HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Boston Marathon
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Boston Marathon
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: April 15, 2013 05:45PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chrisnnavarre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hopefully they weren't living and studying in
> > Florida this time, then decided to drive on up
> to
> > Boston on their Florida Driver Licenses. eye rolling smiley
> >
> > What a terrible day for the people of Boston.
> If
> > these maggots have gotten back into the country
> > then we're really dropping the ball somewhere.
>
>
> LOL. Walking in through the Southern boarder
> would be easier then giving 11 Million people who
> proved how easy it is, all amnesty. Buts that's a
> different story for a different thread.
>
> When they disclose the materials used for the
> explosion it will say a lot. If its made of
> Military C4 and not homemade from fertilizer then
> we have a big problem on our hands.

I think the fact that the bombs, (whatever the explosive was) contained ball bearings is telling. Coupled with the fact that they were exploded at a time when everyone's guard would be down, i.e. shortly after the first crossings of the finish line and celebrations...this reminds me of those middle east, Israeli disco-tech type bombings.

If cell phones were the detonators then it really stinks of organized terrorism. Usually those people are suicide bombers, so that is a little strange but not unheard of. After the big 911 crack down, bombers in general may be in short supply so self preservation may be a personnel necessity for these organizations. It really is very concerning. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:10PM

What a cowardly attack on innocent civilians. Bad enough that the military has to deal with the dangers of bombings on daily basis overseas. Pisses me off even more when civilians are targeted, and right here at home at that. Sad reminder to our politicians that cutting funding from our national defense isn't a good thing.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:23PM

This is typical of what goes on every day in the Middle East, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Osama had promised to bring this type of violence directly to us. I find it hard to believe that this is domestic.

Moreover, there were two bombs at least. The OKC Bomber just used one truck loaded with fertilizer.

So actually it is DOMESTIC terrorists that use fertilizer. The foreign ones use explosives.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:35AM

The media needs to curb their rhetoric and refrain from suggesting that any "group" or "person" of a hostile organization was responsible for this horrific action. It could very well be a madman or madwoman born in the USA... a home grown nut job...WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:58AM

No one knows sh** right now. This could be domestic or foreign. Our security folks will find out and whoever it is will be dealt with.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 16, 2013 03:31AM

>
> When they disclose the materials used for the
> explosion it will say a lot. If its made of
> Military C4 and not homemade from fertilizer then
> we have a big problem on our hands.

Can you expand on that thought a little TCPF? I'm interested in hearing the law enforcement perspective.

Fertilizer was used in the first attempt to take down the World trade Center back in 1993. It was also a component of the car bomb that an islamic terrorist tried to light off in Times Square in NYC in 2010. It was also used in Oklahoma City.

I really have no idea who did this. It could be anyone. Heck, you can find the instructions for building a pipebomb out of fertilizer and ball bearings with a cellphone trigger on the internet.

The idea that its a high profile/big event, that there were lots of injuries (if few deaths so far), smells of Al Qaeda. But where's the gloating? By now they should have been all over this claiming credit, no? I'm not inclined to buy the Saudi guy in custody as someone involved. If this was lit off with a cell phone there's no way he's anywhere near it when it goes off and if he knew what it was he wouldn't run away in panic forcing someone to tackle him. You need to check him out but he's probably an innocent bystander. At least if those reports of how he was detained are accurate.

Then there's the date: Tax day, on Patriots day, in a city where our American Revolution began at a time in this country when people are being whipped into an anti-gov't frenzy over politics and their perceived threat to their "second amendment" or "gun" rights. Not too mention the close proximity to Hitler's Birthday on April 20th.

I think its far to early for anyone to jump to conclusions about who did this. We just have to sit back and let our law enforcement professionals do their jobs.

In a weird way, I'd prefer it to be some homegrown group. I don't want Al Qaeda to have the joy of having been able to hit us again.

And if its home grown, we can actually do something about it above and beyond drone strikes.

