HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hartline's contract
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hartline's contract
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 09:41AM

just read on twitter the following from B Volin:

Hartline's first two base salaries are fully guaranteed: $715k in 2013 and $4.785 million in 2014. Last three bases are $5.9m, $6.1m, $6.1m

very interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hartline's contract
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 11, 2013 09:46AM

If he got an 8 mil signing bonus and 12 mil guaranteed, that puts his cap hits at....

2013 2.315m
2014 6.385m
2015 7.5 m
2016 7.7m
2017 7.7m

2015 (3.4m dead space if released)
2016 (no dead money)

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 11, 2013 09:55AM

this year is very reasonable. I expect we keep him around at that deal for 2014. I could easily see him cut for 2015 unless he is preforming better than he did last year.

Date: March 11, 2013 10:07AM

...and we can always restructure. He is just going to get more and more entrenched in the community with Tannehill and Moore, etc.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:37PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this year is very reasonable. I expect we keep him
> around at that deal for 2014. I could easily see
> him cut for 2015 unless he is preforming better
> than he did last year.

Cutting him in 2015 would count $4.2M against the cap. That's less than $2M than it would cost to keep him. The scale tips in 2016 though, when the cap hit would be $2.8M, and they could save over $3M by cutting him.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:52PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > this year is very reasonable. I expect we keep
> him
> > around at that deal for 2014. I could easily
> see
> > him cut for 2015 unless he is preforming better
> > than he did last year.
>
>
> Cutting him in 2015 would count $4.2M against the
> cap. That's less than $2M than it would cost to
> keep him. The scale tips in 2016 though, when the
> cap hit would be $2.8M, and they could save over
> $3M by cutting him.

By the 4th and 5th years of this contract a starting WR of his caliber at $7m a year will probably be considered a bargain.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 01:29PM

I agree Hartline will probably outplay his contract, and we will consider him a steal at that price... The whole question to me about Hartline and Tannehill for that matter; why did Hartline and Tannehill have such a problem in the red zone.. Was it on Hartline, was it on Tannehill, was it on the system or playcalling? To me it seemed Tannehill's game wasnt enitrely ready for the pressure, less time, less room,etc that redzone football encompasses. RT didnt seem to want to take those chances and ripp it in tight spots... He was a bit gun shy... Didnt want to give up the 3 pts or create turnover, so he was a bit shy about threading the needle, which many times is needed to complete redzone TDs... I guess it could be a culmination of factors, the more room or seperation, the player or play calling creates the more comfortable RT will be letting it fly... either way last year, the culmination of factors didnt add up to anything good inside the twenty from the QB/WR positions...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 11, 2013 01:54PM

it seems the only pass we ever throw into the endzone when we are inside the 20 is the fade to Hartline in the corner. It has never worked.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 02:14PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> it seems the only pass we ever throw into the
> endzone when we are inside the 20 is the fade to
> Hartline in the corner. It has never worked.

exactly, All of the red zone throws RT made were either deep fades to the back corner, or the TE breaking free unguarded throw up the middle in the empty flat... They were all very low risk throws... He didnt seem to ever attempt any higher risk passes in the redzone, which other great QB's seem to do.. It is the reason I want a bigger stronger WR redzone threat, where RT will be comforatable forcing it in there, knowing the WR will either catch it or not let anyone else catch it... I dont think Wallace solves our redzone issues... Deep threat,yes, Red zone efficiency not so sure.... Which is why I have a liking to Patterson... You throw him a quick hitch on inside the ten, and defeneders are going to have a hard time stopping that consitently. Or post him up on the goal line. That is they type of WR I think will benefit RT and the DOlphins the most IMO..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 11, 2013 03:06PM

Hartline wasn't a good red zone threat with Henne or Moore at QB, either. In fairness, though, some of that was the nonsensical use of the wildcat on first and second down, followed by a forced pass to Brandon Marshall on 3rd down.

In 2012, Hartline drew the focus of the defense in the redzone. And he's not good enough for when that happens. Part of his game is his sneaky speed, and ability to get behind defenders. That's negated in the redzone. And while he's 6'2, he's skinny, and not physical enough to carve out space for himself in the redzone. I think that he can be better if they can get enough redzone threats that he can actually get single coverage.

Date: March 11, 2013 04:14PM

Which is why we need to draft Tyler Eifert.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.