HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Latest depth chart - FA's
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Latest depth chart - FA's
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:01AM

QB Ryan Tannehil
RB Lamar Miller
TE Jordan Cameron/Sims
SL Jarvis Landry
SE DeVante Parker
FL Kenny Stills

LT Branden Albert
LG Kelechi Osemele (FA-Bal)
C Mike Pouncey
RG JaWuan James
RT Ronnie Stanley (Rd 1)

SDE Malik Jackson (FA Den)
DT Ndamukong Suh
DT Damon Harrison (FA-NYJ)
WDE Olivier Vernon

SLB Kentrell Brothers (Rd-3)
MLB Derrick Johnson
WLB Jelaney Jenkins

CB1 Sean Smith (FA-KC)
CB2 Tony Lippett
CBN Brice McCain/Bobby
FS Darian Thompson (Rd 2)
SS Reshad Jones

That leaves me 4-7 round picks to fill in depth as well as depth in FA.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 04:43PM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GM Joe: My 2016 lineup: 1.0
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:30AM

Love the Harrison addition, we'd still need help at Lb and the secondary though.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 06:43AM

With that team we will be 5 and 11 again.

Date: January 29, 2016 07:00AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love the Harrison addition, we'd still need help
> at Lb and the secondary though.

Well, it's a projection/guess if the 3rd round LB would work out or not but assuming he did, I think were good until we can find a long term MLB to replace an aging Derrick Johnson. I liked what I saw from Hewitt as a first year WLB and we still have Vigil to develop as well as Chris McCain. Could still draft later round LB or UFA.

Secondary would be a question regarding Lippett but I liked what I saw from him as a first year corner back. I think with another off season, he really advances. I like him. That gives us two 6'3 corners and a couple of decent nickle defenders. Still could add later round or UFA CB's.

Date: January 29, 2016 07:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> With that team we will be 5 and 11 again.

That might be a relevant prediction if you even know half the new players I mentioned.

Date: January 29, 2016 07:17AM

You going to play 3 rookies and 3 free agent scrubs...Sean smith didnt work out here before because he used to get beat like a pinatta...

And you expect to be better than 5-11?

Fork out the magic wand.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 07:30AM

Nice roster, Joe. I like the Derrick Johnson addition and that's what I was talking about in another thread. Get a vet like that on the cheap while the young guys learn.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 29, 2016 07:31AM

Nice job. Looks good on paper. Don't know if we have the money for the FA plugs?

Kicking James inside is an interesting idea. But I think it might be easier to get a functional RG than replace James @T. But hey, just get the freaking job done and protect Ryan and run the rock!

Smith and Lippett would obviously give us two BIG corners -- with benefits and maybe some issues covering quicks underneath etc. But it would sure be interesting...

As it seems every off season -- it looks like we have more targets to hit than available bullets to shoot. If Gase can create a consistent scoring machine on O we may be able to hide some of the problems on D in enough games to get maybe 9 or 10 wins. Certainly 10 wins would be a very good start. But I'm not expecting that...

However, outscoring teams is still a good way to win!

I watched the vids of OC and DC -- really like Christensen. He seems like the perfect fit and should really help Thill in a number of ways -- support and insight being at the top of the list. One thing for sure, we know for sure Ryan has received inferior coaching up to this point and still has performed (IMO) at a solid pro level.

Give the kid protection and a consistent run game and he's more than capable of being a winner IMO.

DC Joseph sure was nervous in front of the camera -- and didn't exude a ton of confidence. But I still feel he could be a really solid addition to the staff -- and will definitely bring and entirely NEW energy to the D. That's the good news part. How well he can use the available talent, game plan and call D is yet to be determined. But I think the guy has a high ceiling and is a huge upgrade over the trash we had.

Speaking of trash, getting rid of Phil(of shit)bin should be worth at least 2 immediate wins! So we should have a fighting change of at least 500 right out of the box! But of course, we all know Ross and/or Tbum could ruin that.

Go My Yammie!

BNF.

Date: January 29, 2016 07:58AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> You going to play 3 rookies and 3 free agent
> scrubs...Sean smith didnt work out here before
> because he used to get beat like a pinatta...

