HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Trades
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Trades
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 31, 2012 01:26PM

Another 7-9 season. Blown out by the Pats. Big gap between the Fins and the Pats. Jets and Bills not good teams, but Miami only slightly better. Things have got to change.

I don't recommend going with the "R" word (rebuilding) but I do think Ireland and Philbin need to look at their players and trade away a couple of players that have played well, but are not invaluable to the team. They have to ask the question -- will it hurt the team to move them out? If yes, keep them; if no, trade them and get what you can.

Naturally, if it is one of the teams valuable guys, then a high draft pick must be had, otherwise, forget it. But, I would listen to any and all offers.

Things must change in Dolphin-land; the status quo has gotten nowhere. Make some moves. BTW, Miami traded away their best offensive player last year, Marshall, so they can do it again. I honestly don't see anyone on the roster who is untradable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trades
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 31, 2012 01:54PM

This would be no greater indictment of Ireland's incompetence than another rebuilding year.

If we rebuild, then Ireland must be the first out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 31, 2012 02:13PM

Pretty sure with the trades of Marshall and Vontae that we already were in the midst of rebuilding

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 31, 2012 02:22PM

who do you propose trading? we don't have anyone under contract who'd fetch more than a 5th rounder, except for players we just drafted and shouldn't be trading anyway

easier said than done....

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 31, 2012 06:21PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 01, 2013 06:12AM

Since the trade value of most (or all?) of our players that had a disappointing season may be minimal, we may be effectively *cutting* lots of dead wood without getting anything in return.

Edited to change an adverb..... "effectively" cutting as in trading a player under contract for 7th round picks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2013 06:24AM by JC.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 02, 2013 07:46AM

I have no problem trading away players who have led us to 4 consecutive losing seasons.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 02, 2013 08:14AM

It seems we keep rebuilding every year and us people that hit 40 plus do not have too much time on our hands to keep waiting...

And the ones that hit over 60 ish.....they are almost already in the other dimension.

Amen!

And GO PHINS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2013 09:33AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2013 08:23AM

At least we remember the back to back superbowels and the almost perfect season. You 40ish whippersnappers don't remember shyte except Dan the Man falling short every season and, and,, what the hell is a dimention? Is that something like dimentia? A 40ish phenomenon BTW.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 02, 2013 10:08AM

i thought we just witnessed year 1 of the rebuild.

we're entering year 2 with 5 picks in the first 100 and nearly 47mm in cap room. This offseason will define the phins for the next 4-5 years.

i hope philbin has a lot of input on personnel decisions because i don't trust ireland.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 02, 2013 10:35AM

40ish remember the 70's.

I love how people think we can trade our junk for other teams stars.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 02, 2013 02:14PM

Hooligan 2

Superbowels?

I think I knew him in collegesmileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.