HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Does this team suck or what?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Does this team suck or what?
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2012 08:32AM

Are we still "a number of years away" from being a legit contender? Or are we close?

If we're close -- what are the 2 or 3 things we need to get over the hump and not get embarrassed by the likes of the Titans and the Cheaters D?

To me -- everything starts and ends with Thill. His development directly relates to this teams fortune in a HUGE way. End of story -- there is no glory
if Ryan doesn't become a significant game day force.

After that, you have to knock the opposing coitusback of her ass (speaking of the Lady) if you expect to beat the best vaginal offenses in the N F L. Of course you gotta harass their diva receivers and knock them out of their personal zipcode whenever possible.

Speaking of that -- does Sean Smith wear eyeliner or what?

This team has proven good at impersonating a good team from time to time. And nothing more. For all we know we could suck big-time next season because there are (once again) way too many unknowns and unsolved mysteries. Personally I think they should be searching for bigfoot in Davie because our training facility is like a vortex for weird unending shit.

BNF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does this team suck or what?
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 31, 2012 08:39AM

No! you are wrong!!

We have the best QB EVER!!!

Our coach and OC are the best in the league!!!

How could you even speak anything negative at all???

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 31, 2012 09:03AM

We should be a contender next year. Our defense has a solid core, and with one solid CB pick and another pass rusher, it would be fierce. Tannehill could use another WR, RB, and perhaps one or two more lineman. Not that far away.

We have a ton of draft picks and plenty of cap space. If anyone can screw that up, its Jeff Ireland.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 31, 2012 10:41AM

Now that Ireland is here to stay, let us see if this a-hole can get it right this time.
Note to Jeff Ireland:
Get it right this time, listen to the experts (because you are obviously not one of them) and do this team right

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 31, 2012 10:58AM

DK the optimist, I love it, this offseason and how Ireland will handle is a crap shoot... Do we pay big money for guys like Jake Groves, Gibril Wilson, Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall in FA like the last time we had large cap space... Or will he be more successful then how those dollars were spent....lets not even get into Ireland's history of second and third rd picks... I am glad you are optimistic DK, myself on the other hand is shaking in my flip flops on this sunny day south fla style...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 31, 2012 11:05AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DK the optimist, I love it, this offseason and how
> Ireland will handle is a crap shoot... Do we pay
> big money for guys like Jake Groves, Gibril
> Wilson, Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall in FA
> like the last time we had large cap space... Or
> will he be more successful then how those dollars
> were spent....lets not even get into Ireland's
> history of second and third rd picks... I am glad
> you are optimistic DK, myself on the other hand is
> shaking in my flip flops on this sunny day south
> fla style...

I'm optimistic about this team's current position of opportunity. I'm not optimistic about how it can execute.

IMO, this is the nightmare scenario. The first time in years that this team has an opportunity to have a legendary offseason, and we have this bonehead at the wheel. I have ZERO faith that Ireland will do this right. But perhaps having a blind squirrel parachuting into a nut orchard will lead to something....

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 31, 2012 11:39AM

Hopefully we don't waste the cap room and another draft missing on picks. We need 5-6 major hits between FA & the draft to rebuild quickly

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2012 11:46AM

There's no point in being a "fan" if you cannot default to some position of optimism -- unless you're just a dark energy demon sucking the life out of the delusional masses (those incapable of determining any real football esprit de corps in non Lombardian terms).

Point of fact and so forth: to continually support a non-supportable proposition (i.e., the Miami Dolphin pigskin team) is (a) delusional and (b) borderline psychotic. Or, in the broad categorical vaginal football vernacular, "sometimes ladies and gentlemen it's better to punt."

The question is: have we been focked over yet again?

I'm not 100% sure. But the lingering stench of rotten Tuna is making me ill. Or is that the pus flowing out of Ireland's eyes and ears and finger tips? Ewwwww!

Indeed, it's ill-advised to have "significant expectations" regarding the Miami Dolphin's because they have demonstrated the profound propensity to pilfer and heretofore abuse their fan base with false messianic messages ever since we drafted a afro-topped rock chucker from Pittsburg.

So many years. So many blown opportunities. So what's another 40-years in a delusional psychotic fan's life?

All this fuss about the next draft. Sit on a hot rock and check back in 25 years. By then we should know...

or NOT!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 31, 2012 12:49PM

Yeah, I feel ya here. I think if we dont see progress next year this franchise will be in the abyss for many many years

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2012 02:52PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I feel ya here. I think if we dont see
> progress next year this franchise will be in the
> abyss for many many years

And you once even suggested that the franchise be disbanded and that there be no more Miami Dolphins, PatsFan1.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 31, 2012 03:35PM

We are close...because we do have a solid core of players.

We need to keep the bulk of our current F/A's and then add two or three quality F/A's from other teams.

Then, we must add five or six, flashy, big play guys, in the draft.

In 2013 we must add offense, offense, offense, offense...along with a small but select group of cap friendly but quality defenders.

In 2014 we can go all out for wholesale defensive replacements.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 01, 2013 04:27AM

Date: January 01, 2013 11:37AM

We need to bring in a High Quality Veteran reciver and a we have the picks to bring in a Young stud. I really like Thigpen and Miller has shown signs of great ability. Dump Thomas and Bush. Bring in a quality back in the form of Ricky Williams. Big and strong , not small and fast. Free agent tight end and we need to give Fasano a new contract. 2 more Offensive lineman to shure up the pass protection. Did you see how much time Brady had to throw?

Defense needs CORNERS. Shutdown corners and more saftey help. Jones and Wake can't do it by themselves. I LOVE Jones. I went to 6 games this year and keep my eyes peeled to #20. He is a PlayFingmaker. Dansby is playing a step down from his usual level. We need a more Physical middle linebacker like Thomas was. Roaming the middle so the Corners and do their thing. CORNERS! Ours only collect penalities and are targets.

We were only plays away from winning several more games against some good Teams.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 02, 2013 10:52AM

several plays away from losing games too.

If this draft was the first for Ireland that is all on his hands then it is not too bad.

Not sure how much he had in signing all the other players listed.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2013 11:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.