HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Revis
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Revis
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 24, 2013 03:24PM

supposedly on the trade block. what do you think? Jets may be dumb enough to trade within the division. He's coming off an ACL. I am thinking a fair offer is a 2 and 3 (we have 2 of each) and maybe another 2 or 3 next year conditional on playing time this season?
thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Revis
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 24, 2013 03:44PM

Won't happen, but hypothetically...........hell no!

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 24, 2013 04:53PM

No

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 24, 2013 06:04PM

I'll tell you one thing. If he's healthy and if it's doable, I'd a heck of a lot sooner spend my free agency money on him and get a WR in the draft rather than sign Bowe or Wallace and try to get a corner or db in the draft. Now defensive back, that's a position wherein regardless of talent, experience and seasoning is a necessity. Wide receiver taking that much time, I'm not sold.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 25, 2013 04:43AM

How much production do you have to get from a #12 pick in the first year when he is a WR? 900 yards and 5 TD's? 1000 yards and 10 td's?

Last years top WR (Blackmon) had 865 and 5. He was the 5th pick.

Michael Floyd, 13th pick, had 562/2.

Kendall Wright, 20th pick had 626/4.

AJ Jenkins, 30th pick had absolutely nothing.

In 2011....

AJ Green, 4th pick had 1057/7.

Julio Jones, 6th pick had 959/8

Jonathan Baldwin, 26th pick had 252/1 (325/1 in 2012)

In 2010...

Demaryius Thomas, pick 22 had 283/2.
Dez Bryant, pick 24 had 561/6

According to most this years WR crop is way below Julio and AJ Green.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 25, 2013 08:38AM

Date: January 25, 2013 08:42AM

And another thing.

What's the rap on Tannehill and his success?

Everyone has said that since we have no deep threats, the defenses just sew up the short zones and pretty much stymy our passing game.

Lucky for us, Tannehill is a "running QB" who makes up for some of that with his feet.

So your rookie wide receiver, if he is a deep threat, DOES provide your team yardage just by opening up the under routes.

That's the problem with stats. They don't always tell the whole story.

I've said that a million times on this chatboard but thanks for providing me the opportunity to give a concrete example.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 25, 2013 09:34AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much production (interceptions) are you gonna
> get from a rookie db?

Depends on the talent grade. Someone has to shut down the Pats and other high power teams. In 2010 and 2012 there were some very good DB's in the draft. 2011 not so much. It all depends on the year and the available talent.

>
> Or is it your argument that we should NEVER get a
> wide receiver in the draft and that we should
> always wait to get them in free agency.

No. Hell no... that is not my argument. I just don't think you reach for one at 12 if, as they are saying, none grade that high. WR's are risky enough. Let alone spending a #12 pick on Patterson who has only one year of experience.

Add to that, the investment we already have in Tannehill (Yes, who was a risk as well) and I think we need to go BPA, not need. The sooner we put talent around him the sooner he is going to progress.
>
> Let's analyze what that means.
>
> That means that if we do so at the very least we
> are risking losing their best years of
> productivity. That CAN despite your firm opinion,
> sometimes be the first three years.

Yes it can but USUALLY it happens with guys that have elite skills and experince and that grade out very high...Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, even Blackmon. No one fits that mold this year according to most.

> But let's say you're right and that they are his
> SECOND three years.
>
> If he shows such promise , he's going to be
> resigned for another three years.
>
> So you want to get a WR after six years when he's
> on his downside slide.

Just in our individual situation but only to a certain degree. We need a FA and a rookie WR but all I'm saying is you had better be damn sure if your gonna spend the #12 pick on one. I don't think the talent drop off is that wide from the number 1 rated WR and the 2nd round guys...from what we know right now.
>
> And you didn't discuss rookie dbs at all.
>
> So who DO you want to get in the draft? Another
> offensive lineman?