One things for sure. Whomever is responsible for this is a piece of shit and deserves whatever comes their way in the form of retribution.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 03:43AM

Well said truth. I agree

Date: April 16, 2013 03:56AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 04:36AM

I'm no expert on these matters but noticed on the explosion abc repeatedly showed the blast was upward. Thank God it was not outward. If you noticed the flags, their were many. None were tattered, ripped and I could see no holes. I think Al Qaeda would have been more particular and knowledgable regarding placement for maximum casaulties.

We will find the bastards

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 16, 2013 06:20AM

i suspect it will be one or 2 idiots. i doubt terror as they would already be claiming the "victory"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 16, 2013 07:02AM

Cowardly losers!

Its a shame America has become such a magnet for division of classes and a target for the haters and jealous of this world.

Domestic or terrorist? Who knows but until the whole of the population in America denounce and actively stand against such behavior, it will go on.

So sad to think of the families of these innocent people

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 07:06AM

They will catch them. When they do.......No mercy on them.

Off to the electric chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish there was a law on terrorist. When they catch you.....you will be terminated.

Date: April 16, 2013 07:30AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

>
> I wish there was a law on terrorist. When they
> catch you.....you will be terminated.

hmmm, pretty sure there are laws on terrorists

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 16, 2013 07:44AM

LOL berk

Date: April 16, 2013 08:04AM

Truth.....I just remember how the investigation went on catching Timothy McVeigh and the people who were responsible for the first Trade Center bombing back in 93'. G to ground Zero. Collect the evidence from the explosives used and go from there.

In McVeigh's case he used the fertilizer. CIA did a massive sweep on everyone who bought a large amount of the substance and they tracked him down. With the Trade Center Bombings, they were able to track the actual rental vehicles used to a place in NJ. The Bombers actually went back to get their deposits back!

Technology has become wayyyyyy more advanced since both of those incidents, and we are actually on the look out for them. Not so 20 yrs ago. But the materials used will tell the beginning of the story. Ball bearings, nails, whatever , will be analyzed for the smallest clue. They will have thousands of leads and they will be traced back one by one. Eventually , hopefully , they will follow a lead to a local Lowe's or Home depo with Video at the Check out. That would lead to maybe a credit card being used or a camera in the parking lot picking up a Tag on a car. They will get them.

If its a Military grade substance used..........that's going to be a whole different ball game. I believe they know if its a person or some crazy local organization. But Knowing and proving are two different things. They need to put together a rock solid case. I'm sure Local judges are signing away on searches left and right already.

Fing Cowards. Death by lethal injection is way too good for you. bring back the chair!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2013 08:15AM

> Truth.....I just remember how the investigation
> went on catching Timothy McVeigh and the people
> who were responsible for the first Trade Center
> bombing back in 93'. G to ground Zero. Collect the
> evidence from the explosives used and go from
> there.
>
> In McVeigh's case he used the fertilizer. CIA did
> a massive sweep on everyone who bought a large
> amount of the substance and they tracked him down.
> With the Trade Center Bombings, they were able to
> track the actual rental vehicles used to a place
> in NJ. The Bombers actually went back to get their
> deposits back!

Yeah...amazing. McVeigh got caught leaving the scene in a car with no licence plate and was already in custody when they figured out it was him 3 days later.

And the WTC bombers could have been living the high life in Afghanistan if one guy didn't want his cash deposit back.

They always make a mistake. Just have to look hard enough to find it.

>
> Technology has become wayyyyyy more advanced since
> both of those incidents, and we are actually on
> the look out for them. Not so 20 yrs ago. But the
> materials used will tell the beginning of the
> story. Ball bearings, nails, whatever , will be
> analyzed for the smallest clue. They will have
> thousands of leads and they will be traced back
> one by one. Eventually , hopefully , they will
> follow a lead to a local Lowe's or Home depo with
> Video at the Check out. That would lead to maybe a
> credit card being used or a camera in the parking
> lot picking up a Tag on a car. They will get them.
>
>
> If its a Military grade substance
> used..........that's going to be a whole different
> ball game. I believe they know if its a person or
> some crazy local organization. But Knowing and
> proving are two different things. They need to put
> together a rock solid case. I'm sure Local judges
> are signing away on searches left and right
> already.
>
> Fing Cowards. Death by lethal injection is way too
> good for you. bring back the chair!

