Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Okay, So what's his future in the Draft?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Okay, So what's his future in the Draft?
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 19, 2013 05:03AM

A few comments on the discussion above:

1- He could slip out of the first round but he's not falling out of the 2nd round unless he proves to have mental issues.

2- I can't see us drafting him because our coach has set a tone of not tolerating drama. This kid will bring the circus with him when he shows up.

3- Burnett and Dansby are both gone after 2013. Both contracts expire after 2014 and both are back loaded for the final year. Dnasby makes $9mill in base salary and Burnett gets $5.6m Sure we don't NEED a MLB this year but if there is one you think is a great one, and there isn't a better player on the board at another position, then you take him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 06:40AM

#12 to the phins

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:20AM

Date: January 19, 2013 08:46AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 19, 2013 09:30AM

I just think it's unlikely given we have so many needs on the offense, not to mention Teo's recent history.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 19, 2013 09:52AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just think it's unlikely given we have so many
> needs on the offense, not to mention Teo's recent
> history.

Te'o's recent history? What....this "personal" issue?

There is just way too much confusion on what is going on -- I highly doubt the NFL people would even know where to begin in asking him about this.

As I said above, I consider this a personal issue. Yeah, yeah, I understand the leadership part of this, but until the real story comes out (if it hasn't already or it never does), I highly doubt this will effect his draft status. If NFL teams feel he can play NFL football, he will be drafted in the first, and I am seeing him go in the top 15, if not the top 10.

If some teams take him off their draft board because of this, then it will be their loss. However, if once he gets on the field and shows that he isn't up to NFL football, then it is on him for lack of talent, not his personal issue.

I agree, eesti, that we have more pressing needs on offense, but our defense didn't impress me so much that we can't go that way, i.e., DB, another outside pass rusher, maybe someone to back up our ILBers.

Remember, that 1st pick is key to Ireland's fate in Miami. He is going to grab the best player and hope he is an All Pro for years to come. It won't matter the position. If Ireland feels that #12 is Te'o, then that's who he gets.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 19, 2013 10:06AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 10:32AM

Ryan Tannehill is the key to Ireland's fate in Miami. If Ireland fails to bring in the players to help RT and the offense, he will be gone.. And you guys are all talking about defensive players at the pick... I would be really surprised if Ireland doesn't take his best shot and a lot of those shots with offense picks in the first 3 rds... If the defense becomes the best in the country and Tannehill and the offense look like they did this year again, Ireland is fired IMO...If I know nothing about Ireland I know that self preservation will most likely force him to go offense 1st rd, but hey maybe I am wrong.. If a blue chip stud CB or pass rusher unexpectedly fall to us at 12, then I would expect to see Ireland trade back up into the 1st rd to grab an offensive player...
Unless we see some strong big money moves in FA with a reciever and TE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: January 19, 2013 10:34AM

Ps- I would essentially take Teo off my board dropping his rank to late 3rd early 4th...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 19, 2013 10:51AM

Date: January 19, 2013 10:56AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If I know
> nothing about Ireland I know that self
> preservation will most likely force him to go
> offense 1st rd, but hey maybe I am wrong..

I don't know Crowder. If Ireland has shown anything so far its that he has a gameplan and he's not deviating from it because people think he needs to do X, Y, or Z.

I do agree that this of-season will be about building an offense around RT that allows him to succeed. I agree that Ireland knows his fate in Miami is linked to RT's success or failure as a franchise QB.

I think its too early to suggest we are definitely going offense in round #1. It really comes down to who we add to the offense in free agency and who the best guy on the board is when our turn comes up.

Date: January 19, 2013 11:41AM

Posted by: dougb123 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 12:04PM

It does hurt his value but not much 10-20 spots

Date: January 19, 2013 12:36PM

If Ireland passes on a WR in the early rds that has a great rookie year he is in trouble.. I don't think Ireland is gonna do it because of other people other then Ross.. He is gonna do it because his best shot at self preservation is getting the best offensive pass threat in the draft.. In order for him to take that chance and pass on his highest rated offensive pass threat, that player would have to be HOF material at another position or he still believes he has the picks to trade back up and get the #1 rated pass threat...

