Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stupendous, amazing, greatest performance ever!.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Stupendous, amazing, greatest performance ever!.....
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 26, 2015 08:25AM

....are all being said about Tom Brady's game against the Jets by ESPN.

RTs performance has basically been mentioned as a footnote. I've said it once before and I say it again, ESPN is nothing but a cheerleader for Brady and company.

Miami needs to whip that ass on Thursday. I'm so sick of hearing the Brady channel calling him the GOAT. Barf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stupendous, amazing, greatest performance ever!.....
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 08:37AM

because RT's numbers were more a product of wrs making plays after the catch. Not knocking him. He played a good game. Brady did it against a legit D and 4-1 team. We did it against the Texans.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 26, 2015 09:44AM

The dolphins need to dethrone Tom Brady this thursday. I think the dolphins have a shot now that they are playing so well.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 10:11AM

I agree. Everyone wants to point out we beat the titans and texans.

Besides the jets who have the pats played?

Pitt without bell, bryant, pouncy
Bills
Jville
Dallas without romo and bryant
Indy

If the phins want to make a name for themselves it's this Thursday.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 26, 2015 11:52AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 26, 2015 12:14PM

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 07:51AM

I refuse to watch the NFL network and ESPN because of their rampant homerism when it comes to the Pats, Giants, Jets, and now the bills since RR took over there.

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 02:24PM

PhinsUp_88,
Know what you mean 150%! I was told once that it had to do with 1) ESPN(Sports & NFL KING) being in Connecticut and therefore favoritism for North-Eastern teams, & 2), the biggie (second hand, no idea of the validity to these?), was because of the popularity, and probably influence that Chris Berman had as the Network grew & grew in power & 11:00pm Sports Center viewers! His love & loyalty for the Dolphins either rubbed other sports casters negatively, or maybe caused more loyalty for their favorite teams, and exponentially raised the cheer of Dolphin haters.
Through the 2000's it allowed all the haters to do a reverse band wagon jump against a team that had dominated the AFC East for years. Even more so was the fact that it was the Patriots instead of say....the Cincinnati Bengals.
Again, although it does make sense, I have no documented proof that anyone let the air out of the Miami Dolphin Football program, or video taped any of our practices, stole signals from our coaches or anything similar? Just something a well informed New Jersey Dolphan decided to tell me.

KNick637

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 03:08AM

You raise some thought provoking points, although I tend to think it mostly comes down to money. The big name players who sell jerseys are the ones who get talked about, and the teams with the biggest markets get the most air time. With some big wins more fans will come and our air time will grow.

Lets face it, we have a small but rabid fan base and we haven't made enough of a splash to warrant tv time. Although we were on ESPN quite a bit yesterday, but it was mostly just to be told we'd get curb stomped by the Patsies.

I burn for us to win tomorrow night, I hope we spoil the Pats parade and put the NFL on notice.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 28, 2015 08:40AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. Everyone wants to point out we beat the
> titans and texans.
>
> Besides the jets who have the pats played?
>
> Pitt without bell, bryant, pouncy
> Bills
> Jville
> Dallas without romo and bryant
> Indy
>
> If the phins want to make a name for themselves
> it's this Thursday.

So true.

NE Opponents this year are 18-22
Miami opponents this year are 15-25

But NE is being heralded as the best team in the league BY FAR. THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY!

The Jets (who have ALSO not played anybody) were the best team the Pats faced so far and they barely squeaked by NY. The Jets opponents have a combined record of 17-20.

This year the NFL has a clear separation between good and bad teams. There are 21 teams in the NFL at .500 or worse. That's 66% of the teams. Then you have a group of teams with winning records that have only played these bad or struggling teams. Atl, Car, Jets, Min, NYG, etc.

Pit and Dallas will be much improved when they get their starting QB (& WR) back.

The good news is EVERYONE knew we had the talent to compete. Now that Ichabod has been sent packing, we are utilizing that talent.

Our only stiff competition consists of about 6-8 teams total. We'll probably have to face Dez and Romo in week 11 but everyone else on our schedule is struggling or just not good.

I'm not saying NE is a bad team or not good but they are not unbeatable. I think Miami has a better shot than anyone remaining on their schedule which is pathetically weak.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 29, 2015 04:58AM

FootballGod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....aI've said it once before and I say it
> again, ESPN is nothing but a cheerleader for Brady
> and company.
>
>

and I've said it before and will say it again: why does ANYBODY give a flying turd what they say on TV (or radio...I'd add newspapers but I don't think they exist anymore)? really, who gives a crap? Most of you, apparently.

It's GOOD when we get painted as the underdogs, it's GOOD when the opposition is put up on a pedestal. That's bulletin board material. It foments overconfidence in our opponents and helps us win. Be glad when you see/hear stuff like this. Then laugh your butt off when we prove them wrong.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 29, 2015 05:54AM

Yes, JC, I'm ready for some football, Miami Dolphins hard-nosed, in your face, relentless, underdog football. Score big and put Brady and company on notice! That will be stupendous!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.