HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Football Gameplan's 2013 April Mock Draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Football Gameplan's 2013 April Mock Draft
Posted by: EmDiggy ()
Date: April 01, 2013 03:52AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 April Mock Draft
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 02, 2013 07:55AM

You lost me when you called Tanne "check down charlie". Are you sure you watch Miami football, or are you just incredibly drunk and actually had been watching Sanchez?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 02, 2013 08:02AM

He thinks henne is still here.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 02, 2013 09:23AM

He is a jest fan im telling you.

GO jets.........................To the super bowel.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 02, 2013 09:34AM

Tannehill doesnt check down so much as he throws to the guy he picked before the snap of the ball.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 02, 2013 09:50AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tannehill doesnt check down so much as he throws
> to the guy he picked before the snap of the ball.

No, he just reads so quickly IT LOOKS THAT WAY TO YOU.

Date: April 02, 2013 10:13AM

thumbs up smileys with beer

.....................................................................................

Date: April 02, 2013 10:18AM

Ryan Tannehill's arm makes the speed of light wish it were faster.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 02, 2013 11:52AM

From what I saw, and a lot of young QB's do this, he tended to stare down his primary option to much... and release the ball quick to that option, not always letting the play develop... Henne did the same thing.... But I wouldnt say Tannehill was a checkdown Charlie, to much unless coverage truly dictated it. I agree he didnt let it rip all that often and was fairly conservative with his choices and protecting the ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 02, 2013 12:26PM

Tannehill had options?

Date: April 02, 2013 01:31PM

Yes, Hartline, Fasano, Bess, and Bush among others were all Tannehill options depending on the play... But far to much, Tannehill decided who he was throwing to long before the ball was snapped and tended to stare that guy down...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 03, 2013 03:31AM

Once again, things are never that simple. Were the other receivers consistently open? Probably not. Did he have faith they would get open? Probably not.

Was the O-line providing enough time for him to get through his progressions? Not exactly. Did he figure out that he had better get rid of the ball quick? Yes.

Did he have faith that his receiver would fight for the ball and not cause an int? Probably not. Can he get better as he gains experience? Most likely. Will having a more physical receiver that fights for the ball (like Gibson) help him? Probably?

Date: April 03, 2013 04:22AM

Lol, the failures on offense were as much Tannehill's fault as anyone else's.. I know in order to make you feel warm and fuzzy, the failures were on everybody but Tannehill.. But anyone with half a football IQ knows that surely was not the case... Tannehill was very raw last year and has a long way to go with his game.. Just as Ireland and Philbin have both said repeatedly.. It is lame that you constantly insult the whole team to try and protect RT.. At least Ryan Tannehill actually takes the blame for his shortcomings, the ones you emphatically blame on others..

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 04:26AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:31AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Lol, the failures on offense were as much
> Tannehill's fault as anyone else's.. I know in
> order to make you feel warm and fuzzy, the
> failures were on everybody but Tannehill..

That just it. You never acknowledge anyone's faults other than Tannehill's. You continually want to judge him as if he is a seasoned vet or a 4 year college starter and for some reason feel the need to call him out every chance you get. I guess you feel the need to take up the slack for DFK...but that just goes back to the fact that you need to make yourself "warm and fuzzy" to convince yourself you were right about not drafting him.

But
> anyone with half a football IQ knows that surely
> was not the case...

HAHA....I guess you should know it then. Why don't you? That's too be expected though....You also thought Channing Crowder was an elite LB'er. LOL

Tannehill was very raw last
> year and has a long way to go with his game..

Everyone knows he needs to get better. The difference is we can also see the potential and acknowledge his abilities as where you will never admit it because you are still trying to prove you were right about him all along. It's so sad really.

Just
> as Ireland and Philbin have both said repeatedly..
> It is lame that you constantly insult the whole
> team to try and protect RT..

Insult the whole team? That's funny. Saying someone played poorly is not an insult. It just happens to be the truth. That's why some of them were not resigned. You just go ahead and try to sell that our 2012 line and WR's were top notch. That really proves to everyone how high your "football IQ" is...lol

Date: April 03, 2013 06:04AM

And Crowder, had the team had the same impeccable "football IQ" as you, we would have been sitting here with Justin Blackmon, talking about how we need an upgrade over Matt Moore and arguing over drafting Manuel, Barkley, Geno Smith or annother 2nd round QB...or trading for Matt Flynn, Carson Palmer or Alex Smith.

Thank goodness for the people with less than "half a football IQ"!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 06:18AM by eesti.

Date: April 03, 2013 04:14PM

eesti Wrote:
> Tannehill had options?

smileys with beer LOL.

Date: April 03, 2013 04:18PM

Tannehill was INSTANTLY the best quarterback we had since Dan Marino. I've been watching since Griese's first year when he was second string.

I could see that in the first couple of games, maybe even in pre-season.

Anybody can see that IF he is surrounded with the right or even adequate amount of talent, both blocking and receiving, he'll give Luck and RGIII a run for their money.

Date: April 03, 2013 10:33PM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 05, 2013 06:22AM

Crowder is way right on this one. Tannehill would decide who to throw before snap then stare them down.

