HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Derek Cox
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Derek Cox
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 24, 2013 03:40PM

is available from the Jaguars. I have watched him play since he came into the league. He would be an upgrade over Sean Smith, and he is only 26 years old. I would make him my 1st acquisition this off season because he solves 1 corner position if he can stay healthy. Along with Mike Wallace, and this team wins 10- 11 games last season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Derek Cox
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 04:42PM

I'd be wary of anyone who the JAgs let walk

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 05:04PM

Cox is better than Smith but has had injury issues which could be a concern

Date: February 24, 2013 05:17PM

The Jags are rebuilding with a new head coach and GM. I have seen Cox play, and he will help this team. Not all players on sorry teams are sorry players. Cox is the best corner in free agency.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 25, 2013 02:05AM

Cox was thrown at 89 times, allowing 54 completions for 670 yards, and just 1 TD. He had 4 INT and 6 passes defensed. Very solid numbers. The negatives? He missed 15 tackles (3rd most) and committed 7 penalties.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 25, 2013 03:12AM

OK we replace Sean Smith w/ a CB who has not played a full season since 2009 and missed 10 games in the 2011 season. 4 games last year.
That's our big payday CB, right. The team that gets Smith is going to get a damn good cb and they will probably play to his strength man to man instead of a zone that leaves so much space on the field.

Smith has also caused more fumbles than Cox.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 25, 2013 03:24AM

This is how Parcels & Ireland got into trouble before and ended up overspending on our offensive line (150 mil). We had years of dead cap cape eaten up as well.

You cannot sign a FA and expect him to be something he has never been. Healthy.

We signed an injury prone center (Jake Grove) who couldn't stay on the field and what did we get? An injury prone center who couldn't stay on the field...or play out his contract.

Same goes for Justin Smiley.

We signed an underacheiving WR (Wilford) who had never been productive or a starter and what did we get? An unproductive WR who couldn't start....and that is being generous.

We signed a terrible RT (Columbo) and expected him to be quality. Why? I'll never know.

Like DFM said, he is a good CB but he cannot stay on the field. He is also NOT the best CB in FA. He wasn't even in the top 20 in 2012. He was actually just SLIGHTLY better than Sean Smith.

The best rated CB in FA this year is Adam Jones. He is followed by his teamate Terrence Newman. Both played for Kevin Coyle.

I don't know if it is because he is so skinny (6'1 180) or what but as they say...those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: February 25, 2013 04:08AM

Adam Pacman let it rain Jones no thanks I'll pass on his strip club paties. As for Newman is he not getting long in the tooth. I would take Cox over these 2, and we'll just disagree.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 25, 2013 04:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.