HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          charles woodson
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
charles woodson
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: February 15, 2013 11:05AM

Just throwing this idea out there. what do u guys think of bringing him in and letting stonehands walk?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: charles woodson
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 15, 2013 11:16AM

How much money will he be looking for? And....if he is going to ask for a lot of money (which I fully expect him to do) his age will also be a factor.

Guys with that many years on them are simply that "missing piece" to get a team to the Super Bowl. Miami is not one of those teams (yet).

Miami is looking towards the draft and FA to improve their team.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 15, 2013 11:53AM

He's a better Safety than CB these days.

GB's corners were awful this year and yet they still kept him at FS.

He'll be 37 early in the season.

Pass.

I'd rather throw a few bucks at Ed Reed if we are going to go after an aged FS.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 16, 2013 10:05AM

Word is he wants to play for a contender. That's not us.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 16, 2013 01:05PM

Too old

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: February 16, 2013 02:15PM

I like the idea of drafting a young fast CB with talent. Woodson is way too old to waste the money on.

Stonehands would make a good 3rd CB - he matches up well against tougher big WRs and TEs. Just don't expect any ints from the guy.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 17, 2013 07:36AM

I think Terrence Newman would be a better fit since he already played under Coyle.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 17, 2013 09:00AM

Newman is terrible, Woodson is old

Go get Jarius Byrd if we want an FA

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 18, 2013 04:27AM

As much as I would like to have him, Byrd is most likely getting the franchise tag so "getting" him is probably not going to happen.

Getting Newman and/or Woodson would be a huge upgrade over what we currently have or what we had least year. That is not something I suggest because of the long term ramifications and the direction of the team but it would still be an upgrade.

Newman is far from terrible. Sean Smith had a -3.5 rating and Newman had a +8.6. Newman is the 3rd highest rated FE CB available this year. There are about 50 FA CB's separating Smith and Newman on the FA list.

Newman had a nice comeback under the tutelage of Kevin Coyle and the Cincy defense...as did Pacman.

Aquib Talib had a -2.2 rating and most media people rate him as one of the top avaialble FA's. It just goes to show there is a lot more to the position than meets the eye....There is more to it than just getting interceptions.

This isn't fantasy football. We aren't trading draft picks for a guy with 200 yards and 2 TD's in 2012 (Chris Ivory) and we are probably not getting Byrd. Safeties are one of the easiest/affordable players to tag. Many of the top tier players will be franchised and come off the market....Byrd or Levitre, Clady, Dwayne Bowe or Brandon Albert, Henry Melton, Andre Smith, Loadholt, Dashon Goldson, Will Beatty or Martellus Bennett, Jared Cook....may all be off the market.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.