Many times receivers were open, but he had already thrown it to the double covered guy.

Cryen is smokin the pipe and drinking the kool-ade.

Date: April 05, 2013 08:13AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Crowder is way right on this one. Tannehill would
> decide who to throw before snap then stare them
> down.
>
> Many times receivers were open, but he had already
> thrown it to the double covered guy.
>
> Cryen is smokin the pipe and drinking the
> kool-ade.

Dolphin Can you please E'mail me some of that GANJA and big FAT CRACK ROCK you smoking on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 09:08AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 05, 2013 08:26AM

People who think Tannehill was a reach, has little talent and will be a bust....

1 Dolphin
2 DolfanKing
3 Crowder52

People who think Tannehill has done well and is going to be a good QB....

1 The rest of the football world

Date: April 05, 2013 08:38AM

People who think Tannehill was a reach, has little talent and will be a bust....

1 Dolphin
2 DolfanKing
3.Mia1

People who think Tannehill has done well and is going to be a good QB....

1 The rest of the football world

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 02:06AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 05, 2013 09:01AM

If you guys are going to use my name and say what you think I have said can you at least be accurate... I have never said Tannehill was a bust nor had little talent and challenge either of you to prove otherwise... If you dont have that evidence of me saying he is a bust, I will await your apology and retraction.. If you are not man enough to admit your foolishness lies about others then I guess it is ok if I start some lies and mistruths about you...

Yes I think he was a reach last year, so did Ireland who said he broke his own draft rules when he drafted RT because of his lack of experience... Yes I am not ready to anoint him the next coming of Dan Marino until he actually does so on the field... Yes I can actually be fair in judging him and not have to blame our offense's shortcomings last year on everybody but him..

Nietzsche

Date: April 05, 2013 09:03AM

I thought Mia1 was kicked off the board BEFORE last year's draft.

and dolphin, if that what it means to support Tannehill then I REFUSE TO PUT DOWN THE PIPE!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 05, 2013 11:27AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If you guys are going to use my name and say what
> you think I have said can you at least be
> accurate... I have never said Tannehill was a bust
> nor had little talent and challenge either of you
> to prove otherwise... If you dont have that
> evidence of me saying he is a bust, I will await
> your apology and retraction.. If you are not man
> enough to admit your foolishness lies about others
> then I guess it is ok if I start some lies and
> mistruths about you...
>

I agree. Of the guys on that side of the fence you have been far more reasonable than they others. Not fair to lump you all together.

> Yes I think he was a reach last year, so did
> Ireland who said he broke his own draft rules when
> he drafted RT because of his lack of experience...

Yeah, Ireland never said he "reached" for Tannehill. Not that I ever read anyway. He did say he wen't against his prototype in that he didn't have the requisite number of college starts he generally looks for in QB's. But he followed that with saying the talent was just too good to pass up because of a "prototype".

Going off script and reaching for a lesser talent are two COMPLETELY different things.

> Yes I am not ready to anoint him the next coming
> of Dan Marino until he actually does so on the
> field... Yes I can actually be fair in judging him
> and not have to blame our offense's shortcomings
> last year on everybody but him..

The proof will be in the proverbial pudding. He'll either get it done or he won't. Even if we don't fix the O-line completely this year he has enough talent around him now to take a large step forward this year.

Date: April 05, 2013 12:58PM

Date: April 05, 2013 03:19PM

It also appears I am not the only guy in the world, that thinks we need to "kind of" see a big jump in Tannehill's development...

Nietzsche

Date: April 05, 2013 05:15PM

Funny, that's the thing that impressed me most was his quick transition from the college game (when he was only QB for one year) to what I thought was a pretty good first year.

He's not going to make a "big jump" until he gets a "big jump" in his supporting cast.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 06, 2013 03:27AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> It also appears I am not the only guy in the
> world, that thinks we need to "kind of" see a big
> jump in Tannehill's development...

I don't know that we need to see a big jump but we definitely need to see progression.

Barring the fact that he ends up playing in front of a sieve of an o-line, I'd say we need to see him throw for 3,600 20/12 and a QBR north of 85. Barring injury(s) or total O-line collapse, anything short of that would be a major cause for concern.

Date: April 06, 2013 10:45AM

85+ QBR sounds about right for what we need to see. I think the 3600 yards is likely. The redzone is where I want to see the most improvement..Hopefully we see more then 20 TDs, that is on the verge of mediocre, and I am not really looking for mediocre.. If you want to be considered a top 15-20 QB, you need to throw for north of 20 TDs IMO.. Unless your score a lot of rushing TDs...
But I hear where u are coming from, ultimately I will be happy with a winning record then hopefully more TD's then interceptions, combined with more consistent play, better pocket awareness and redzone.. Averaging 18 pts a game just doesn't cut it, that puts us in the bottom 5 of NFL teams as far as scoring last year.. TO be a top 15 team we need to avg around 23.5 pts a game. TO be a top ten team we need to avg over 25 pts a game..
Other then yards he needs to make pretty big jump everywhere else in his development to meet those type of standards IMO..With his intelligence and athleticism, he is capable but that is a lot to expect....

Nietzsche

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.