NBC just reported the bombs were really low grade, low tech.

Made out of old fashioned pressure cookers with gun powder, nails and ball bearings.

This is looking more and more like home grown loonies.

Date: April 16, 2013 08:21AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> >
> > I wish there was a law on terrorist. When they
> > catch you.....you will be terminated.
>
>
> hmmm, pretty sure there are laws on terrorists

No kiddin berkley.........?

I mean when they catch you no questions asked....Electric chair with you.

Date: April 16, 2013 08:35AM

THE Truth Wrote:
>
> NBC just reported the bombs were really low grade,
> low tech.
>
> Made out of old fashioned pressure cookers with
> gun powder, nails and ball bearings.
>
> This is looking more and more like home grown
> loonies.

If true , that's actually good news. Just a matter of time. You know when you have the right person in an investigation. All of a sudden the pieces just fit. Could be something as simple as some loser in a bar making statements about blowing up the Boston Marathon a year ago during a drunken rage. Who knows? But I'm sure the leads are pouring in , judges are on standby with pens in hands, and one by one they will narrow it down to the asshole cowards.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2013 09:02AM

I doubt it will be much longer. They've got an unexploded bomb to go one. Also surveillance cameras in the area must've caught someone putting a bag in the trash cans. Sticking with my original view that due to the date (tax day, Patriots day) and city this is some looney citizen of the good ol USA

Date: April 16, 2013 09:18AM

Date: April 16, 2013 09:27AM

Hey folks. Lone wolf and Al Queda are NOT mutually exclusive.

I am telling you that this is Middle Eastern terrorism. The Saudi they caught may not be responsible. The only thing about him was (and I didn't know it at the time I posted) that he was tackled by another by-stander who "thought he looked suspicious and was running away."

I agree with the poster who said that such a person would hardly be where he could be a victim himself.

But more specifically, the only reason for him to be there would be that he planted the bomb there at that time.

But given there were two bombs that almost went off simultaneously, then it was clear that they were either timed or activated by phone. In either case, the guy would not be there.

But for all I hate right wing nut groups, it is not going to be them.

And I'll tell you another thing.

You have to give the Devil his due.

Al Queda is famous for striking us where and when we least expect it.

I have been worried since 9-11 as to how they were going to bring IED to the American homeland and in what forum.

I never thought of a marathon. Large crowd, big event but not, as we all had feared, the World Series or the Super Bowl or a Rock concert.

I keep having to bite my lip and constantly congratulate Al Queda on being able to hit us in a way that we SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT of but didn't and not hitting us where we expect it.

I know you guys want to take comfort in domestic terrorism but that's not it.

And if it is a domestic guy, it has to be like a Timothy McVeigh. He was not part of any right wing group.

As much as I hate the American Nazi party, the Klan and all the "America has been take over" anti-government haters, I think you guys owe them an apology. Outside of McVeigh WHO DIDN'T BELONG TO ANY GROUP, these guys still love America and would never commit such acts of violence not directed at any specific other group but just inflicting random violence on people who could be just like them.

It was a marathon, dudes. Not a gathering of liberals or government officials.

Give it UP! It's Middle Eastern terrorism again. As much as you DON'T want to acknowledge it.

Date: April 16, 2013 09:33AM

Yeah, Treasure but the complaint I have is that those pictures of the streets at the times the bombs were planted are usually of such poor quality that the people look no more than shadowy cartoons.

You would think in this digital era, the pictures would be better but they are not.

