I've spent considerable time in all of those places.

I suppose this thread is winding down a bit now that they caught the younger of the two walking piles of excrement that were responsible for all of this. But I'll keep it open for a little while longer.

Date: April 21, 2013 08:17AM

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.