If you don't draft rookies that can start, you will NEVER win in this league. Look no further than the 2015 Dolphins. As usual I see a reaction from you with nothing behind it but a knee jerk.

Yeah, Sean Smith didn't work out just like Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshall, Richie Incognito...

Obviously you haven't followed him in KC. He's so bad they are considering slapping the franchise tag on him.

> And you expect to be better than 5-11?
>
>
> Fork out the magic wand.

What's your plan? You haven't offered anything for years other than pom poms or poo poo....from one extreme to the other. Oh wait. I forgot....we should just wait and find guards in the later rounds until you hit on one. That's rich.

Date: January 29, 2016 08:11AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Nice job. Looks good on paper. Don't know if we
> have the money for the FA plugs?

Paper is all I got. tongue sticking out smiley I just can't seem to get an interview.

That roster comes at the expense of Grimes, Mitchell, Wake, Jennings, Misi, etc and the inevitable restructure of Suh's deal.....enough to clear about 35-40 mil in cap space.

>
> Kicking James inside is an interesting idea. But
> I think it might be easier to get a functional RG
> than replace James @T. But hey, just get the
> freaking job done and protect Ryan and run the
> rock!

I thought about that but I wanted another tackle for when Albert gets hurt again PLUS James has been ok at RT but nothing to write home about. Struggles in pass pro but is a good run blocker.

>
> Smith and Lippett would obviously give us two BIG
> corners -- with benefits and maybe some issues
> covering quicks underneath etc. But it would sure
> be interesting...

I chose him because I believe Joseph will run a lot of press/man unlike Coyle. That will help with the quick twitchers. We still have the McCains for those guys too.

>
> As it seems every off season -- it looks like we
> have more targets to hit than available bullets to
> shoot. If Gase can create a consistent scoring
> machine on O we may be able to hide some of the
> problems on D in enough games to get maybe 9 or 10
> wins. Certainly 10 wins would be a very good
> start. But I'm not expecting that...
>
> However, outscoring teams is still a good way to
> win!
>
> I watched the vids of OC and DC -- really like
> Christensen. He seems like the perfect fit and
> should really help Thill in a number of ways --
> support and insight being at the top of the list.
> One thing for sure, we know for sure Ryan has
> received inferior coaching up to this point and
> still has performed (IMO) at a solid pro level.
>
> Give the kid protection and a consistent run game
> and he's more than capable of being a winner IMO.
>
> DC Joseph sure was nervous in front of the camera
> -- and didn't exude a ton of confidence. But I
> still feel he could be a really solid addition to
> the staff -- and will definitely bring and
> entirely NEW energy to the D. That's the good
> news part. How well he can use the available
> talent, game plan and call D is yet to be
> determined. But I think the guy has a high
> ceiling and is a huge upgrade over the trash we
> had.

Nervous? Maybe a little but I didn't pick up on that much. He is new to these things as a first timer so he will get more comfortable I'm sure. I've heard several say that VJ is an alpha. Former player, who has been waiting for this shot for a few years. he was really ticked that he was denied permission last year to take Denver's DC spot.

>
> Speaking of trash, getting rid of Phil(of shit)bin
> should be worth at least 2 immediate wins! So we
> should have a fighting change of at least 500
> right out of the box! But of course, we all know
> Ross and/or Tbum could ruin that.

True enough!

>
> Go My Yammie!
>
> BNF.

Date: January 29, 2016 08:19AM

Joe every year we have the procnosticators wanna be.....we going to do this we going to do that...

Last year was the same thing. Oh we go suh we gonna be good...Yipeeeee

The last 20 years was the same thing..

Just tired that at the end of next year we will once again out of the playoffs. with an 8-8 record or worse.

I dare you to prove me wrong..

I will remind of of this thread next year.

I will even predict what iam gonna say.........

Prediction: He joe didnt i tell you we were going to be out of the playoffs by midseason again.

Date: January 29, 2016 08:23AM

BTW i just post once in a while just to relief stress from work and to see whats going on with the phins.

I dont got much time to do all the in depth analisys like you.