If he is the BPA yes. If the draft works out the way most are mocking then I am for trading down. If we cannot do that then I want the biggest impact player whether it be a CB, WR, TE, OT or DE

> Maybe you don't even want to get a top linebacker
> at 12 (Manti Te'o without the drama and before his
> BCS performance drop off) or Defensive lineman
> (Kawaan Short).
>
> Maybe you just want to do what Ireland has been
> doing and that is keep trading down and trying to
> get lucky on a bunch of low level picks.

If the talent level at 12 is the same or close to the talent level at 20 then yes. That's what I would do. If I don't grade anyone as a play maker or a fit for this team, then a trade is appropriate. Why spend #12 on a guy you grade as a #25 that you could get at 25?

I have nothing against taking a WR at #12 as long as he is deemed the BPA. If I grade Terrance Williams as the 12 best player in the draft then he is my pick. Same for Keenan Allen. I hope that is the case.

I have been advocating for weeks that we take a WR and a TE with our top two picks...IF IT WORKS OUT THAT WAY with talent falling to us. If not then I take the DE, CB or OT.

If I can get a road grader at 12 to team up with Martin, Pouncey, Incog and my other FA hopefull, Levitre....that puts Tannehill in a pretty good spot.

I was watching last week with Kaepernick how much time he had in the pocket. It was a long time. How often did you see Tannehill with time in the pocket to spare last year? Not much. That is as important as finding a WR in my book.

You never really answered my other question? Who is the All-Pro WR this year and who would you take? Keenan Allen still?

Is the new hype surrounding Patterson correct?

Would you rather have Allen/Patterson or would you be miffed if we traded down and were still able to walk away with Terrance Willams, Tyler Eifert and a top RT with our first 3 picks?

Add them to Mike Wallace and Andy Levitre in FA and we have a completely new offense....unless they all flop. lol

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 25, 2013 10:09AM

eesti Wrote:

>
> Add them to Mike Wallace and Andy Levitre in FA
> and we have a completely new offense.

I like that idea.

Frankly, I'm good with Wallace, Jennings or Bowe.

Sign one of them, sign Levitre...move Incognito to RG.

If we lose Long, then I'm looking for one of these 4 guys at #12:

Eric Fisher, OT
Dion Jordan, DE/OLB
Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB
Dee Miliner, CB

If they are all gone, I'm looking to trade down and target a TE like Eiffert or Ertz, or a WR like Williams or Patterson later in the first.

Date: January 25, 2013 10:17AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 25, 2013 12:23PM

#1 Jets are dumb, but not that dumb. They won't trade him within the division.

#2 I highly doubt Jets are looking to trade him. They may get a lot of feelers and the Jets will listen, but highly doubtful any team will give up what would be expected.

#3 Revis' asking price will be out of this world.

#4 Revis is coming off of an injury and mother nature (age) is doing him no favors.

Why are posters here thinking of going after Revis but pooh pooh Wallace? I believe Revis would be commanding way more money than Wallace.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 25, 2013 12:36PM

captkoi Wrote:
> #1 Jets are dumb, but not that dumb. They won't
> trade him within the division.
>
> #2 I highly doubt Jets are looking to trade him.
> They may get a lot of feelers and the Jets will
> listen, but highly doubtful any team will give up
> what would be expected.

Cap, I live in NY. The scuttlebutt on talk radio with Jet fans is that they will trade him for the best offer they get.

They are WAY over the cap already.

He's in the last year of his contract and Cromartie played well in his absence and is signed long term.

>
> #3 Revis' asking price will be out of this world.

It is. He wants TOP 5 in the NFL money. Not top CB money. That's in the 18-20M a year range. We can sign Wallace and Bowe or Jennings for that money.

>
> #4 Revis is coming off of an injury and mother
> nature (age) is doing him no favors.

Very true but he has an enormous ego.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 26, 2013 12:05PM

It's been said the new jerk jest gm is not going to let Revis go to an AFC East rival. So no Revis for us, will be good he is out of the division though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.