Nietzsche

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 19, 2013 03:58PM

This is truly bizarre. No doubt about it. He was a team captain not because of this "girl friend" but because of his leadership on and off the field. It's crazy for me to fully comprehend falling in love with a girl you've never seen and had contact with, yet there are woman who fall for cons sitting in prison. That too is unfathomable and illogical.

Was he duped, mislead, caught up in the media hype and couldn't bail from the scenario that was growing? Got me. Since, football is his sport and he does a great job there most of the time, I will reserve judgment on this wacky story and on his character. Yet I have doubts about him that I didn't have before but it's not about football.

If his stock falls because of this some team is going to get a good prospect at a bargain price. Nothing so far eliminates him from being grabbed late the first round. If he's available at 12 we should snag him.

Date: January 19, 2013 05:50PM

What's more mysterious, he played like a champion prior to the BCS game and then could not tackle the broad side of a barn.

Could that foreshadow or indicate mental problems?

That would be my real concern. I don't mean mental like totally crazy but how easily his, what's the right word for your outlook today, disposition, affects his play.

What I mean is some people are a little sad or angry or nervous or whatever mental disposition but it doesn't affect their performance on their job, not only clerks but football players, baseball, or basketball players, college or pros.

If they are a little sad or a little mad about some problem, they forget it on the field or on the court and return to it after the game is over.

This guy played absolutely terribly in that game.

That would cause me, as an NFL team, more concern than this stupid story and what his part in it might be.

Date: January 20, 2013 05:19AM

Why u don't draft him
1) distraction
2) Played horrible in big spotlight BCS game
3) At best he is a moron who has the worst judgement of anyone in the draft. At worst he is a complete psycho path..
4) By his own admission, he lied to his parents, the media, team mates and coaches..

Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 20, 2013 09:16AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If Ireland passes on a WR in the early rds that
> has a great rookie year he is in trouble.. I don't
> think Ireland is gonna do it because of other
> people other then Ross.. He is gonna do it because
> his best shot at self preservation is getting the
> best offensive pass threat in the draft.. In order
> for him to take that chance and pass on his
> highest rated offensive pass threat, that player
> would have to be HOF material at another position
> or he still believes he has the picks to trade
> back up and get the #1 rated pass threat...

Again tho, it depends on what Ireland does in the off season. If he signs Wallace, WR will not be his first pick in the draft.

I still say, however, that Ireland won't use that first pick for positional needs; he is going to grab the best player available, since he has so many holes to fill.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 22, 2013 07:42AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> No way he drops out of the 1st round. He won't get
> past the Pats, at worst. Hell we may take him at
> #12

I hope the pats draft him and he gets romantically involved with brady. thats my christmas wish.

That shall be the NE Patriots worst nightmare.....

Or the jets and that he will cabbage patch with sanchez. Either sanchez or brady.

YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 22, 2013 07:50AM

socalphin Wrote:
> I'd be worried he'd always bite on the play-action
> fake and naked boots.

When you said boots i thought you said boobs.

I was getting ready to say:

If there was a play named "the banana split", he might bite into that. But not the fake action and naked boobs.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 22, 2013 07:56AM

I dunno, he is banging a fairly hot supermodel

Date: January 22, 2013 08:00AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 08:57AM by samsam3738.

Date: January 25, 2013 08:54AM

So far 64% of the people on this board think he will STILL go in the first round.

I know there will be 'INSTANT CONTROVERSY' with the fan base of any team that takes him.

The owners and management of that team had better count on a stellar rookie season for him.

The fact that he played so poorly against 'bama however says either one of two things.

It says either 1) his play is affected by his emotions or 2) he does not match up as well against superior competition as he does against more inferior competition (the Boston Colleges, etc. When I went to Purdue, ND would play a bunch of Patsies (no pun) with the exception of Mich., Mich. St., and Purdue who they HAD to play because of a long time rivalry).

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: January 27, 2013 04:26PM

He's a liar. Perfect fit for the Patriots.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.