Hey i got a job.

Date: January 29, 2016 09:23AM

It gets to the point where there's no reason to be a "fan" if the situation is too negative to tolerate. Take a break sam. I totally tuned out until they canned Phil(of shit)bin now I'm very cautiously optimistic we could take some steps forward.

We are well overdue to catch a break. Maybe (???) Gase is a big part of the answer. maybe not. But we won't know until live bullets next September. So take a chill.

My opinion. Of course.

And keep in mind -- this shit is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun -- try something else.

BNF.

Date: January 29, 2016 09:45AM

I hope you are right BNF....

Joe keep posting i enjoy all your posts....>Dont mistake my frustration like im taking a shot at you....

The same thing is happening 20 to 25 times in a row.

I got to a point that i feel its not going to get any better. Ever.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 29, 2016 11:24AM

As I read it, we'd add 5 FAs from other previous teams and retain Vernon & Miller. I like the FAs you slotted in because most of them are near the top of their position group in terms of this year's FA crop. I just don't know that we'd be able to score all 7.

I'd probably be in favor of Sean Smith coming back, as he won't be the top FA CB, and there's enough quality in that group that it might drive the price down.

I kind of doubt Vernon stays in our price range. He's one that could hurt a ton to lose but hurt a ton financially to keep.

Reggie Nelson seems like Smith - good quality in a group with good quality...not likely to be top FA (Eric Berry). Plus might want to follow his coach.

I do think Lamar Miller is keep-able. RBs not named AP just don't command premium prices on the open market.

Whether it's younger/likely more expensive Kelechi at G or older/cheaper Mathis, I do agree with the idea of adding a high-quality G and then drafting OL early.

Non-Dolphins note: KC stands to lose a ton of the talent they accumulated on defense. Berry, Smith, Hali and Johnson all FAs. Just noticed that in seeing Smith and Johnson on your list and looking at the Safety list.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 05:28PM

why do you think james can/should play guard?

Date: January 31, 2016 08:37AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> why do you think james can/should play guard?

First off, I mainly want to bring in a tackle because we really need one when Albert goes down. It's inevitable. James also just missed 9 games. We had NO answer for either injury.

I like James. He has been good in the run game but struggles in pass pro at times. Especially with speed rushers who are becoming more predominant on the strong side. He's a decent player but nothing special as a tackle. Why not draft a guy who has the potential to be that special RT and that can switch over to LT if need be?....or when Albert retires. He will be 32 in November.

I have heard several scouts suggest this switch. I also heard Mayock say that James can play guard.

Sometimes a guy who is an average tackle becomes an elite guard because their deficiencies are masked on the inside. They are not responsible for as much space.

Date: February 01, 2016 04:18AM

Date: February 01, 2016 07:04AM

Great video on OV.

We have to hope the kid is adding value to the equation for playing/staying in SFL. I really don't think we should let him hit FA if at all possible. Sign him sooner than later.

I like Shelby as well but he's far more replaceable than OV IMO. That means we could go CB in R1 and DE R2 and then MLB R3 and then OL R4 and R5 with best avail in 6 and 7. We're NOT going to solve every issue in this draft alone so we need to address the priority positions accordingly.

Bring in a ton of UFA at LB and DT. Add more OL and hope for the best...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 01, 2016 07:08AM

I always have liked Vernon but I always thought that pairing him with Wake at DE had us starting two WDE's which made us vulnerable to the run at both ends. I always liked when we started Odrick at end. He totally shut down the run on his side forcing it to Wake's side. You could then plan for that.

Saying that I don't mind losing Vernon.
Wake has got to restructure.
Shelby I would resign he is a good 3rd DE, not a starter though.

Date: February 01, 2016 07:15AM

Gotta say I believe OV is solid against the run and losing him would set us back -- a LOT!

He's on the verge of becoming an special player IMO.

You can bet the farm if he played in NE he'd be killing us play after play. We can't afford to lose young ascending players at critical positions. Just can't do it...

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: February 01, 2016 08:06AM

Players like vontae davis sean smith odrick, etc.....groom a player then we let him go to another team...

No good.

