HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RG3 beat out Luck again...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
RG3 beat out Luck again...
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 15, 2013 11:43AM

Funny this has not been posted yet but RG3 won rookie of the year. hummm thats strange for a guy that was supposed to be the best qb in the past 30 years he is not off to a good start with the hardware lol.

First he lost to RG3 in college for the heisman, now rookie of the year. The funny thing is for a guy that was supposed to be this all time great there is one and now 2 qb in his class (RG3 and Russell Wilson) which had much better years than him. Went from the best in 30 years, to now the 3rd best in his draft class, lol

Congrats RG3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RG3 beat out Luck again...
Date: January 15, 2013 11:43AM

suck for luck smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 15, 2013 11:50AM

I'd still rather have Luck. This season just proved it. Luck should play 10-15 years at a high lever. RG3 may never be the same again, and if he comes back he will likely miss games every year like vick. He's too slightly built and he takes too many hits.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 15, 2013 12:16PM

In 1980 Bird and Magic were both rookies. Magic won the championship, but Bird won rookie-of-the-year. Magic was the #1 pick and could easily have won it over Bird. When 2 great players come into the league at the same time SOMEONE has to lose out.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 15, 2013 12:36PM

I'd have voted for Russell Wilson

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 15, 2013 02:13PM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd have voted for Russell Wilson

Me too....

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 15, 2013 04:47PM

Still the ultimate team sport. I think all three made a good case for ROY. These awards don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Last winners of the NFL ROY are...

Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, Percy Harvin, Matt Ryan, AP, Vince Young, Cadillac Williams...etc

If I'm not mistaken, RG3 was named ROY by PFW. Not sure which one is the most prestigious.

There is the Pepsi Max ROY, PFW SI, Sporting news and AP NFL awards.

Luck is going to be a good QB for a long time.

In any case this is an impressive group of young QB's.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 04:51PM by eesti.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 15, 2013 05:42PM

chrisnnavarre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd have voted for Russell Wilson
>
> Me too....

Me three. That's why I had Seattle all the way on my Darthhoodie bracket. If it hadn't been for that icing.....LOL.

Seriously, I blame Seattle's loss more on that pathetic defensive show when, as I remember it, they kicked off to Atlanta with only 38 seconds left in the game and after a touchback, the Falcons drove basically 45 yards in 30 seconds and kicked the winning field goal. Shameful!

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 19, 2013 03:06AM

Reppa has a major man crush on Robert sad really. Luck is the next Manning while Robert is the poster child for orthopedic procedures.

Posted by: dougb123 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 12:37PM

Heard RG3 may be hurt worse than there reporting, Luck was by far the better pick for the simple fact that he doesn't expose himself to the pounding RG3 got this year. Now we get to find out how good RG3 is as a pure pocket passer. Going to change his game drastically

Date: January 20, 2013 05:12PM

The fact that Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs as a rookie well I agree with Reppa Lucks sucks lol. If Luck had Alfred Morris well who knows how well they could of done this year. The media especially NFL network built up Griffin because that's what they do stir up crap to fill all of those long off season hours. In reality Luck on the Redskins, and their a much better team in my opinion.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 20, 2013 05:36PM

Unless you believe they sucked for Luck last year, Finshady.

Date: January 20, 2013 05:44PM

look man you have zero idea of what you are talking about. Luck threw 18 int if he were on the redskins they would suck because you cant turn the ball over that many times agains guys like the giants 2x and the cowboys 2x. But if 4 of your games are against bums like the jags (2-14) and the titans (6-10) I guess that is not a problem. Come on man a qb's job is the protect the football and and on the otherside RG3 had 5int!

More importantly a qb should have a TD to int ration of 2

Luck 23td/18int = 1.27 (bearly above 1)
RG3 20td/5int = 4 that is WAY above normal!

And Alferd Morrison would not be nearly as effective on the colts cause Luck does not present the running threat so get a clue and actually sit an watch the games rather than just sports center

Date: January 20, 2013 05:55PM

I do, and did. I watched you boyfriend tear up his knee AGAIN against the Seahawks. Oh how sweet it is to see the NFL golden child fail miserably when it mattered. Oh and you can forget him ever being anywhere close to what he was before the injury. Now go write your love letters to the one legged one lol.

Date: January 20, 2013 07:19PM

Yup you are right, I am happy that you find such joy in seeing a promising young NFL superstar get debilitated... however there is no need since there are more where he came from... You see college football is populated with RG3's, there were RG3's before him and there will be RG3's long after him. The NFL floodgates are open now home boy and you and your confederate like philosophies on how quarterbacking is "supposed" to be is a thing of the 70's... so shady fin I welcome you to the present smiling smiley

Date: January 21, 2013 03:51AM

Yes I'm a racist because I like pocket passers, and well you hell I don't even know what you like except for Robert. The day a QB just runs the football, and never passes will be the day that your dream will come true. Until then the majority of QB 's will still be pocket passers, that can read defenses, and beat teams with their arm and not their legs. We just disagree about that. Now I'm not saying that being able to run is a QB is a bad thing heck no. Tannehill can run, and he is a white boy, but if he doesn't get more talent around him, and become more polished this team will never become good again. I don't care how many times he runs. The QB has got to be able to make all the throws, and be the field general. Aaron Rogers is athletic so is Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Josh Freeman, Russell Wilson, Ben Rothlisberger, Jake Locker might be the fastest QB in the league. So yes your point is somewhat true the position is changing however if these QB's don't have talent around them then it won't matter how fast they can run or how far they can throw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.