But the other pictures, such as in stores at the time of the purchases of the materials where lighting is better will be more helpful if the guy didn't carefully buy in small quantities over a period of time.

I'm talking about the bearings or whatever were used to "stuff" the bomb.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 09:37AM

Is there anything more low grade or low tech then box cutters.. Cause that was how the 9-11 terrorist hijacked the airplanes with box cutters, low tech doesn't suggest home grown, just resourcefulness...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 09:48AM

Date: April 16, 2013 09:50AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yeah, Treasure but the complaint I have is that
> those pictures of the streets at the times the
> bombs were planted are usually of such poor
> quality that the people look no more than shadowy
> cartoons.
>
> You would think in this digital era, the pictures
> would be better but they are not.
>
> But the other pictures, such as in stores at the
> time of the purchases of the materials where
> lighting is better will be more helpful if the guy
> didn't carefully buy in small quantities over a
> period of time.
>
> I'm talking about the bearings or whatever were
> used to "stuff" the bomb.

Recently on a Much much lower level, but significant, we were able to catch a POS who broke into a vehicle in a public city park. Just so happens that particular park does not have any sports activities just a boat dock so the city has yet to install any Video cameras there. We were able to get video from a neighbor who lives across the street from the park. It was a longshot but we got the picture of a silver jeep that parked next to the victim's car . It left North at a certain time. We then checked the Video of a bank down the street that that jeep would have to drive by that time. Got such good video and a partial Tag. Where do assholes that break into cars go? To the nearest parking lot to check the goods they stole. They checked walmart 3 miles away and bango.........Silver jeep with complete Tag. Pictures of Aholes . It doesn't always happen that way, a lot of times its pure luck and stupidity on their part.

But this is a much much more serious crime , the agencies involved have WAY more resources , Probably access to satellite footage of the event, and thousands of more witnesses. With the new evidence I feel good about the chances of getting these cowards to justice. And they will be looking to make examples of them. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2013 10:46AM

Date: April 16, 2013 11:35AM

Chren i think a human should not kill another human....As far as the death penalty goes...I believe in god in every sense of the word.

But these terrorist acts have gone way too far. It gets me P!$$ED off....

But something has to be done to set an example so that the next terrorist will think about it twice before doing something like this.

Castration by surgury with anesthethia and all. Performed like a regular sergury.....How the hell do you spell surgiry. F.

That would be something that would get them thinking. Then again these individuals are so sick i dont think that would stop them a bit.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 16, 2013 11:46AM

Alrighty then, I think we just hit the "time to stop following this post" point.

Date: April 16, 2013 11:55AM

ChyrenB Wrote:

> We need a Constitutional Amendment that states
> "Cruel and Unusual punishment shall not be defined
> by any Court of this land to apply to any kind of
> punishment that was NOT recognized as Cruel or
> Unusual in the year 1789 when this Constitution
> was adopted. Further, all sentences in the
> various states that have been suspended or
> reversed by reason of a prior judicial different
> interpretation of the Eighth Amendment are hereby
> reinstated."

so you'd be OK with sticking someone in the microwave as means of punishing a shop lifter? or sticking a cattle prod up his ass?

Date: April 16, 2013 12:17PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > We need a Constitutional Amendment that states
> > "Cruel and Unusual punishment shall not be
> defined
> > by any Court of this land to apply to any kind
> of
> > punishment that was NOT recognized as Cruel or
> > Unusual in the year 1789 when this Constitution
> > was adopted. Further, all sentences in the
> > various states that have been suspended or
> > reversed by reason of a prior judicial
> different
> > interpretation of the Eighth Amendment are
> hereby
> > reinstated."
>
>
> so you'd be OK with sticking someone in the
> microwave as means of punishing a shop lifter? or
> sticking a cattle prod up his ass?

Of course! Its not like mankind evolves or anything.

Ironically, if we are going to go only by the rules as they existed in 1789, Bob is going to have to un-retire...if you know what I mean. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 12:52PM by THE Truth.

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.