I say try and keep OV......

Will they demand a lot of money...?

OV and lamar miller?

Lamar miller was able to do some damage with our weak OL.

Now imagine lamar miller with a OLine that can actually open some holes.

Date: February 01, 2016 08:07AM

I really doubt we will keep both as they will demand a lot of money.

Date: February 01, 2016 08:26AM

Wake is my favorite player. I would hate to see him go but he presents too many problems for the team.

1. When will he be healthy? and will he get back to prior form?
2. If he re-signs, we need a part time player that can play on early downs. That's two people to occupy one spot.

Or you replace both with a player like Malik Jackson who can play all three downs and play the run better than either Shelby or Wake.

Dion Jordan cannot be trusted and his only spot is WDE. You cannot rely on him so you have to make other plans whether or not that is OV or...??? He should be a 3-4 WOLB any way. That's a valuable roster spot he is taking IF he comes back but the potential is still there (and he shuts down Gronk).

AS far as waiting to get a LB in round 3 and adding multiple FA LB's....

There are just not many good LB's out there. The odds of finding a starter in round 3 would be astronomical.

There is a HUGE shortage of quality true 43 MLB'ers.

In FA, there is Rolando McClain and Derrick Johnson and then you drop a tier to other players. DJ is a projection to a 4-3 but he has size at least.

Danny Trevathon is a popular rumor for the phins but he plays in a 3-4 and is too small to be an every down MLB. 6'-0", 237 lbs. I would be skeptical to make that transition again after the Ellerbe ordeal.

Same goes for Jerrell Freeman and he is 30.

Our best bet may be to see if Myles Jack is beefed up enough (245) at the combine and still runs well (4.5).

I just don't see any DE's in the draft that scare anyone.

Date: February 01, 2016 08:40AM

I could easily see the draft going like this.....

1 Ten: Laremy Tunsil
2 Cle: Jared Goff
3 SD: Jalen Ramsey
4 Dal: Carson Wentz
5 Jax: Vernon Hargreaves
6 Bal: Joey Bosa
7 SF: Ronnie Stanley

As of right now in that scenario, Myles Jack is the BPA. The only others I could see Miami looking at are Mackensie Alexander or one of the DT's like A'Shawn Robinson.

I watched DeForest Buckner and was not impressed. Doesn't seem quick enough to be an edge rusher. Probably more of a 3-4 DE.

Who else would you take?

Date: February 01, 2016 08:45AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I really doubt we will keep both as they will
> demand a lot of money.

The market favors OV (and defensive end) but running backs don't demand huge contracts now a days unless your a super star.

DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy only got 8 mil per year. I think Miller is in the 5 mil range. I would lock him up to a 4 year, 20 mil deal in a heart beat. (One that looks like a 25 mil deal).

OV = 7.5 mil tops.

Date: February 01, 2016 08:48AM

We would probably be better off trading down R1 if good situation available. I cannot get on board taking an LB that high -- unless you're talking a certified football terrorist.

To me, value wise, CB or DE make a lot more sense. Which is also why we need to keep OV. It's gonna cost but I say get er done.

I also can't behind drafting a kid coming off surgery. I just don't want to take that risk so high.

Date: February 01, 2016 09:18AM

Agreed. Even more reason to take a shot at a Derrick Johnson or Rolando McClain.

Date: February 01, 2016 09:29AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I really doubt we will keep both as they will
> > demand a lot of money.
>
> The market favors OV (and defensive end) but
> running backs don't demand huge contracts now a
> days unless your a super star.
>
> DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy only got 8 mil per
> year. I think Miller is in the 5 mil range. I
> would lock him up to a 4 year, 20 mil deal in a
> heart beat. (One that looks like a 25 mil deal).
>
> OV = 7.5 mil tops.

Thats a win in the offseason if we can keep them both.

Lamar miller was part of the few good plays we had last year............................I would keep him even at 5 mill per.

Date: February 01, 2016 09:37AM

Lamar miller has shown he can stay healthy...I dont know why i dont trust the rookie. He looks good and all really good actually but i feel he is going to get hurt again. Hope iam wrong.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.