HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Go Irish! Kill Saban.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Go Irish! Kill Saban.
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:25PM

Sunlife Stadium. I hope we get one of these players this year. DeMarcus Milliner, Manti Teo....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Go Irish! Kill Saban.
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:27PM

god I really hate both teams so much

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:30PM

Still hate Saban, huh?

WELL BOILERMAKERS HATE IRISH!

Do you know some damn kid who couldn't get into Notre Dame wanted to fight me in our Dorm because I was in the Dorm TV room rooting for Purdue?

He got up and about five other kids got up along with me!

I hate the fu'kin Irish with all my heart!!!!!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:31PM

Can't do it eesti, I live to close to South Bend to put up with fans. Roll Tide!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:46PM

Did they put in new turf? It seems our turf has never looked so good...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: January 07, 2013 03:59PM

what is all of this noise coming out of the stadium? also did they do something to the orange seats? I can't really see them. I don't know, something seems different about the stadium.....

Date: January 07, 2013 04:08PM

Oh well...maybe some other time Irish.

.....................................................................................

Date: January 07, 2013 04:25PM

Horrible call on 4th and 5 by ND

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:01PM

I wonder what's up with Teo tonight. He can't tackle for squat. Draft stock moving down...down...down....

Date: January 07, 2013 05:15PM

What does ND and a sand castle have in common?......they both look good until the Tide rolls in!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:20PM

God this is like watching the Patriots. Somehow, miraculously, though never surprisingly like its the freaking patriots, Alabama gets these ridiculous breaks in the form of a pair of grossly and plainly incorrect calls within the first 5 minutes that basically break ND in half before the game even has a chance to develop. That bull$hit second touchdown that Alabama got is a complete figment. That shouldn't exist. That was a clear as day fumble on that return, cleanly recovered by Notre Dame. No interference. No nothing. There wasn't any contact on that returner. ND makes a heads up play and takes advantage of an Alabama mistake, and the refs just nonchalantly call a complete BS interference penalty, screwing ND out of possession and PENALIZING them on top of it. Freaking ridiculous. Alabama scores off of a garbage call and its 14 zip. Watching nonsense like that just makes me want to get up and look for the remote. That could very well be the game right there, precipitating a huge fabricated lead and huge momentum crush. Stack that on top of the big earlier sideline catch that they immediately rushed to rule was bobbled.

I mean Jesus Christ, when a team makes a big play like that, you don't treat it like a subjective holding call that's tentative at best, that manipulates the outcome of a big play in a big game more than stepping back and rightfully conceding that play does. He had possession of that ball, got both feet in, never dropped it, not even when he was out of bounds, and because his finger tips grasped it even tighter when he let the ball come in to his body when he was already well out of bounds and had maintained possession, that nazi ref (hyperbole, relax) goes way out on a limb and makes a giant of a stretch of a call that it was bobbled. I can't NOT feel like I'm watching the freaking patriots, when I'm watching alabama in this game. That evil empire feel. Soooooooo sick of watching boring, disgusting-Nick Saban-led alabama bore their way to another title.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:31PM

Keep it in the SEC Roll tide ROll. No Big East officials no nbc ND has to play mano mano.

No one lives off bad officiating more than ND screw 'em.

Roll Tide GO Gators!!!!

Date: January 07, 2013 05:40PM

Roll freaking tide !!!!! 35-0

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 07, 2013 06:00PM

Damn. Glad I didn't get pulled over for rushing to get home from work to watch this one sided game. The speeding ticket wouldn't have been worth it.

Date: January 07, 2013 06:15PM

42-7 I'll sleep well tonight. Well the Irish can always be thanful that Brent Musburger will never give up on them.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 08, 2013 03:45AM

I'm 100% Fighting IRISH. What a devastating loss for ND fans. sad smiley

Alabama is as close as a college football program can get to having a professional NFL team. They are talent laden. They will go unbeaten next year and their next BCS opponent will also be crushed.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 08, 2013 04:29AM

As much as I wanted to see Saban humiliated, It turned out about as I thought. This is what's wrong with the BCS. Notre Dame shouldn't have been ranked as they were OR in the championship game. WHO had they beat other than Stanford early??? A couple of perennially over-ranked teams early who dropped completely out of the rankings by the end. It was just so they could hype "THE FIRST MEETING IN A GENERATION OF TWO STORIED DYNASTIES!!!" B.S. what a joke. Oregon should be pi$$ed as should several others. What we need is a tournament format.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 08, 2013 04:37AM

I hate satan.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 08, 2013 05:59AM

mizzou just joined the sec and you're already hitching your wagon to the best team in the league.

Date: January 08, 2013 04:04PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 04:06PM by eesti.

Date: January 08, 2013 04:05PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 08, 2013 05:16PM

And would you believe now that the comments of the commentator (was it Brent Musberger) had to be apologized for by the network.

This has become a country wherein any minority (and I DON'T mean racial) opinion is controlling.

If any significant amount of people become offended, rightly or wrongly, by a comment or take it in a way that it was not intended, an apology has to be made, even if the majority of the people strongly disagree with the complaint.

As I remember the guy just said that the girlfriend was beautiful, that HIS mom sitting next to that girlfriend was beautiful as well and that any kids in Alabama should be well advised to start throwing a football around in the backyard.

However, as is going to happen with anything, some people saw it as "creepy" (I guess like the commentator was leering at the young girl in a pedophile way because of the age difference between he and the girl), even though we're not talking about a high school girl but Miss Alabama.

The complainers were probably a minority. Probably no more than 5 percent who probably had their minds in the gutter in the first place.

However, given these computers we type on, any collection of idiots can get together, bolster each other and cry.

It gives the false impression that a majority of the people think a certain way.

But even if you get 1 million people that express an opinion, you are still talking about a small minority in a country of over 300 million.

And of course, when these idiots express an opinion, the level headed people who were NOT SO offended by the comment do not come forth to defend the conduct because you'd have to be an idiot to be offended in the first place.

Before big organizations react to such reactions they should keep one thing in mind. That an idiot opinion is likely to appeal to other idiots and before the internet, an idiot had to speak out verbally and when he did, there were people on hand to tell him he's being an idiot. But now, he types on a chatboard and no one but other idiots feel it worthy of response.

Date: January 08, 2013 06:21PM

I agree chyren. it's redicuolus

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 08, 2013 11:37PM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 09, 2013 03:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.